Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• Jin_tanJin_tan Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    Hi guys! Between 5’0-5’2 so how many cals do u consume per day? And do u had cheat days??
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 554 Member Member Posts: 554 Member
    Lottie_x37 wrote: »
    Im 5’3 and my start weight was 145lbs, I got down to 108lbs but it didn’t look healthy so I gained a bit and now im 120lbs, it took me 6 months💕

These are pretty much my exact stats now!!! However I was not planning to gain til the gyms open back up.
  • syreinasyreina Member Posts: 354 Member Member Posts: 354 Member
    I was more hopeful...

New timeframe of June/July because my weight went up then I got a new scale and it went up even more.

Oh well, progress in time.

CW: 117.6
    syreina wrote: »
    I'm hoping to post progress pics in May!

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147.4 lbs - November 2017

CW: 113.8
    GW: 110
    Height: 5 ft

Once I started to see some definition in my arms and stomach (two lines lol), I was hooked. I want more muscle so like @beautyonthebeach83 once I get down to 110 lbs the plan is to gain 5 lbs of muscle and keep evaluating from there.

(Many thanks to my husband for the great idea. <3 )

• tapwaterstapwaters Member Posts: 389 Member Member Posts: 389 Member
    alkight84 wrote: »
    tapwaters wrote: »
    hc5g70w1bgvo.png
    m3qk81zw7iua.jpg
    5'3, starting at 250 down to 125.

You are goals!! I am 230 and 5’2. What did you do??

Tracked every day and kept with it! It took almost two years, truly, and I still struggle with maintenance but a good support system and healthy habits to mirror is immeasurably valuable. Patience and endurance. You've got this.
    edited June 9
  • danismom3000danismom3000 Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    xcc670 wrote: »
    Hello, thanks for starting this discussion. I am 5'2" and currently 183, down from 203. It really is a struggle. I have to be really strict with food. I am open to any tips anyone may have. I try to eat 1200 calories per day but I find that when I exercise a lot I get really hungry. My theory is that it is all about calories, but I need quality and "clean" foods. I am following a book called "Always Hungry" by Dr. Ludwig. I like his ideas because he promotes healthy and balanced eating, cutting carbs. I have to eat way less than the book starting point advice. My daily goals are approximately: carbs<100g, fat = 50g, protein = 100g. I exercise six days a week and I am still trying to tune my exercise habits. Dori

You should be able to eat more on days that you work out. My current goal is carbs<100g. too.
  • JustaJoe00JustaJoe00 Member Posts: 750 Member Member Posts: 750 Member
    Short women, Rock! you all look great!!
  • sugarnspice0613sugarnspice0613 Member Posts: 109 Member Member Posts: 109 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    It's really nice to see what people look like who are roughly my height - at different weights. I'm 5'3" and am about halfway to goal, but I might be less than halfway to goal because I'm still figuring out what goal weight actually will be. I started at 245 and am at 195.5 now. I think my goal weight is going to end up being around 140 because I want room for some extra muscle.

You can visit www.mybodygallery.com and actually input a height/size/weight/body shape to see what other people look like compared to you. I love it!
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 204 Member Member Posts: 204 Member

You can visit www.mybodygallery.com and actually input a height/size/weight/body shape to see what other people look like compared to you. I love it!

Good idea! I'll have to check that out.
  • babyluthibabyluthi Member Posts: 262 Member Member Posts: 262 Member
  • dhiammarathdhiammarath Member, Premium Posts: 801 Member Member, Premium Posts: 801 Member
    I've tried that site out... and I always get:
    "You are truly unique
    Be the first to upload a photo with your body type and be mentor to those like you."

It is a cool site, tho.
  • Anveer11Anveer11 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing stories on here, well done to everyone!! 👏🏽
    edited June 13
  • shabanabibi1986shabanabibi1986 Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    i4zir2ol3eji.jpg

Me at my heaviest on the right 82kgs on the left me today at around 56kgs. That's about a 26kg weight loss. I initially lost 20kgs then gained 10kgs back then lost a further 15kgs. It has taken several years to get to this point. I am now in a good place mentally and emotionally with a good support system so I know I will not gain all the weight back again. I'm now currently doing a bulk trying to gain weight and build muscle. You all look great and have done a fantastic job!

What's ur height?
  • sheena_shewellsheena_shewell Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    i4zir2ol3eji.jpg

Me at my heaviest on the right 82kgs on the left me today at around 56kgs. That's about a 26kg weight loss. I initially lost 20kgs then gained 10kgs back then lost a further 15kgs. It has taken several years to get to this point. I am now in a good place mentally and emotionally with a good support system so I know I will not gain all the weight back again. I'm now currently doing a bulk trying to gain weight and build muscle. You all look great and have done a fantastic job!

What's ur height?

Hi sorry I forgot to say! I'm only 5 foot 1 and a half
  • shabanabibi1986shabanabibi1986 Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    i4zir2ol3eji.jpg

What's ur height?

Hi sorry I forgot to say! I'm only 5 foot 1 and a half

Thanks. U look great btw.