5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    widemajm wrote: »
    xcc670 wrote: »
    Hello, thanks for starting this discussion. I am 5'2" and currently 183, down from 203. It really is a struggle. I have to be really strict with food. I am open to any tips anyone may have. I try to eat 1200 calories per day but I find that when I exercise a lot I get really hungry. My theory is that it is all about calories, but I need quality and "clean" foods. I am following a book called "Always Hungry" by Dr. Ludwig. I like his ideas because he promotes healthy and balanced eating, cutting carbs. I have to eat way less than the book starting point advice. My daily goals are approximately: carbs<100g, fat = 50g, protein = 100g. I exercise six days a week and I am still trying to tune my exercise habits. Dori

Have you tried focusing on your protein? I did that and it really changed things for me. I'm 5'3" started around 198 and I'm down to 175 right now...I have a goal of 155-160. I also didn't start my calorie goal so strict. I gave myself 1800 calories and when I was able to consistently stay below that without too much trouble I slowly reduced my calorie intake. I recently changed it to 1600. I normally take anywhere between 1200-1500 depending on the day. I work out 5 days a week so I am hungrier some days. I also give myself one cheat day a week. Typically it's on my weigh day. But those things have helped me and this is the first time I'm seeing major success since I've been married.

Do you eat your exercise calories back?
  • MJAG34
    MJAG34 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2020
    Me too! :smile: Whoops! This was a response to someone else's. I'm still getting used to this forum. New here! Really looking forward to sharing and inspiring with each other.
  • jeannep54
    jeannep54 Posts: 2 Member
    Brittgreen. I just love that you are in the exact same clothes. That really helps "seeing" the obvious weight loss. Congratulations. You look great!
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    veggiepat wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for the wonderful inspiration! You all are amazing! I am 62 years young, and 5'0" and weight right now at 197. I have lost 6 pounds so far since being on MVP in 3 weeks. I am so excited! I had lost over 20 pounds on a low sodium diet when I had a congestive heart failure attack in November. And then my weight stalled. Now I eat more protein, drink lots of water and getting at least 10,000 steps in a day. We all got this! Way to go everyone! The pics show my highest weight, with my husband, right before I had my congestive heart failure attack, and the weight I am now. I am so glad to be here!

Keep up the good work, you too got this! Best of luck! :)
    I don't know you IRL, but I'm glad you're here too, taking care of your health. :)
  • LisaGCone
    LisaGCone Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm 57 yo, highest weight was 178, cw 157, gw 120. I'm eating Keto woe and am more successful now than ever before. I recommend it for everyone.
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    Great job @LisaGCone! And thank you so much @GummiMundi! You are awesome! Here's to a great Wednesday! <3
  • RD2021
    RD2021 Posts: 1 Member
    I am on MFP to drop an unfortunate 20 lbs I’ve gained over the past 3 years or so. (Well, it was 43 but I’m down 23 since getting back on MFP.) I stopped working out after motherhood and did a lot of take out, plus stress, life etc. I just didn’t make myself a priority. 🤦🏻‍♀️ BUT I have an old transformation to share to motivate myself and it’s helpful for me to know that I’ve done it before and can do it again. I dropped 90 lbs in 2004. I actually found that I didn’t like being that tiny (100 lbs) because I lost my curves, and I love my curves! So I put on some weight again and then just toned it up. I’m 5 ft tall. In this last after pic in the white/red dress I’m actually 130 lbs, but I had muscle and curves. THAT is my goal size/weight. 😊
    br6pcyevm4o4.png

I’m 4’11” and 165 pounds. I haven’t been exercising, but have not lost weight with 1200 cals. Should I take in 1000 cals? How many calories have you been taking in and what forms of exercise, if any, do you engage in? How long did it take to lose 40 pounds (my goal)?

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    RD2021 wrote: »
    I am on MFP to drop an unfortunate 20 lbs I’ve gained over the past 3 years or so. (Well, it was 43 but I’m down 23 since getting back on MFP.) I stopped working out after motherhood and did a lot of take out, plus stress, life etc. I just didn’t make myself a priority. 🤦🏻‍♀️ BUT I have an old transformation to share to motivate myself and it’s helpful for me to know that I’ve done it before and can do it again. I dropped 90 lbs in 2004. I actually found that I didn’t like being that tiny (100 lbs) because I lost my curves, and I love my curves! So I put on some weight again and then just toned it up. I’m 5 ft tall. In this last after pic in the white/red dress I’m actually 130 lbs, but I had muscle and curves. THAT is my goal size/weight. 😊
    br6pcyevm4o4.png

I’m 4’11” and 165 pounds. I haven’t been exercising, but have not lost weight with 1200 cals. Should I take in 1000 cals? How many calories have you been taking in and what forms of exercise, if any, do you engage in? How long did it take to lose 40 pounds (my goal)?

The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200 calories a day.
    Are you using a food scale and logging everything that you eat?
    40 lbs healthy weight loss would be 1 lb a week til you reach 20 lbs to lose then drop your weight loss to .5 lbs a week.
  • dawson4027
    dawson4027 Posts: 3 Member
    Wowww
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited September 2020
    kate_owens wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    7tpv7y9ufhsp.jpg

Hey everyone. Firstly, you all are doing an amazing job!

I am 5'1" so tiny 😊
    My story - in the left hand picture I'm probably around 140lbs at a guess but I didnt start my journey til I was 135lbs.
    On the right hand picture, that I took yesterday, I am 108lbs. Currently I am in maintenance and have been recomping since last October when I hit my GW of 112lbs.
    When I was losing I ate 1200-1300 calories and didn't pay much attention to macros. Nor did I follow any kind of structured workout routine.
    These days my maintenance calories are 1460 at rest, but I lift progressively 4x a week and walk around 5 miles a day so usually get to eat around 1600-1700. Currently in the best shape of my life and only want to get better 😊

Amazing!! How long did it take you?

Hey - sorry for the late reply, I took a break from mfp! It took 18 months to get to goal weight and then 7 months of recomp to get to the point I was in the more recent picture
  • MarissaJean04
    MarissaJean04 Posts: 21 Member
    bump :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!