The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• nickikole1
    Options
    You don't need to count it, but I was so excited, I had to tell you ladies! My weight gain from yesterday wasn't permanent. I was back to 136.5 this morning. I felt like I was lying to myself so I rechecked my measurements to see if it was true. (You don't need to count all this, I just really wanted to yell it from a rooftop somewhere.)

31" * Waist (1" loss)
    37.5" * lower abs (1/2' loss)
    3.75" * hips (1/4" loss)
    24" * thighs
    10 3/4" * arm
  • nickikole1
    Options
    bprague, do you tend to do the same workouts every week? I noticed that when I ran every day last year, I managed to gain weight. I had great legs, but my waist and chest seemed as uncomfortable as ever. One day someone got me out on a bike ride for an hour or two and my body responded. Try doing something your body hates doing every once in a while. It might be poor advice, since you seem to work out hard anyway, but it's all I have.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Back to 138. Lost zero inches. FML.

Sunday: Yoga (Yoga Meltdown with JM, levels one and two back to back), 25 push-ups
    Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: Circuit Training (No More Trouble Zones with JM) 20 push-ups
    Wednesday: Yoga and Zumba, plus 25 push-ups
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Circuit Training (Ripped in 30, levels one and four back to back), plus 60 push-ups
    Saturday: Running, four miles

Push-ups total: 130
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Same as last week. 127.5, Inches also the same.

Exercised everday and met water goal everyday which was a first.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I did squats and pushups, but never count. I am ok with being in the bottom, I need the motivation of the group. I did strength training on Mon, TH, and Sat. Other days are all cardio.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! Well....just got back in town! We had a great trip, but it went way too fast. We spent the weekend in Asheville, North Carolina. The weather was beautiful.....well up until our drive back to Ohio. It rained for about 7 hours of 8.5 total.

I will weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm scared. We ate out so many times, and then there were the roadtrip snacks and drinks. YIKES!!! I am feeling super fat and bloated. BUT --- I don't (and won't) regret it. We never go on vacation....I was going to enjoy every bit of it. Including the chocolate malt that I got from the renovated Woolworth soda fountain. YUM!

Gotta kick into gear tomorrow and from here on out. This week I am going to go back to 1200 calories with exercise. Gotta shock the body back into gear.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! And great job on last weeks challenge. I will try to post results tomorrow!
  • vsetter
    Options
    HOLY ****!!!!!! (please excuse my language)! This morning's weight was 131#. OUCH!!!!!! That is a solid three pounds above the high end of my range! YIKES!!!!!! I knew it was bad but I wasn't expecting that.

Sorry girls.....I'm not taking measurements today. I did take them before I left for vacation though. Those measurements make me feel better :sad:

So what do you think --- is this reversable? Drink lots of water to flush those restaurant salts???? Any suggestions??? Am I REALLY 131#. I haven't been that high in months.
  • vsetter
    Options

Hey all! Someone please explain to me this friggen fat reorganization. I feel like I didn't actually lose any fat, it just moved around. >.< Anyone have any insights?!

Waist: 25
    lower abs:31
    Hips: 39
    thighs: 23
    Arm: 10

It just seems like it moved to your legs. Do you have muscular legs? You have been exercising a lot, maybe it is all muscle bulk??
  • vsetter
    Options
    HOLY ****!!!!!! (please excuse my language)! This morning's weight was 131#. OUCH!!!!!! That is a solid three pounds above the high end of my range! YIKES!!!!!! I knew it was bad but I wasn't expecting that.

Sorry girls.....I'm not taking measurements today. I did take them before I left for vacation though. Those measurements make me feel better :sad:

So what do you think --- is this reversable? Drink lots of water to flush those restaurant salts???? Any suggestions??? Am I REALLY 131#. I haven't been that high in months.

HA!!!!!! MFP blocked my bad word!!!! Too funny!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well... I too just got back from a weekend of food. Weighed myself last night and the damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A gain of only 2.2 Ib which may have been due to weighing in the evening rather than the morning. Next Friday when I do my official weigh in, it should be better (I hope! Fingers crossed!) I'll do my measurements then too.

So... the weekend of food with the inlaws started with a massive feed of chinese food on Friday followed by no thanks for a big breaky fry-up on Saturday morning (opted for weet-bix instead). Lunch consisted of BBQ meat, chicken, pork, salad, bread, bread, bread (did I say bread?) and two serves of pavlova. Dinner was a small steak and salad. I am totally breaded out. Sunday, me and the hubby escaped and had fish with salad followed by a shared caramel slice and Chai for afternoon tea. As we were getting ready to head to the airport the mother-in-law surprised us with a farewell dinner of lasagne and marinated chicken breast with bread (no salad) at 5.30pm. I'd barely eaten my afternoon tea! I almost lost it! Made my own salad, passed on the bread, halfed my lasagne slice and took a tiny quarter piece of a chicken breast. Afterwards the desert was immediately pulled out! No joke. I had barely cleared the dinner plates. For goodness sake!! I politely said "no thanks" and was asked another 5 times. My partner too. Until I said "look please don't force us". She lost it at me. Saying "they're only small, I bought small custard tarts with cream on top and muffins and strawberry tarts so you could have one of each. They're not so bad because they are small". To which I replied "actually there is at least 150 calories in the custard tart, 100 in the mini muffin and 100 in the strawberry. Thats over 300 together before adding the cream".

