5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    TinaJija wrote: »
    i4zir2ol3eji.jpg

Me at my heaviest on the right 82kgs on the left me today at around 56kgs. That's about a 26kg weight loss. I initially lost 20kgs then gained 10kgs back then lost a further 15kgs. It has taken several years to get to this point. I am now in a good place mentally and emotionally with a good support system so I know I will not gain all the weight back again. I'm now currently doing a bulk trying to gain weight and build muscle. You all look great and have done a fantastic job!

I have found the inspiration I was looking for , Well done for the great work, we are close in height and I was 82kg at my heaviest-I lost 9kg so far and I want to get to 50kg- may I ask if you have any loose skin anywhere and how to tone your arms and inner thighs cos that’s where I have most fat.

I have a little bit of loose skin around my lower belly which I'm hoping will tone up as I progress..it is a lot better than what it was. Arms I do a lot of upper body exercises...at home I've done a lot of pushups and pull ups exercises. While at the gym I do bench presses over head press and chest presses with both the barbell and and dumbbells plus cable rows and lat pulldowns. At home workouts have included a lot of lunges for lower body while at the gym includes leg press deadlift with the barbell and Backsquats. My lower body is my problem area and still needs some work. You got this chickie!
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    edited June 2020
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Hey everyone. Firstly, you all are doing an amazing job!

I am 5'1" so tiny 😊
    My story - in the left hand picture I'm probably around 140lbs at a guess but I didnt start my journey til I was 135lbs.
    On the right hand picture, that I took yesterday, I am 108lbs. Currently I am in maintenance and have been recomping since last October when I hit my GW of 112lbs.
    When I was losing I ate 1200-1300 calories and didn't pay much attention to macros. Nor did I follow any kind of structured workout routine.
    These days my maintenance calories are 1460 at rest, but I lift progressively 4x a week and walk around 5 miles a day so usually get to eat around 1600-1700. Currently in the best shape of my life and only want to get better 😊

You look flipping amazing! Your abdominal area is an inspiring goal for me. I'm near my UGW but I plan on focusing on my abdominal area and muscle gains in my arms/legs after I reach it.

I'm 5' and CW 110.8 today.
    UGW: 110

What are your current goals for macros for at rest days and days you workout?
  • syreina
    edited June 2020
    @DianaDJ7 I agree! I'm always happy to see fellow petite woman working towards their goals!!!

Have you tried 1400 or 1500? And have you tried incorporating more working out, i.e. walking, jogging, running, strength training?

It has definitely been quite a journey. I started my weight loss journey (for the third time) in April 2017 at 147 lbs. I'm finally near the UGW of 110 lbs. I'm 31.

My stomach leaves some more work to be desired but the area looks better than before. Hoping to post progress pics in July.
  • deannacj85
    deannacj85 Posts: 4 Member
    Following! I'm 5'2 and I was up to 167. My goal weight is 140-145 by September. I will post pictures when I have a before and after!!
  • Following. I'm 5'2" and starting again! Feel free to add me
  • joyneville253
    joyneville253 Posts: 59 Member
    Hey ladies💕 joy neville lost 135 lbs eating healthy! Im 5ft tall currently 140 lbs. Just sharing my story💕

5'1 to be exact😘
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Hey everyone. Firstly, you all are doing an amazing job!

I am 5'1" so tiny 😊
    My story - in the left hand picture I'm probably around 140lbs at a guess but I didnt start my journey til I was 135lbs.
    On the right hand picture, that I took yesterday, I am 108lbs. Currently I am in maintenance and have been recomping since last October when I hit my GW of 112lbs.
    When I was losing I ate 1200-1300 calories and didn't pay much attention to macros. Nor did I follow any kind of structured workout routine.
    These days my maintenance calories are 1460 at rest, but I lift progressively 4x a week and walk around 5 miles a day so usually get to eat around 1600-1700. Currently in the best shape of my life and only want to get better 😊

You look flipping amazing! Your abdominal area is an inspiring goal for me. I'm near my UGW but I plan on focusing on my abdominal area and muscle gains in my arms/legs after I reach it.

I'm 5' and CW 110.8 today.
    UGW: 110

What are your current goals for macros for at rest days and days you workout?

Thank you so much, you are very kind! You are so close to your goal, that's so exciting :smile:

I never really thought I would have abs - they are a happy side effect of progressive compound lifts :smiley:

My macros are currently C 40% P 30% F 30% for workout days. Rest days tend to be C 30% P 35% F 35%. This balance works really well for keeping me satiated, whilst maintaining the power to workout. Although on days where I want to work on my cardio goals, e.g. I am trying to get my 10k time under an hour, I will bump up carbs to 50% or I burn out.
  • syreina
    @ghudson92 Thank you so much for this insight!!! It is really helpful to me so I can try focusing more on my macros once I reach the goal.

If I could bother you again... How did you start off with progressive compound lifts? Any particular program?

From what I can gather from Google, you start with lower weights then higher weights?

When I work on strength training, I can use 3 lb weights comfortably and 5 lbs are do-able while difficult. We have a bench (no incline) at home so I do love working on my arms with bench dips, bench presses, chest fly, curls, etc.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited June 2020
    syreina wrote: »
    @ghudson92 Thank you so much for this insight!!! It is really helpful to me so I can try focusing more on my macros once I reach the goal.

If I could bother you again... How did you start off with progressive compound lifts? Any particular program?

From what I can gather from Google, you start with lower weights then higher weights?

When I work on strength training, I can use 3 lb weights comfortably and 5 lbs are do-able while difficult. We have a bench (no incline) at home so I do love working on my arms with bench dips, bench presses, chest fly, curls, etc.

Its not a bother at all, I'm happy to help, and you can send me a FR if you like 😊

I used stronglifts to get me going which is a 5x5 progressive lifting programme. The app is free on both android and ios and has breakdowns of how to perform each lift.
  • Heatherjeanstell
    Heatherjeanstell Posts: 1 Member
    Love this thread, I am 5'1 and 147pound, goal 135pound.
    I workout 6 times a week and incorporating walking from today.
    Any eating tips would be appreciated
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!