WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I've been checking the Worldometer almost every day. I also check for local figures the ovulation website! It's the only one which easily seems to give daily figures. Weird, but true.
    As I'm not a politician, thank goodness, just an armchair one, all I can do is keep myself safe. I'm lucky in that I'm not a huggy person, apart from my sexual partner. We were never a huggy family. I had to learn to hug in my 20s. The grandchildren are all over DH, but I get a leg hug at the most. That suits me fine. Sometimes they lean on me watching tv, but DH is the one who gets the close contact. Children just seem to know who is comfortable and who isn't.
    Zooming them today at 2 pm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Loumarberts
    Loumarberts Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am not new to this site, infact it has been with me for a few years. My job(s) have taken me for some adventurous spins; leaving me short on time and energy deficient. Nothing much has changed with my body though, struggling still to keep it healthy. COVID 19 seems to be a translucent blessing, at least I have a steady amount of hours at work. Some people have woken up to see how much we take for granted. I will be checking in on the weekends only, as my daylight hours are at work. To continue my workouts I have to get up early in the night, thus bedtime is before supper. I have three pets (from 7) whom are getting old and need special care these days. Thank goodness the housework is also less. Take care :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- winter's afternoon ride ...

Distance: 16.40km
    Elevation: 91m 
    Moving Time: 1:02:17
    Elapsed Time: 1:03:48 
    Speed: Avg: 15.8km/h Max: 43.6km/h
    Calories:    252

​​​​​
    x2z69ci3z30p.png

kfnuqmskv136.png

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Chrissy and Loumarberts, welcome! Glad to have you here. Feel free to drop into the converation wherever you feel comfortable, no need to respond to every single person.

Tracey - I very nearly bought those same chairs and for the same reason. I don't want to have to take cushions in and out every time I sit outside--because I know eventually I will forget, or I'll just get lazy, and they'll get ruined. :) They're lovely, by the way, as is your whole deck area.

Machka - so beautiful. Always odd to know, as we get hotter and hotter here, your weather is going the opposite direction.

For Corey and I, it appears our next major project will probably be a covered, screened patio, and I'm going to get someone in to give us a bid. That way we'll know if it's worth doing it ourselves or having someone else do it. I've decided not to buy any furniture until that's built, whether it's us building the structure or someone else--with a covered patio, I can put cushioned furniture out without them getting ruined. It also means, though, that it will be months before I get any outside furniture. :)

Having a good month, weight-wise. At the moment, the weight is falling off, but it's always easy at the beginning--and I started tracking my weight and exercise again on March 23, and then began tracking my calories on April 24. Not restricting, you'll notice, just tracking. Twenty days after I began tracking (May 14), I hit my highest weight in 15 years, 219.6 lbs. It was a wake-up call.

As of this morning (June 14), my weight is at 207.6, so I've lost 12 pounds in one month. I'm pleased with that, while knowing full well it won't continue at that rate... It's actually faster than I should lose, and I'm betting my body will push back soon. Nevertheless, it's a tremendous psychological boost. I've averaged 1760 calories a day, which tells you how much of the weight loss is from exercise of all kinds.

I also have begun to realize that same exercise level, especially when working outside, are how my mother kept her weight off the last 12 years of her life... she was exactly the age I am now when she was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. She kept it controlled with diet, exercise and medication.

So, for now, I'll channel my mother and continue to stay moving at much higher levels than I could when I was working. I've also promised myself that, while I can't seem to keep myself from weighing, the "official" weight for each week will be Sunday mornings.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInAR
    Options
    I've been checking the Worldometer almost every day. I also check for local figures the ovulation website! It's the only one which easily seems to give daily figures. Weird, but true.
    As I'm not a politician, thank goodness, just an armchair one, all I can do is keep myself safe. I'm lucky in that I'm not a huggy person, apart from my sexual partner. We were never a huggy family. I had to learn to hug in my 20s. The grandchildren are all over DH, but I get a leg hug at the most. That suits me fine. Sometimes they lean on me watching tv, but DH is the one who gets the close contact. Children just seem to know who is comfortable and who isn't.
    Zooming them today at 2 pm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, I could have written every part of that (except the ovulation website, which is definitely quite odd) all the way to the contact with the grands. They climb Corey like a tree, and eventually, when everything settles down, they come climb on the couch with me and nudge me.