I know I may seem a little rude they know we are trying to eat healthy. They constantly try and make us fall off the wagon. I ate everything I was given all weekend to please them until that final dinner on the third night. Enough was enough! I may have crossed the line but I just hated that we were constantly told to just eat it, eat it, how nice it was, how we were missing out etc etc. It annoyed me how she almost forced hubby to eat and justifed it by saying; it's small, it's only one, it's the weekend, it's fat free etc etc. Argh. I've put my foot down. I'm not going to let other people ruin my hard work and pull me into THEIR eating habits.

On another more positive note...over the weekend I ended up doing a run which I was pleased about because I thought it wouldn't happen.

And...

NSV today! After eating all weekend, I had two people comment from work about how much weight I have lost :happy:

Plus, shopping was pretty cool. Mostly bought xsmallsizes in tops and trousers/shorts and even one xxsmal top and trouser pants. I have NEVER been a small. Not. Ever. I also got properly fitted for a bra and have gone down a strab size but not cup size, got to be pleased with that!

Hope everyone's happy with their measurements... and don't let anyone else dictate what you eat!!
  • ljbhill
    Options
    Sorry guys... don't mean to go on about it. Just fired me up!! I won't be exploding again any time soon. Until the next time I visit them that is! Thanks for the ears (or eye in this case!) =)

Weekly Exercise:
    Sat- Walk 80 minutes/ Shred
    Sun- Shred 20 minutes/ Run 22 minutes/ Walk 20 minutes
    Monday- REST
    Tuesday-Run 15 minutes/Pilates
    Wednesday-Walk 40 minutes/Shred
    Thursday-Shred
    Friday-Run 20 minutes

Push ups 100
  • nickikole1
    Options
    Valerie, I found that if you drink more water than you can imagine having, it makes a big difference the next day. It might not make up all the weight, but it will take a part of it.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!
    Just wanted to check in and see how everybody's week is going. I've had a really off week with the long weekend. Monday was my rest day, then tuesday became another rest day. Wednesday, I went to the gym but no after work workout. This morning I could not lift my head off the pillow, so I have to go to the gym tonight. Tomorrow AM gym for sure and maybe some yoga after work. Saturday, we are walking/jogging a 5k for Colon Cancer awareness/survivors down at the Philadelphia Art Museum, so I won't get to the gym that day, but I'll get the 5k in plus our walk to and from the train station.
    My food has been pretty inline so far, but boy am not feeling it this week.
    Anyone else having trouble recovering from the holiday???
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Hey all! Someone please explain to me this friggen fat reorganization. I feel like I didn't actually lose any fat, it just moved around. >.< Anyone have any insights?!

Waist: 25
    lower abs:31
    Hips: 39
    thighs: 23
    Arm: 10

It just seems like it moved to your legs. Do you have muscular legs? You have been exercising a lot, maybe it is all muscle bulk??

I do have quite muscular legs. I hope your right!

Back at school! Eating right is easy until dinner time but everyone is so willing to give me goodies and it all goes to heck! lol. I specifically didn't buy any snacks except for fruit and veggies so I wouldn't snack... but last night I went glutton over cheese. Ah, well, picking myself back up.
  • vsetter
    Options
    Okay -- I know that I suck -- I am WAY behind in reporting back to you all. I PROMISE that I will get better. Between the holiday weekend, vacation, and my kid starting school, it has been a crazy week! I will include measurements next week.

Last week's results
    >>>>>

Congrats to Nicole. She lost weight this week (down 1.5 pounds). YEAH!!!!!

GREAT JOB on the challenges!!!!
    ***The following got in at least 8 miles: Kate, Brooklyn, Nicole, Cathie, and ljbhill.
    ***The following got in their 100 pushups: Kate (100 pushups), Brooklyn (140 pushups), Cathie (168 pushups), cheshirechic (130 pushups), and ljbhill (100 pushups).

And....our top 3 squaters were
    >>>>
    Brooklyn with 525 squats ---- WOW!!!!
    Cathie with 264 squats
    Kate with 165 squats

Point leaders for last week (and also those with the most total points):
    1) Kate (39, 134 total)
    2) Cathie (34, 116 total)
    3) Brooklyn (30, 112 total)

Everyone did well with their water, BUT no one met their calorie goals 7 times. Maybe that comes with the holiday weekend!

week5.jpg

weightweek5.jpg
  • vsetter
    Options
    How does this format work for measurements??? My measurements are not included and neither are those of ljbhill.

changemth1.jpg
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^LOOKS GOOD^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Valerie :smile:
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!

No worries Val. We knew you'd been on vacation. And school starting throws everyone off for the first week or 2.

Thanks for all your tracking!!

Oh yeah - Happy Friday!!!
  • ljbhill
    Options
    Weigh in: 56Kg (123.46 Ib)

Doesn't seem to want to bloody move from around this number!!!

Measurements are good though. I took my first measurements when I weighed 61kg (134.5Ib). These are my measurements now:

Waist: 76cm (29In)
    Hips: 85.5cm (33.6In)
    Chest: 86cm (88.8In)
    Thigh:52.5cm (20.7In)
    Arm: 28cm (11In)

I
  • vsetter
    Options
    Weigh in: 56Kg (123.46 Ib)

Doesn't seem to want to bloody move from around this number!!!

Measurements are good though. I took my first measurements when I weighed 61kg (134.5Ib). These are my measurements now:

Waist: 76cm (29In)
    Hips: 85.5cm (33.6In)
    Chest: 86cm (88.8In)
    Thigh:52.5cm (20.7In)
    Arm: 28cm (11In)

I

Were the measurements you gave me initially from your 61kg weight? Cause according to my chart, I calculate a loss of 28.5cm (about 11.25 inches). That is awesome!!!!!! Great job!!!!