Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 2,062 Member Member Posts: 2,062 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    @ghudson92 Thank you so much for this insight!!! It is really helpful to me so I can try focusing more on my macros once I reach the goal.

If I could bother you again... How did you start off with progressive compound lifts? Any particular program?

From what I can gather from Google, you start with lower weights then higher weights?

When I work on strength training, I can use 3 lb weights comfortably and 5 lbs are do-able while difficult. We have a bench (no incline) at home so I do love working on my arms with bench dips, bench presses, chest fly, curls, etc.

Its not a bother at all, I'm happy to help, and you can send me a FR if you like 😊

I used stronglifts to get me going which is a 5x5 progressive lifting programme. The app is free on both android and ios and has breakdowns of how to perform each lift.
    edited June 2020
  • davidheather7376davidheather7376 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Love this thread, I am 5'1 and 147pound, goal 135pound.
    I workout 6 times a week and incorporating walking from today.
    Any eating tips would be appreciated
  • harmanee2000harmanee2000 Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member Member, Premium Posts: 41 Member
    love this thread!!! i'm 5'2". Currently 154 pounds. Goal weight for me is 140. years ago i lost 150 pounds with diet and exercise. But i've gained some of it back. My goal is to eventually start back with heavy lifts once I get close to goal.
  • goingapegoingape Member Posts: 397 Member Member Posts: 397 Member
    @syreina congrats on your success!! Incredibly inspiring!!
  • amchaudhrymfpamchaudhrymfp Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    I’m 5’3 and started at 225lbs and am at 130lbs now. I’d like to get to about 125lbs.

WOW WOW WOW.... Incredible.... how you shred these all pounds off? what was your diet and workout plans? Can we talk please as I am on a similar journey with similar starting physique?
  • syreinasyreina Member Posts: 441 Member Member Posts: 441 Member
    goingape wrote: »
    @syreina congrats on your success!! Incredibly inspiring!!

Thank you! It's so surreal!
  • jenkspafjenkspaf Member, Premium Posts: 42 Member Member, Premium Posts: 42 Member
    So happy to have found this thread! I'm 5'2" about 160 (need to step on scale but have been afraid). I'm hoping to get to 125. I've been there before! I feel like since we are smaller we just don't NEED as many calories - and I often feel like that's unfair. I love sugar and that is definitely the hardest thing for me to give up. So I try to moderate. I'm interested in knowing if any of you has been able to take the weight off and keep it off for a year or more?
  • tecat810tecat810 Member Posts: 1,828 Member Member Posts: 1,828 Member
    @jenkspaf
    I'm 5'3 and started at 179 two years ago and was at 137 prequarantine. Gained 6 pounds during that time after maintaining for almost a year. So now I'm working at getting back there and know it can be done!

My workouts are great and my nutrition needs to be tightened up. So I'm at 1200-1300 calories per day because like you said, don't need them but want them! I find the most success when working on keeping my protein up and my fat down!