Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    @finngirl61 I would make sure you're logging accurately, too. Do you have a food scale? If not, you could still log things by volume, and just be sure that whatever you're logging, try to use entries that have that green check that means they're verified. Otherwise, just keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there!
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    @finngirl61 I would make sure you're logging accurately, too. Do you have a food scale? If not, you could still log things by volume, and just be sure that whatever you're logging, try to use entries that have that green check that means they're verified. Otherwise, just keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there!

Thanks, I do have a scale and use it. How do you add the green checks?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    finngirl61 wrote: »

Thanks, I do have a scale and use it. How do you add the green checks?

When you're searching through the food in the database to add, just try to verify the entries, either yourself, by googling what you're entering, or being sure that the entry you want to pick has a green check next to it.

For example, if I wanted to log 1 cup of cooked jasmine rice, I could pick this one with a green check:

d86uuterpqxb.png

if I wanted to log somelthing I couldn't find a green check for, like say... a hamburger patty from a store.

w80ol10cn9eh.png

I would google or look at the packaging on that particular patty to make sure those numbers were right.

One more thing that really helps me. When I make a recipe, I weigh the whole recipe, and when logging the recipe to use in MFP, I make the serving size "1 gram" so that I can just weigh what I take of the recipe I made.

kuxwjax63q9j.png

That bread loaf was two loaves, actually, but they weighed 2628 g. So when I take some bread, I can just weigh what I take, and log it that way. I make this bread a lot, but I always use the same proportions to the gram, so logging the recipe is helpful for me.

If that's all duplicate information, I apologize!
  • Daisyfinch90
    Daisyfinch90 Posts: 28 Member
    @smithmns414 May sounds like it was a very unkind month to you - I bet you’re thrilled to kick it to the curb and move into June!

Dual factor infertility sounds horrendous, I can imagine that would be daunting news at any time even without everything else you’ve got going on.

I lost a child very late in pregnancy, and can totally relate to the gut-wrenching feeling of finding out other people are expecting. Then dealing with the guilt of not feeling happy for them when I wanted to. Be kind to yourself, and look after each other.

I’m in awe that you’re keeping up with the weight loss despite all the crap - most people would make excuses but here you are. But then looking at your phenomenal loss so far, it’s no surprise you’re still at it. I wouldn’t want to be the person to get in your way if you’d set your mind to something, I can tell you that much!!

Your goals for June sound spot on to me 😊. I’m SO jealous of your mini break - I’d love one right now!
  • Daisyfinch90
    @KristenLCook2 what makes it hard for you to drink water? Finding the issue means finding the solution!

No flavour? Or just hard to drink and get down for some reason? The former is easily solved with a squeeze of lemon or lime. The latter is something I struggled with myself. I found sparkling water - and weirdly room temperature water (sounds grim I know!) - easier to drink.
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe thanks for that last tip on weighing all ingredients and then adjusting the grams to your serving.

@Daisyfinch90 great words! Your post really spoke to me, especially the part about aiming for perfection. What works for one person may not work for another so we need to find what works for us.

@smithmns414 I hope June is better for you!
  • Daisyfinch90
    @sharpdust I’m glad my blabbering is of help! You can certainly achieve great results without perfection. It held me back for so long and my God, it feels incredible to have let go of the unrealistic expectations I was holding myself to.

Because losing weight isn’t the unrealistic expectation at all, that’s easy once you find what works. It only becomes unrealistic if you make things harder for yourself than they need to be.

If your aim was to, say, complete a video game you’d pick easy not hard mode! Hard mode is for when you’ve smashed easy mode and want to take it to the next level, in my humble opinion!