Zoom, however, is beyond me. Not because we don't have the technology, but because I find it completely exhausting.

Love,
    Lisa
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

It has been a few days. We are certainly one busy group. All is well here. Between work and personal life I have been quite busy. I am also attempting to reduce my screen time. Working in front of a computer for an average of 9 hours a day is certainly not healthy. And, even though I take breaks throughout the day to make sure I move every hour or so it still does not do any of us any good. I keep telling myself retirement is right around the corner!

Worked through my taxes this morning and although I knew what I owed it is also surprising seeing the numbers on the tax form. Thank goodness we were given a break and do not need to submit our returns until July 15th. I will be able to scrape up some of what I owe – the rest can be done through a payment plan. I will need to strategically get more taxes taken out of my salary and the plan was to take my “raise and promotion” increase to do that, but as you all know all of that is on hold. So payment plan it is!

Kate – I am so sorry you and your family were not able to keep with your family’s tradition after your BIL’s passing.

Barbie – Oh, those kitchen gadgets. Everyone I know who owns an IP loves it. I thought it was amusing Jake was too busy watching IP clips to make the promised lunch. Isn’t it funny we are still like the children we were – imagining all of the things we can do and the fun we will have with our new “toy”.

Meatballs – I really cannot eat frozen/prepared meatballs. Many years ago I started baking in the oven. Less mess and fuss and I can still make them well done prior to putting in to the sauce. I typically make 2 pounds of them and freeze some for future use. I also make bacon in the oven for the same reason – it’s cleaner and much easier.

Karen – The Moonstruck petunia is gorgeous. Absolutely love it!

Carol – So happy for you spending time with your college mates. We can socialize we just have to be careful.

Rebecca – Love the new do. I used to cut my own hair but the back is always a challenge and takes such a long time to cut while using 2 or 3 mirrors. I keep thinking I may just shave my head my first official day of retirement. Who knows I may start a fashion trend!

Lisa – The lilies are thriving. It sounds like you are really adapting and enjoying not working. So happy for you. Oh, and I wrote my little tangent about covid-life before reading your commentary. We are thinking the same things. Congratulations on the weight loss. We are all works in progress.

General Opening Up Commentary – We are moving in to Phase 2 and cases have been up in SFL too. I think it is due primarily to people slipping with good practices such as washing hands, wiping things down, staying away from strangers and those we are not “sure” about. I think we have to come to the realization with the number of mutations out there and how this virus is adapting we are in it for the long haul. With the number of mutations we will not have a vaccine any time soon, if ever. So we will have to always play it safe which we should have been doing all along (maybe not the masks, but other good practices such as staying home when not feeling 100%, frequently washing/sanitizing our hands, and keeping our darn hands away from our faces). Sorry if this is depressing but I think we have to come to terms, sooner versus later, of our new normal.

Beth – I must be especially challenging to hear people talk through masks. Hoping the Sono is clear and all is well with your health.

Machka – Maybe you can speak with your direct manager and work something out where you can work remote one or two days a week. This time has proven the work gets done whether you are in the office or remote. Congratulations on getting those courses completed. If I recall you only have one more semester? Countdown on!!!! I was so thrilled when I started to realize I was almost done!

Tracey – With hubby’s skills why not build chairs with storage underneath for the cushions? I think he would be able to come up with something really cool and purposeful. Happy Anniversary!! Just got to the post where you posted the pic of the chairs. That type is very popular in Florida where it can rain at any given time during rainy season.

Terri – Congratulations to your grandson completing his Masters.

