What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Two things:
    • Honey Island Swamp Tour = a fun day on a boat.
    • I still can't figure out what my one cat might be allergic to. Her stomach is all red and splotchy and she keeps messing with her nipples and making them bleed (yuck). We moved to a dust-free (or as close as we can get to it) litter, which helped, but it seems like she's still being bothered on her stomach at times.. and her ears. No fleas, mites or other notable parasites. She still eats and drinks and is otherwise okay. Mostly eats wet food. I try to keep dry food grain-free to see if that might help, but maybe I haven't landed on the right one yet? Or maybe it's the litter still? I just.. ugh. I know if I take her to a vet, a vet is only going to tell me the things I've already been trying. I just want her to not be itchy and comfortable. I want to eliminate all possibilities before I take her to the vet (all three of my cats are terrible at the vets (think a cat squeeze box and sedatives type bad)... so yeah, if I can avoid putting that stress on them, I'd like to.

I'm just frustrated with this puzzle.

Could be things like laundry detergent or fabric softeners too, assuming she sleeps on beds and such. Is her stomach white?

She's a mottled kitty with mottled skin tones, so no. She has pink patches and mid-grey patches (much like her fur pattern). I've just noticed over the last month that she has splotches that kinda look like rashes and of course, the scabby bits where she keeps licking. Thankfully, she's no longer bald in those areas, so it *is* getting better, but isn't fixed.

Alot of animals with allergies get yeast infections on their skin. If you notice she kinda smells funny that might be part of the problem. You can get chlorahexadine at a pharmacy (in the wound care section) or off Amazon, it's worked well for fungus for my pets. Vets use us as a surgical scrub and it's usually the active ingredient in medicated shampoos for skin infections.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    • Honey Island Swamp Tour = a fun day on a boat.
    • I still can't figure out what my one cat might be allergic to. Her stomach is all red and splotchy and she keeps messing with her nipples and making them bleed (yuck). We moved to a dust-free (or as close as we can get to it) litter, which helped, but it seems like she's still being bothered on her stomach at times.. and her ears. No fleas, mites or other notable parasites. She still eats and drinks and is otherwise okay. Mostly eats wet food. I try to keep dry food grain-free to see if that might help, but maybe I haven't landed on the right one yet? Or maybe it's the litter still? I just.. ugh. I know if I take her to a vet, a vet is only going to tell me the things I've already been trying. I just want her to not be itchy and comfortable. I want to eliminate all possibilities before I take her to the vet (all three of my cats are terrible at the vets (think a cat squeeze box and sedatives type bad)... so yeah, if I can avoid putting that stress on them, I'd like to.

I'm just frustrated with this puzzle.

Could be things like laundry detergent or fabric softeners too, assuming she sleeps on beds and such. Is her stomach white?

She's a mottled kitty with mottled skin tones, so no. She has pink patches and mid-grey patches (much like her fur pattern). I've just noticed over the last month that she has splotches that kinda look like rashes and of course, the scabby bits where she keeps licking. Thankfully, she's no longer bald in those areas, so it *is* getting better, but isn't fixed.

Alot of animals with allergies get yeast infections on their skin. If you notice she kinda smells funny that might be part of the problem. You can get chlorahexadine at a pharmacy (in the wound care section) or off Amazon, it's worked well for fungus for my pets. Vets use us as a surgical scrub and it's usually the active ingredient in medicated shampoos for skin infections.

I put some in my cart from Amazon. Seems like they're good to have around as part of a pet first aid kit, anyway. Thank you for the suggestion! <3
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    People can be married with kids and still have googly heart eyes for their highschool crush...

What in the world...
    sqbrurhun28r.gif

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    People can be married with kids and still have googly heart eyes for their highschool crush...

What in the world...
    sqbrurhun28r.gif

Well, true...but I'd question the why
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

What in the world...
    sqbrurhun28r.gif

Well, true...but I'd question the why

Why and how?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

Update.. my dad's best mate Benny passed away this morning, dad never got to see him again.😔 He just went downhill from the day they shoved him in there. RIP Benny.

I’m so sorry to hear this, Jo. 😞
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

Update.. my dad's best mate Benny passed away this morning, dad never got to see him again.😔 He just went downhill from the day they shoved him in there. RIP Benny.

I’m so sorry to hear this, Jo. 😞

Thanks PD.. it's a sad day.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear Jo
    Condolences to you and your dad
    I wish you both peace, in your sad times💜
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Sorry to hear Jo
    Condolences to you and your dad
    I wish you both peace, in your sad times💜
    Thank you K 😔

IslandGal3 wrote: »

😔 I'm so sorry Jo. Sending love, and prayers to you, and your dad.

Thank you Jenni.. I appreciate that. 🙂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I'm so very very sorry. :(
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I'm so very very sorry. :(

Thank you so much .. 😔
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I got to read the resurrected 2016 thread about failed marriages and sex toys before it got deleted. What a delight.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I got to read the resurrected 2016 thread about failed marriages and sex toys before it got deleted. What a delight.

Sounds like I missed an epic
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

It was classic MFP gold. They always delete the good threads :disappointed:
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

Aawww, here I go missing the good stuff. Recap?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

tentacles
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

tentacles

Pic? 😳 because my imagination may get carried away here
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options

There are forums for that if that's your jam B)