June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Sorry you're calf is giving you so much trouble. Hoping the week off of running will get you back to where you need to be.

@Teresa502 Yeah for Garmin sales. What model did you order?

@shanaber I hope the rest day is all your foot requires to feel better. As for the headphones, I think I would ask for another replacement since there is still a year on the warranty. As for running early - I don't. I wish I could, but I am a night owl and hate getting up early. I may have to this summer though, so I can run before it gets too hot.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @shanaber On workdays, I'm typically starting my run between 5:30-6:30 AM, but on the weekends or vacation days, I usually sleep a bit later and don't run until 8-9 AM. So no. Unless I've got the motivation to run before work, I'm not naturally rolling out of bed early.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Love it. That's hilarious.

• janejellyroll
    Options
    @rheddmobile Regarding the circadian rhythm thing, I think my husband is that way. It took me a while to get that he isn't just "sleepy" if he has to get up early, he genuinely struggles to function. As someone who is a morning person but can pretty much adjust to a variety of schedules (I worked overnights for a couple years), it was initially hard for me to grasp and I thought it was something he could just decide to get over, like how I could power through a night shift with an extra cup of coffee. Nope, it's not like that at all. Fortunately, he's also able to do his work at a time that fits his schedule.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - I ordered the Forerunner 245 Music. I think it will serve my needs quite nicely.

@katharmonic - Perfect summary of my thoughts on trail running! The trail I ran on yesterday was pretty overgrown in spots and ran along the river for a while. I was so paranoid of stepping on a snake! Thankfully, only a big turtle was in my path....that I know of!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Beautiful, humid summer runs. On work phone call this morning, a co-worker mentioned that he was already sick of summer. It's really only been summer here for a week! :D

6/1: 1.75m
    6/2: 5.5m
    6/3: 6m
    6/4: 5m

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 – 4
    6/2 – 5
    6/3 – 4
    6/4 – 4

17 of 100 miles

@quilteryoyo boo on no AC

@Avidkeo sorry about the muscle

@Teresa502 what is with the Garmins lately, seems everyone is having a problem

@shanaber sorry the foot is hurting. When I’m working at the office I get up at 4:30 to be out the door to run and get to work. Now that I’m working home I get up at 5:45 to run. On the weekends in the summer I try to be out the door at by 7:30 or 8:00 in the winter I’m good anytime.

@katharmonic definitely!!! How can I only have gone 2 miles ha ha me!!!

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June - Sept
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart Glad you had a good run, once you got going. I hope your Garmin comes back soon. I miss mine when I take it off to take a shower and charge the battery.

@Teresa502 Way to gut it out! 7am dentist appointment? I'm surprised they open that early. I'm sure mine doesn't. Hope your Garmin comes soon.

@mbaker566 I know what you mean. I am a mosquito magnet too.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber That's fantastic. I still haven't ordered headphones. With that review, I'll probably purchase the Trekz.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo great running in the heat!
    @shanaber good news on the trekz. I’ve been eyeing them as well...really need to get to Fleet Feet, lol!
    On getting up early - only to run or to catch a flight - though I try very hard to not book early morning flights. I’m not a morning person so get it up early to run is huge for me. Before working from home, and because of my son’s school (he had to be up at 6 to catch bus by 6:40), I was up too. I’d have coffee and get dressed and head out around 7:30 or so.
    Now, since I’m working at home I’ve been heading out at 8-9. But that will now change since the heat is here. So probably back to 7-8 maybe or earlier. Or the dreadmill! Just so I can sleep haha.

Hot run today. Did speed work. 1 mile warme up, and then 1 min speed / walk intervals for about 2 miles, then easy run and walk back to total 5 ish miles. Was glad for the walk breaks.
    Rest day or cross train tomorrow..it’s going to be hot and humid tfoemthe next few days so no real good day for my long run. Will just have to gut it out.

Oh and I’m a magnet for mosquitoes too.