Lanette – Unless the sneeze shield fully covers a person under their chin and is tight against the head it offers little to no protection as the sneezes, coughs, etc. can just fly under the shield where there is no coverage. I believe most use them to keep eyes protected from spray and health regulations require the use of a mask while using a shield. I have seen masks with a see through panel around the mouth area.

Rita – Love your sewing set up. Very creative!

Bananas – Yes, one can buy super cheap Formica in cost and quality. The bureau was extremely well made. That said I got it to the curb and it was gone a few hours later. When I was out eating dinner I met a couple and one of them was a “scraper”. He was the one who took it and promptly made $40 for it. I do not post things where people must come to my home because I am single and it is obvious. So I am glad I got it to the curb and someone put it to profit!

A general question to the group….I completely understand when we put certain covid-related posts in spoilers especially when the post may touch on political topics. But, I am having a hard time understanding why we are “hiding” our new normal. I know there are some here having a hard time adapting, but this is our new reality. The sooner we adapt, the sooner we can move forward. And, I am not heartless because I sympathize with those having a hard time. I understand depression, feelings of uncertainty, etc. But, this is going to be our new normal and probably not the last covid-XX we see in our futures. I will be more than happy to “hid”, if it is the general consensus of the group. I just do not feel it is in any of our best interests. Enough said.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,071 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Tried out my new pistachio oil today, over the avocado part of the Tricolore salad. Oh MY! :D It was meant to be a present for my son, but he wanted a heart rate monitor instead, so I kept it. I've had it before, bought in Paris, but I'd forgotten how amazing it is.

Tonight I'm cheating with a Waittose charcoal grilled veg pack and cooking up some frozen prawns with garlic. A tiny blob of pesto and I'm good to go. I'm cutting back a bit on calories as my weight is creeping back up again, so only a few strands of tagliatelle for me. Broccoli. AF pink wine.

Lisa - I used to find the Zoom exhausting when they all tried to do it together. Now they do it one at a time and the two older ones are answering DH'S quizzes. It's the Solar System this time. :) Bea comes on and bounces up and down and shows us her feet and all her scratches, and we have to show ours, but it's a lot easier than it was. Plus the two of us do it sitting together, so DH takes most of the burden. We are still knackered afterwards! Max tries to muscle in on Edie's time, creeping round the back of the sofa, but we send him away.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Allie- Sorry to hear about Faith. Definitely a hospital bed. A camera set up in her room would be inexpensive and easy to monitor her. Is she confused and trying to "go" somewhere? My mother in law always thought she was somewhere else (usually her childhood home) and she would get up to look for her mom, her sister, her friends, etc. I wonder what Faith is looking for...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Good morning ladies! <3

Tracey - love those chairs. Did you get them at a big box store? I think I'm limited to Walmart and Home Depot - making my grocery run early this morning and will stop in both places (they are next door to each other) and see if they have them. I'll probably end up with a couple resin ones.

Lisa - I love the idea of a screened in porch. I can't wait to see it once you get it going. We don't have one at this place but we added a "lean-to" - roof extended off the entry to the shop where we put the picnic table out of the rain and a bench for DH to sit and watch the birds in all kinds of weather.

Rebecca
    - happy for you that you made contact with your son!

About putting Covid talk in spoilers:
    Please, I for one would appreciate it if the spoilers would continue. There are days I get to a tipping point with this virus - actually just about everything that's been in the news 24/7 for the past 3 months. I'm done with the fear and worry. I've just come off a 2 week round of omeprazole because the stress of this and my DH's health has made my stomach a wreck.

Edit: I worry about my BFF.... she says Jesus has appeared to her twice in the past few weeks and told her he's coming soon, so she's on a "mission." We are all keeping an eye on her. There are some days I hope she's right.

For those of you still working, you may have to adjust to a "new normal". For my household, nothing much has changed, really, for this retired couple. So I'm comfortable staying with our old normal as much as we can.

Thanks Peeps.

OK, better close for now and get the shopping list organized.

