Options

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    sklaw31 wrote: »
    58 yo, 5' 7" UGW: 150#
    05/31-178.7 It's funny. The majority of folks believe CICO is the standard for weight loss. And it makes sense. However, now that I'm logging daily, I am becoming a believer that the food choices for those calories still impact the speed of that loss. Normally, I don't eat much bread, certainly not two days in a row. But man, that pretzel bread cheeseburger was even more awesome than the deep dish pizza the day before! Walked 14000 steps and other activities that earned over 800 more calories yesterday, of which I ate NONE of. Weight stays the same. Today I go back to the good carbs. C'mon scales...@littlecinnamon and I need a whoosh!

CICO is definitely the key to fat loss, but weight itself can be many things. When you eat carb heavy meals, you tend to retain water. When you eat salty meals, you tend to retain water. If you exercise a lot, you tend to retain water and even gain mass through muscle growth (slowly over time). I'm sure there's many more factors and I'm oversimplifying this even still.

When your body sheds that water is typically when you see your whoosh. :)

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie Thank you!