The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    Does anyone have social anxiety? I believe that social anxiety is something that you have to train yourself out of. It’s a battle that you have to fight

Don’t pick me up wrong on the “fight” word... when I was younger/ignorant I believed you had to fight off anxiety, but that makes it worse. You have to let go and surrender to it

Sure, social anxiety... or that I just don't like people that much. I always thought that it would be best to find a remote place in Alaska (probably the only place where this is possible anymore) and live off the grid, off the land, never see another person for the rest of my life. You hear about people doing that, sometimes someone stumbles upon a cabin where someone has been living for decades without seeing anyone else. Of course, sometimes they find a body, which is not necessarily a bad place to die either. In any case, I would die without insulin, so that isn't possible.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Does anyone have social anxiety? I believe that social anxiety is something that you have to train yourself out of. It’s a battle that you have to fight

Don’t pick me up wrong on the “fight” word... when I was younger/ignorant I believed you had to fight off anxiety, but that makes it worse. You have to let go and surrender to it

Sure, social anxiety... or that I just don't like people that much. I always thought that it would be best to find a remote place in Alaska (probably the only place where this is possible anymore) and live off the grid, off the land, never see another person for the rest of my life. You hear about people doing that, sometimes someone stumbles upon a cabin where someone has been living for decades without seeing anyone else. Of course, sometimes they find a body, which is not necessarily a bad place to die either. In any case, I would die without insulin, so that isn't possible.
    But would you not crave human contact? I feel alone with the desire to walk among people (if not meeting people). I don’t know however if that’s been programmed into me.

If this quarantine has told me anything, it's that I would miss human interaction for the first week or 2, then not so much.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    zie6e19rr0b1.jpeg

Gud morning everybody & everyone

Good morning. With all that's going on, it's clear to see that we are DEFINITELY in that book!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member

Yep. Mine comes from growing up in middle/highschool. If I was ever noticed, it was negative. Made me want to be as far away from crowds as possible, and terminally afraid of starting a conversation wmin the workplace. I cant do it, my feet are rooted in place when I start thinking about it, while standing in the lunchroom.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    @mattig89ch I feel really ugly in my appearance, it could be a mental thing more than anything. But I cringe just thinking about staring someone in the eyes... I’ve grown more confident over time, but I still assume that people dislike my presence and I feel out of place a lot of the time. I have to bite the bullet and stop caring what people may think, but it’s really uncomfortable.

I think you have an attractive face.. 🙂
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member

Social anxiety is real for me as well. I always feel awkward, like I'm going to say something inappropriate. That combined with the fact that I never feel like people are interested in what I have to say.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    @mattig89ch I feel really ugly in my appearance, it could be a mental thing more than anything. But I cringe just thinking about staring someone in the eyes... I’ve grown more confident over time, but I still assume that people dislike my presence and I feel out of place a lot of the time. I have to bite the bullet and stop caring what people may think, but it’s really uncomfortable.

You could take some acting or drama classes. They can really help you out in social situations and improve your self confidence. Body language speaks more than words, too. Also practice smiling too...honestly It will make you happier and approachable. I used to think that was bs but it actually works.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

Social anxiety is real for me as well. I always feel awkward, like I'm going to say something inappropriate. That combined with the fact that I never feel like people are interested in what I have to say.
    I have the same problem. I believe one should speak their mind though. It doesn't matter what people think, people forget other peoples failures faster than anything else.

I absolutely agree. The more we talk and share ideas the better. And in my experience you are correct. You failed, we all failed, move on. What's next, what are we doing TODAY?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi singles. I am just bumping this back to first page. Crazy days these. Crazy days
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    crazy weeks
  • rhall331
    rhall331 Posts: 21 Member
    Are singles really mingling here? Just asking for a friend 😋
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    rhall331 wrote: »
    Are singles really mingling here? Just asking for a friend 😋

I would be open to mingling. 😉
  • absandproteinshakes
    absandproteinshakes Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning Singles. Rise and shine. Time for some Sunday funday abs and chest day.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    zie6e19rr0b1.jpeg

Gud morning everybody & everyone

Dying!!😂😂😂