Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 754 Member Member Posts: 754 Member
    merenre wrote: »
    ... hoping for inspiration and a few hints on how to work out at home....

You might want to check out the beginners and low impact videos at Bodyfit by Amy. She has some great programmes for people who are just starting/lacking in mobility. And she is so encouraging.

• remoore23remoore23 Member Posts: 63 Member Member Posts: 63 Member
    syreina wrote: »
    remoore23 wrote: »
    I'm 4'11.75". My current weight is 168... My goal is 120. I wonder if 110 is possible. I guess it's my fantasy weight rather than my goal weight :smile: I'm glad to find this thread. Losing weight has always been hard for me. Hoping to do it this time sloooowly and gradually.

Hope this helps...here's my 2 year and 8 month journey:

SW: 147.4 GW: 115 UGW: 110 CW: 109.2

Overall Loss from Nov 2017 to July 2020: 38.2 lbs

Shirt Size: XL to XS
    Bra: 36DD to 32D
    Jean Size: 14 to 4

Progress Pics: https://imgur.com/a/A0oSl79

Weight Graph: imgur.com/a/yTedqZn

What's next? Maintenance, muscle gain and toning my stomach.

Thanks for your story Syreina, it's good to know another shortie was able to get down to (below) 110. Good job for sticking with it for two years and doing it the healthy. gradual way! That is what I'm trying to do too.
  • rayan256rayan256 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    You all look great!
  • tnh2otnh2o Member Posts: 109 Member Member Posts: 109 Member
    @MiaBella444 I also a have thyroid issue and arthritis. I've taken yoga classes before - I'm really not very good at it - and now I use Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga DVD's She uses a chair to do planks and downward and upward facing dog I just do what I can do. My big deal is range of motion. It's so important as we age and just about anybody can get improvement in that area. It makes daily life so much easier.
  • Debster634Debster634 Member Posts: 54 Member Member Posts: 54 Member
    etolv I am trying to do the same thing...get out of the obese range, to overweight, then to normal, probably around 130. You've done well.
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 526 Member Member Posts: 526 Member
    babyluthi wrote: »
    I don't know...Does mfp cater to us shorties? Does the minimum 1200 calories really apply to us?
    In the same way as someone who is medium height or tall?
    Please tell us your thoughts😊

Not sure. I think you can adjust the amount of calories for your goal. Im sure a mans is different. I researched slimFast, Nutrisystem and Keto diets before coming here just to food diary my calories and all of them allow for males needing more but I never saw difference in calorie amounts based on height.

Since calorie burn is related most directly to weight, I don't think height has much to do with it. Muscle burns a little more fat than fat does, so that's a factor, but for what its' worth my calorie burn has been fairly predictable based on my weight. I'm 5'3".
  • stphwardstphward Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    5’1, 38yo and currently the heaviest I’ve ever been at 192 😱 Ideally I’d like to be around the 130 mark

This is/was me!