Make it a good day, ladies! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I use my IP all the time, almost every day, and it sits on my surface. In our previous house I had it in the utility room. We eat a lot of wet food, stews, curries, tagines, soups, broth etc plus I pre cook eggs and potatoes and, of course, yoghurt, twice a week. I love it because I don't have to watch it. It switches itself off and keeps the food warm. The secret is to use the minimum of liquid. It also makes a great cheesecake, but I've only done it once, to great acclaim. I've sprouted beans, I've made paneer, I've risen bread, I've made egg bites, our favourite cabbage, sauerkraut and polish sausage dish, and there are a myriad other things you can do. Cooking beans, chickpeas and grains from scratch is another. Brown rice. No watching. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    Options
    Rebecca - I'm so glad you got to see Owain's face... I know you've been missing him so much.

Which brought to mind the fact that I called mine yesterday--John lives about an hour away now... and he basically exists on his Air Force disability money (black mold in the dorms in Germany causing his asthma).

This is the same boy that said, "Any time you need some work done, just come get me, I'll be happy to help!"

Told him we were thinking about getting the materials to create the screened-in porch, and asked him if he'd be willing to help. His answer was, "Well, not really, I've got this cut on my finger, and it keeps opening up."

I have no words.

p8im1cuwk6xf.png

Lisa
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    General Opening Up Commentary – We are moving in to Phase 2 and cases have been up in SFL too. I think it is due primarily to people slipping with good practices such as washing hands, wiping things down, staying away from strangers and those we are not “sure” about. I think we have to come to the realization with the number of mutations out there and how this virus is adapting we are in it for the long haul. With the number of mutations we will not have a vaccine any time soon, if ever. So we will have to always play it safe which we should have been doing all along (maybe not the masks, but other good practices such as staying home when not feeling 100%, frequently washing/sanitizing our hands, and keeping our darn hands away from our faces). Sorry if this is depressing but I think we have to come to terms, sooner versus later, of our new normal.

A general question to the group….I completely understand when we put certain covid-related posts in spoilers especially when the post may touch on political topics. But, I am having a hard time understanding why we are “hiding” our new normal. I know there are some here having a hard time adapting, but this is our new reality. The sooner we adapt, the sooner we can move forward. And, I am not heartless because I sympathize with those having a hard time. I understand depression, feelings of uncertainty, etc. But, this is going to be our new normal and probably not the last covid-XX we see in our futures. I will be more than happy to “hid”, if it is the general consensus of the group. I just do not feel it is in any of our best interests. Enough said.

I have no problem at all putting things like what you've written above out in the open. It is true. Life has changed. This is life now. This is what we've got to deal with now and will have to continue to deal with for a long time, perhaps for the rest of our lives.

I still think that there will have to be a number of fairly significant changes put into effect to reduce the spread of this and other viruses. I find this aspect interesting ... I'm curious to see what changes will be adopted. Pre-pandemic life wasn't very good (as seen in the recent post I made about the flu) and I am thrilled that there may very well be increased and permanent encouragement to distance ourselves from each other and wash our hands!

But going forward there may be other changes. We may not be able to get our favourite foods from the grocery store. We may have to be adaptable in that regard. We may not be able to go to the restaurants we like as often as we used to go. We might need to become more "tech savvy".

And I figure that there is a chance things will shut down again ... maybe several times ... maybe every winter ... we don't know yet but it is something we might need to prepare ourselves for.

Life has changed.

However what was put into spoilers recently should, I think, be in spoilers as it was basically a speculative venting involving political blame regarding what could have been ... which really doesn't matter now. No government was going to handle things perfectly because no government has been faced with a pandemic before. Plus we're months past that point. We're in a new place now. We have to think about what changes there will need to be going forward not looking back.

Also, we have to be careful about not spreading misinformation. I've mentioned it before ... get your information from reputable sources and check anything that sounds a bit strange.

https://www.who.int/
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    https://www.snopes.com/
    https://www.snopes.com/?s=covid-19
    https://www.politifact.com/search/?q=covid-19

And the sites of your country's government and states, provinces, etc. within your country.

