WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    one thing we didn't do was any repainting. majority of the people won't like whatever color you give it anyway.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka - hope the surgery goes very well and has wonderful results for you.

Katla - glad your procedure went well.

Pip - love the house - many good wishes for a great sale.

Can't believe it's the end of June already. I've done well on my goals, which makes me happy, but I'll write those up tomorrow as we move to the July thread. Not looking forward to July 4, it gets a little nutty around here, and will be even worse with the actual day on a Saturday... but at least the crackhead neighbors that started blowing off fireworks before during and after the 4th are gone. That will help. Honestly wondering why they haven't moved anyone else in, but grateful for the respite for the last six weeks or so. Most of the trash was removed, and the owners are mowing every two weeks, so that's ten times better than the renters.

Lots to do - exercise is done, always makes me feel virtuous and semi-smug. Now to see to getting all the plants a drink of water and then mow this morning. Maybe trimming if there's any energy left, but it can wait until tomorrow... Heat advisory - they're saying that the afternoon high is going to be 92, (33.3C) but will feel like 105 (40.5C) degrees. Once it gets past about 95, it's kind of a moot point. It's hot, go inside. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) No fireworks last night so Bessie and I slept better.

:)Pip, your beautiful house photos remind me of the last time we sold a house in 2011 and how much effort it required to keep the house clean and tidy so it could be shown. Your house is so charming that it probably won't be long until someone falls in love with it.

:) I have neglected my dailyish dancing and have finally gotten on track again this week. I had to analyze what was stopping me and make a plan. Part of it is that it makes noise and I worried about it bothering Jake and the other part is that I have to change shoes. It was always easier to get back on the exercise bike instead.

:)Allie,
    867450smkwcfc87r.gif
  • pipcd34
    edited June 2020
    Options
    kirby and i took a bet 2c how much we would end up getting for it. i had a number in my mind so when i asked him, he said the exact same number!!, we've been doing that alot lately. like how much to sell something for or reduce the price for something, we think the same number. crazy.....

if i remember correctly, i think she said she was going to list it for 285 my (and his initial guess) was thinking it will sell for 310 we'll c.

the realtor was saying that she expects multiple offers for this. she had a friend do 13 showings in one day and 8 the next... that's crazy. we will have to be dealing with making sure that yogi is gone before they come over, that's gonna b tricky.

i don't know if i said it already, but kirby gave his notice, his last day will be 8/1. i haven't officially gave mine yet.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Pip - Beautiful house, I hope you get top dollar for it.

Allie - Happy Birthday!

Heather - I was raised to use sage and onion in my poultry stuffing as well. I have English roots so that could be it.

Lisa - Enjoy the reprieve from crappy neighbours.

I am at work very early this morning, Rodger has to go for blood work and needed the car. He had been waiting for this appointment for quite some time.

Tomorrow is Canada Day, I saw a cute video on facebook I'm going to try to share, hopefully it works. Anyway, tomorrow Lauryn and the kids are going to come out and do some crafting and hanging out. There are no activities scheduled by the city to participate in.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    Pip - Your house has great charm. :D Are you sad to leave it? Was the plan to buy a small apartment and ride around with the airstream? :flowerforyou:
    The day we got engaged (in Paris) was the same day we decided to give up work at Christmas. We got married in between, but couldn't live together straight away because we worked in different places. Huge lifestyle change. Best thing we ever did. We spent Christmas in Morocco and then spent six weeks in Australia visiting DH's brother. For a while people thought we were on perpetual exotic holidays. :D I had breast cancer in the middle of all that, but we soon got back to our holidays. Now we are extremely happy where we are in Hove. This autumn coming we will have been married 16 years. Amazing!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers

Happy Birthday for this y next months folks

Amber Tx

Today exercising y eating within calories.

Returning family phone calls my voicemails full up
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    kirby and i took a bet 2c how much we would end up getting for it. i had a number in my mind so when i asked him, he said the exact same number!!, we've been doing that alot lately. like how much to sell something for or reduce the price for something, we think the same number. crazy.....

if i remember correctly, i think she said she was going to list it for 285 my (and his initial guess) was thinking it will sell for 310 we'll c.

the realtor was saying that she expects multiple offers for this. she had a friend do 13 showings in one day and 8 the next... that's crazy. we will have to be dealing with making sure that yogi is gone before they come over, that's gonna b tricky.

i don't know if i said it already, but kirby gave his notice, his last day will be 8/1. i haven't officially gave mine yet.

