Welcome New Members!

Replies

• joburns69
    joburns69 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello I'm Joanne from Belfast and I'm back to MFP after a few years!!! I'm 47 and have struggled with weight loss all my life. I did go from 14.5 to 10.5 stone for my wedding 24 years ago so know it can be done!! Now though I have 5 stone to lose and haven't a clue about how much carbs/fat/protein I should be consuming each day. I hope to join a group for encouragement with people of a similar weight amount to lose. 🤞
  • joburns69
    joburns69 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello I'm Joanne from Belfast and I'm back to MFP after a few years!!! I'm 47 and have struggled with weight loss all my life. I did go from 14.5 to 10.5 stone for my wedding 24 years ago so know it can be done!! Now though I have 5 stone to lose and haven't a clue about how much carbs/fat/protein I should be consuming each day. I hope to join a group for encouragement with people of a similar weight amount to lose. 🤞
  • heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi , I’m Jay. I never knew this community existed and am excited to find it . Just begun on my journey to lose 20 kg / around 44lbs in an effort to get fit since I have a few health issues. I began on 14 May 2020 and am down 2 kg/ 4.4 lbs. I could do with support to keep going till the end of the year😁
  • susank1982
    susank1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I am Susan from Indiana. I have been using this app for 18 days and just realized there was an entire community. My goal is to eventually be down 60 lbs from my starting weight. I had horrible eating habits
    ( i love me some drive thru food 😬) which packed on the weight. I have been eating healthier for 18 days and I already feel so much better. Oh and drinking at least half of my body weight in ounces of water daily.
  • jessgreenen1
    jessgreenen1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2020
    UK, Age 26. Just over 200 pounds. Goal weight, 160 pounds. Would love your support for accountability and to track my progress. 1500 Kcals a day, and trying to up the exercise too! Any tips would be great also. Thank you xx

[edited by MFP mods]
  • appgirlie
    appgirlie Posts: 1 Member
    Hello - I am not really new, but have never used this app to its full potential. I have been inconsistent until the past few months, and am seeing a registered dietician. I have lost 11 and a half pounds, but have been stuck there since late March. Mostly because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am looking for inspiration and support to keep me motivated!!!
  • Katblox
    Katblox Posts: 6 Member
    Good morning from Oz! When I looked at this three days ago when I joined, it was 'closed'. Where do I post questions? I'm wondering how I remove the kilojoules that are added on for exercise? I want these to just be a bonus and not be added onto the kilojoules that I can eat?
  • Katblox
    Katblox Posts: 6 Member
    Why haven't there been any responses since January last year?
  • cadingeldein
    cadingeldein Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m new here! I’m excited to try and lose a few pounds in quarantine (and beyond when we’re all let out) and I hope I can find a few online fitness buddies to help motivate myself and others!
  • thereisnospo0n
    thereisnospo0n Posts: 9 Member
    Hi from the west coast of Canada! I’m an MFP newbie, if anyone wants to add me as friends I’d certainly appreciate some mutual support and would love any tips ppl have found helpful! I’m a working 40 yo mom & wife. Excited to have found this community!
  • niafaz31
    niafaz31 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I plan to lose 40kg. Start count my calorie today and will begin exercise next week after finish quarantine(home). Wish me luck.Plan to become new me for my birthday on December😘
  • ChristinaBrashear
    ChristinaBrashear Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2020
    Been counting calories for a little while and I’m doing good with it.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Heyyyyy new members welcome! Add me if you like. I post yummy healthy food and fun memes !
  • Keepituppketchup
    Keepituppketchup Posts: 3 Member
    Privet Everyone ! :blush:

Its nice to know that I'm not alone :))
    New to tracking calories

Been on the healthy path from January 2019 after a long history of daily and heavy destructive lifestyle.
    Over-sweetened foods all over the day. Alcohol. Substances abuse. Been broke after reaching the upper hills, and then slowly slipped deeeep deeeep down.

Now my life changed drastically

Happy to share my many failures and my few achievements.
    Feel free to text me.
    Will be happy to practice more English also :tongue:
  • wonderwomen76
    wonderwomen76 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello starting a new me. Need to work on eating right and losing weight
  • ribenaninjaberri
    ribenaninjaberri Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone

Been around a while but just gone premium. Having no luck losing weight at all. Tried just calorie counting, now trying insanity and gaining weight and inches.

Feeling really upset and hoping the groups here can offer some advice and help!

I'm 30 years old and horribly obese, but due to years of competitive swimming still have a decent fitness level. I'd love to get in shape or even just drop a couple of Jean sizes.

Thanks all!
  • lillyhg
    lillyhg Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all, I need to lose weight I put on while recovering from coronavirus.

I need to lose at least 2 stone, ideally 4. I can't talk to any of my friends as they are all being easy on themselves due to lockdown! I can't say I blame them but I really need to lose weight to get healthier, and have no-one to talk to about this (except for my healthy-weight partner, who has never struggled with weight, so doesn't really get it....).

Please feel free to add me - would like the motivation of some people to chat to.
  • omegieokpetu
    omegieokpetu Posts: 1 Member
    I am happy and nervous at the same time
  • Christine_01
    Christine_01 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,
    I’m Christine, soon to turn 53 on the 30th. I’m dealing with weight and health issues so I’m wanting to start changing some things