Remember too, that each of us may be in a slightly different situation.

Where I am, we haven't had a new case in about a month so they're encouraging us to wash our hands and distance, but we don't need to wear masks. But in other parts of the world, apparently masks are required.

Each of us needs to comply with the requirements in our own areas.

For me, this life-changing event is just one of several I've been through. We adapt.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Early winter weather in Tasmania ... although it is actually windier out there right now than what this indicates. We're getting some decent gusts along with several reasonably heavy showers.

a2o0bqkebi7r.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well I had husband use our new pair of clippers to the back of my head, and I did the top, sides and ears. What do y'all think? Its short! Its nice to step outta the shower, throw some "dipity do" like product, and not need to blow dry! The downside is that when I wake up its all sticking straight up! I have to wet it every morning!
    7s3natyey3x9.jpg
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Looks good!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: transplanted parsley, Stinky, 3 artichokes, 4 beit alpha cukes, 1 casaba, stuck 3 rose geranium leaves in soil.
    Bonus: Shadow to new groomer for nail trim, one load of laundry.
    Get to do: church, board meeting reminder, invest 10 mins cleaning Kitchen, carry over 30 mins cleaning Master Bath, 10 mins cleaning Dining Rm, Guest Bth find out how to amend firehouse articles of incorporation/contacts, mat work, BB&B, practice new dances (Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, bottle return, transplant pineapples, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; call stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s Stove to determine if finish cleaning and start de-rusting feasible; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.

C-19 responses
    Barbie ,Terri, Lisa, Heather, Karen, Tracey, SuziQ, thanks for all your thought-provoking comments, respectfully presented. My favorite ;) conspiracy theory so far has been that C-19 is the government’s way of getting rid of all those pesky, expensive, Boomers. :lol: Seriously, Tracey, Your experience with and comments on the mental health of those seniors are so compassionate and true. Personal choice, personal responsibility, hard to administer on a case-by-case basis, but that’s what it would take. My heart breaks for all those who were prevented from being with their loved ones as they were dying. Barbarous.