We got lucky when we sold ours. I too was not looking forward to loading up all the dog paraphernalia and the dog to leave each time we had a showing. It ended up being one LONG day of back to back showings with all 6 people that looked putting in an offer. One lady came with her realtor, came back with her Mom and then came with her husband. They are the ones who we chose to buy it. So, Sam and I ended up being in the truck all day (from 9 AM to almost 7 PM). We finally parked at the end of our cul-de-sac and neighbors came and visited and brought food :smiley: . It was a long day, but well worth it to not have to do it day after day.

Okie

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did an extreme cardio DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Calorie Killer Circuit DVD.

Pip
    – lovely home. I’m sure it’ll sell quickly. I know when we got ready to sell our house, we made so many upgrades that I’d wanted to make but never got to so that I no longer wanted to move…lol Did the lady do anything special to the floors so that there aren’t water spots from the dogs?

I am so glad that I have so many DVD’s. I really don’t like going to uTube for a workout if I can avoid it. Not like I always can. So grateful that I have so many DVD’s. Wish, tho, that I’d downloaded more of the Body Pump DVD’s when I had the chance. But at least I have a few.

Allie
    – happy birthday

Allison – welcome! You are more than welcome to join in any time the feeling strikes you

Boy, is that meringue very sticky. I couldn’t understand why the decorator thing that I have wouldn’t go down. Then I washed it and it worked fine. Who knew? They're in the oven right now

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Tucker is a cute pup. :smiley:

Allie: Happy Birthday!!! :star:

Kim: I’m happy that your embroidery business is bringing in income. Yay! :flowerforyou: The camp management group is clearly underperforming. I think many people fell off the turnip truck when the CoVID virus hit the world. Their brains were shut down by fear and panic. I hope the camp management group reopens their empty heads soon and puts some decent ideas in them. :grumble:

Pip: Your house is so cute that I think it will be snapped up quickly, and there may be bidding wars. Wishing you best luck. :heart: When we were getting ready to move here we had a huge garage sale. We stapled a for sale sign on the garage and sold the house at the garage sale, along with all sorts of stuff we didn’t want to keep. The buyer wanted the house badly and we got a great price. Her brother-in-law and his family were getting ready to move in with them. She was motivated to have them in a house separate from hers to keep her life simple. I hope you are as lucky. :flowerforyou:

Amber: I hope to start back to yoga this week. I plan to wear a mask. :star:

Sue: Great to see that you’re posting. Lovely horse—resembles Arrow but Arrow has a star rather than a blaze. :heart:

Karen: :laugh: I’m happy to have it “behind” me, too. :laugh:

Lanette: Our dogs are very similar in age. I think that my anxiety about the colonoscopy made my dog anxious & played a role in his panting. He’s not panting at all today. :heart:

Allisonshaw: Welcome! :star:

Michele: I would be as big as my house if I did as much baking as you. I’m not able to bake a cake without eating too much of it myself. :embarassed:

We have a cool and overcast morning today. I hope to take the dog for a long walk later today. I hope DH will come, too. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just poppiyin to say :smile:

Happy birthday sweet Allie!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Amber – so sorry to hear about your daughter and your entire family

Dlfk
    – I insisted and insisted and insisted that I get a BDT. The MD wasn’t going to do it. In the end, I think she let me have it just to shut me up. She was VERY surprised that I had osteoporosis.

Katla – great that the results of your test were good

Ginny OH – boy, your dentist put you thru a lot. The last time I went to the dentist, I could go in the waiting room. Admitted, I was the only person there. They weren’t scheduling routine things like cleanings and only a certain amount of people in the office at any one time. They just took my temperature.

