Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

123457»

Replies

• ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 1,934 Member Member Posts: 1,934 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    @ghudson92 Thank you so much for this insight!!! It is really helpful to me so I can try focusing more on my macros once I reach the goal.

If I could bother you again... How did you start off with progressive compound lifts? Any particular program?

From what I can gather from Google, you start with lower weights then higher weights?

When I work on strength training, I can use 3 lb weights comfortably and 5 lbs are do-able while difficult. We have a bench (no incline) at home so I do love working on my arms with bench dips, bench presses, chest fly, curls, etc.

Its not a bother at all, I'm happy to help, and you can send me a FR if you like 😊

I used stronglifts to get me going which is a 5x5 progressive lifting programme. The app is free on both android and ios and has breakdowns of how to perform each lift.
    edited June 30
  • davidheather7376davidheather7376 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Love this thread, I am 5'1 and 147pound, goal 135pound.
    I workout 6 times a week and incorporating walking from today.
    Any eating tips would be appreciated
  • ghudson92ghudson92 Member Posts: 1,934 Member Member Posts: 1,934 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    @ghudson92 Thank you so much for this insight!!! It is really helpful to me so I can try focusing more on my macros once I reach the goal.

If I could bother you again... How did you start off with progressive compound lifts? Any particular program?

From what I can gather from Google, you start with lower weights then higher weights?

When I work on strength training, I can use 3 lb weights comfortably and 5 lbs are do-able while difficult. We have a bench (no incline) at home so I do love working on my arms with bench dips, bench presses, chest fly, curls, etc.

@syreina Sorry I just realised I didn't answer all of your questions. Yes the idea is to slowly increase either volume of weight or reps, ergo progressively increasing your strength. It's a good idea to do this slowly so as to avoid injury - so don't randomly add 5kg one week because you'll likely injure yourself! Best of luck with your goals and feel free to ask any more questions if you have them 😊
  • harmanee2000harmanee2000 Member Posts: 41 Member Member Posts: 41 Member
    love this thread!!! i'm 5'2". Currently 154 pounds. Goal weight for me is 140. years ago i lost 150 pounds with diet and exercise. But i've gained some of it back. My goal is to eventually start back with heavy lifts once I get close to goal.
  • miriams76miriams76 Member Posts: 123 Member Member Posts: 123 Member
    Hi, I'm 5'3 (and a half) and restarted a weightloss journey just over seven weeks ago. I've gone from 158.2lbs to 143.5lbs. My goal is about 120-125lbs. I have gone back to what worked for me before - Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and fasting. This time I am vlogging it to keep myself accountable because I tended to start the program again and only end up doing two or three of the workouts each week.

*Edited by a MFP moderator

f39cabaoavwc.jpg
    831xdm58abmn.jpg
    te5jtbjhui45.jpg

edited June 30