Karen in VA, I’m intrigued by those ovarian cancer tests. Haven’t had a pap smear in decades and a pelvic exam since 2017. Guess I’m just gonna have to find a female NP/woman’s healthcare provider, wouldn’t be comfy with young Dr. Patel investigating. :blush: Oh yes! to the corner cabinet with pullout shelves. Have been coveting since first seen on HGTV.
    Heather “never again” ditto. My last permanent (with a shag cut in the mid 70s) left me calling into work in tears wailing “I can’t come in!!!” :bawling: Sympathetic but needy boss said, please put a hat on and come in. We’ll let you out early to get it fixed. Never NEVER again.
    Tracey a very Happy Anniversary weekend to you and Rodger. Lovely new chairs!
    Machka C-19 changes
    about “It has seemed all right to go to work with a raging cold or flu…” in some of the places I worked, the culture required us to work with cold or flu, a Dr.’s note was required for all sick days. Anyone who stayed home “just for the flu” was not considered to be a contributing team member. This is one change I’m happy to see: If you’re sick stay home!!!
    Glad you succumbed to the magic sofa, think the restorative rest was both needed and deserved. About blood thinners,
    when I had my “lots o’ clots” and the ER doc told me I’d have to self-inject Warfarin I had a meltdown. Tearfully begged the ER nurse for an alternative, because if I had to self-inject or die, it was likely I’d die. Soon a different doctor appeared, and after a lengthy chat, admitted me to the hospital and let me know there was another drug I could take in pill form. At the time, I thought Doctor number 2 was sent in, and admitted me, to avoid a lawsuit as I’d been to the associated urgent care a week previous and their ultrasound found no clots. They sent me home with the “take 2 aspirins and call your provider” kind of advice. Problem was we’d just moved to town that past week and had no primary care provider. In retrospect, I now think the second doctor was sent in to give a psych evaluation because of my hysteria. Either way, he was a delight, I was in hospital 3 days, on Xarelto for six months, and really happy my new primary care provider let me get off it so I could go back to my nightly aspirin for aches and sleeping.
    Pics of Rhody and your outings make me smile, relax my breathing and slow my heart rate. Please keep ‘em coming!
    Katla glad you enjoyed your work party. Please send them here, the blackberries, thimbleberries, and salmonberries are winning ;)
    Rita :love: your resourcefulness!
    Barbie I made the mistake of buying a deep fryer last year to make apple cider donuts and fried chicken tenders. It’s going in the donation pile. Don’t need to be eating those things, and on those rare occasions when I will, my cast iron Dutch oven holds the heat better and uses less oil. Hmm. Maybe I need to buy a mini Dutch oven, just large enough to fry one donut… ;)
    Oh Carol,
    know you longed for those hugs, but so risky getting that close to children before there is a vaccine.
    Please take care!
    Kate well done!
    Amber sounds like an IP would be a big help to you, Heather says it turns itself down and doesn’t need watching… unlike JR ;)
    Allie Brava for getting Faith showered/cleaned up, know that isn’t easy. So sad to hear she fell again. Twice! Please try very hard to insist Jean get a hospital bed with rails and Hoyer lift. Surely the trustee would approve the expense.
    Michele good for you for insisting on the sunscreen. Vince wouldn’t like it if your skin was all cut up from removing skin cancers. I think your idea of the social distancing pics is hilarious, sure to bring smiles. Kinda like Machka’s social distancing service animal. :lol: My suncscreen (Garnier Ombrelle SPF 60) goes on as lotion but absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel greasy… at least to me ;)
    Julie hope the gradual opening eases your mood, and that you’ll try a different sidewalk café or at least a different waiter ;)
    Rebecca glad your son’s communicating better. Must ease your heart.
    Pip Whew, thanks!
    Welcome @ChrissyChickie in MD, of course you belong here. Welcome!
    Welcome @Loumarberts! Checking in on weekends you’ll find many MANY pages of posts. Just skim or you’ll get overwhelmed.
    Lisa a covered, screened patio seems like it would be a necessity, is it buggy where you are? Sounds like you know how to manage your unmanageable self ;) Well done! “… so hard I just saw my brain…” Truth.
    SuziQ C-19 spoilers
    Think we began putting C-19 comments in spoilers out of consideration for those who could not bear any more c-19 info. Several of those have stopped posting. I’m easy either way, but after reading Lanette’s post, will continue to use the spoiler. Thanks for the info that sneeze shields require face mask beneath. So much for that idea, thought the shield would be easier breathing in T’ai Chi.
    KJ Hooray for the grant! Fingers, toes and eyes Xd for the group childcare home application. Your community’s parents need you! Thought the same about nesting those pots, but had to go back and look at the pot lid handles. Quite tall, do you think that was to distance hands from heat? Don’t have Netflix but will look for Crip Camp on Spectrum Demand or Amazon Video.
    Barbie Good compromises and happy endings. :love: your story of Jake enjoying his new toy, and sharing that joy with his DD.

Rats, just realized the Post Office Box Lobby is closed today (to prevent the homeless from sleeping over) so I can’t pick up Joe’s birthday toy (a survival pen with fire starter kit, compass, cordage, glass breaker, whistle, wrench, “fishing tool”, and bottle opener), Last month, he got Broadbent’s bacon and a picnic table for his Birthday gifts. He’s asked I no longer get him cards, “they don’t mean that much to me.” So now there’s nothing on hand for his birthday morning. Might have to pull up my big girl panties and bake or cook him something. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=3372 vits=12.5 log=13 CI<CO=11 CI<250<CO=8 Tumble & Shadow 5=4 mfp=13 clean 10 mins=4 outside=6 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=4 rx=2 dance=2
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=7 play=0 sew=0