Michele NC

I will ask mine again when I see her(it has been a few years since I have been). How exactly is the test done/ x-ray or blood test or ??
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Viv, sorry to hear that your cat has cancer :(
    Katla, also happy that your procedure is "behind" you and that all went well. Crazy how we wind ourselves up so much that it even affects our pets! Hoping that both you and your dog can relax now!
    Allie, Happy Birthday!
    Rebecca, Tucker is such a cute pup!
    Kim, have fun with all that zucchini! Sure is a shame that the camp's council are dropping the ball in such a hugh way! Definitely no winners there..... Happy to hear that the embroidery business is going well!
    Pip, your house is lovely! I thought it must be an older house when I first saw the photos, amazing how great the bedroom floor looks for being original. Obviously it's been well cared for! The price you're asking gave me a surprise tho, something like that would easily sell for over $500k here in Victoria. Of course, our prices are crazy expensive these days.
    Today is official wi day, down .6 this week! Makes me a happy camper! The weather has been decent, but last night the wind!!!!! I had put our recycling out yesterday afternoon as the truck doesn't seem to come at the same time regularly (and I missed two weeks ago because of that!) and I'm hoping that the majority of it stayed in the containers and didn't get blown all over the place! We are in a townhouse complex that the truck won't come up into. We are a new development and the authority in charge says they can't get in our driveway. Well, because it's new, everything was done to code, so big firetrucks have to be able to get in here, so their little old recycling truck could easily make it. One of the neighbors figures it's just the driver being lazy. Anyway, we have to walk it down the hill, it's not far, but it's not within sight of the house either. Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough!
    Must go, breakfast is calling! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    Today’s pics- busy bees! They are in their dessert oasis for bees!

RV Rita
    gjdg7esd222m.jpeg
    hre7tr3mvul8.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    Tried to edit to add: dog’s water dish and all over my lemon thyme plant!
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka - hope the surgery goes very well and has wonderful results for you.

Katla - glad your procedure went well.

Pip - love the house - many good wishes for a great sale.

Can't believe it's the end of June already. I've done well on my goals, which makes me happy, but I'll write those up tomorrow as we move to the July thread. Not looking forward to July 4, it gets a little nutty around here, and will be even worse with the actual day on a Saturday... but at least the crackhead neighbors that started blowing off fireworks before during and after the 4th are gone. That will help. Honestly wondering why they haven't moved anyone else in, but grateful for the respite for the last six weeks or so. Most of the trash was removed, and the owners are mowing every two weeks, so that's ten times better than the renters.

Lots to do - exercise is done, always makes me feel virtuous and semi-smug. Now to see to getting all the plants a drink of water and then mow this morning. Maybe trimming if there's any energy left, but it can wait until tomorrow... Heat advisory - they're saying that the afternoon high is going to be 92, (33.3C) but will feel like 105 (40.5C) degrees. Once it gets past about 95, it's kind of a moot point. It's hot, go inside. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa- enjoy the little break from the fireworks and crazy neighbors. Around here, the fireworks have been going off nightly all around us for the past three weeks or so. They start before dark and are still going off after 1AM. We keep our bedroom window open all the time year round because we have our catio connected to our room so the cats need it open. We may close it for the night if all are inside the house.Some were even right over the huge Junipers that hang over our back fence. The dog is terrified and six of the seven cats are not happy with them. Shima likes them if she can watch them. Noise doesn't bother her beings she is totally deaf(from birth). Fireworks are illegal in our town but it is not stopping them and they are setting off the huge ones, the loud ones and everything in between. Not looking forward to the weekend. I LOVE to watch the fireworks at the show and even a few around but they go on for hours and hours. Not so many of the pretty ones but just the loud boom ones that shake the house. We are hoping that after this weekend they will slow down. Maybe after people stop getting that extra $600 a week unemployment they will slow down.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I would love to be a part of this group. I am looking for additional support. I have been on this journey for my entire adult life. and have gained and lost 20+ lbs at various times. This time I am at my highest weight ever and want to make a permanent change. 5'8", SW 209, CW 206, GW: 160lbs.

welcome Allison
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip - Your house has great charm. :D Are you sad to leave it? Was the plan to buy a small apartment and ride around with the airstream? :flowerforyou:
    The day we got engaged (in Paris) was the same day we decided to give up work at Christmas. We got married in between, but couldn't live together straight away because we worked in different places. Huge lifestyle change. Best thing we ever did. We spent Christmas in Morocco and then spent six weeks in Australia visiting DH's brother. For a while people thought we were on perpetual exotic holidays. :D I had breast cancer in the middle of all that, but we soon got back to our holidays. Now we are extremely happy where we are in Hove. This autumn coming we will have been married 16 years. Amazing!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

i am seriously sad to leave it. this is my 1ST house. this has been the house of my dreams. to me, if you had a house with stairs, you were rich. as a kid, my dream was to have a house with stairs. i've always preferred older houses. we are only going to rent an apartment, we don't want to buy a condo, property or another house. we will be alot closer to family and if we get a wild hair, we'll take the airstream and go somewhere if we want.

exermom the realtor was just impresed with all the work that we did to it. we had 3 dogs (golden retreivers) most of the time we have been there.