WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    This is my wonderful zucchini. I have it sitting next to a miniature watermelon:

pwkipa4sl7lu.jpeg

Lisa you made me laugh out loud. s0225.gif

Keep the zucchini suggestions coming, I'm going to decided what to make with it this afternoon. I love zucchini.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa That mallow plant is in the same family as your pink and yellow hibiscus, I believe.

Kim Is this zucchini an heirloom, do you think? I'd like to save the seeds and plant next spring if so...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Dusted and vacuumed bedroom. Will do more vacuuming, cleaning and washing this week.

Set up a steamer to help breathing.

Don't want to sneeze after surgery!

Also went to a department store a little further away ... and won't likely return there any time soon. Too busy. Too many people not social distancing. Mostly elderly ladies who act like they are completely unaware of anything unusual going on. And packs of young guys wandering everywhere. Last time we were there, before C19, security removed a pack of them so this seems to be common behaviour in this particular store. But we got a few things we wanted ... and left the store as quickly as possible.

I've been on the hunt for button-up shirts but they are surprisingly difficult to find. I saw a few linen shirts, but they're too scratchy for me. I saw several that are really short and that style doesn't suit me any more. But nice, smooth, hip-length button-up shirt in a colour other than white just aren't popular right now. Also, I don't want to spend much on button-up shirts since I don't really like them ... but I need to wear them for the next month or so.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    L
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oh, Bette came back from the hospital, she’s as good as new, can’t ever tell he got hit
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Lisa in happy place. Listening to soothing music and Drew napping at my side.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    She’s all nice and purdy now. Kirby gave them a great review. When he went inside to hook her up so I can stay in it today, we found a vent hose exposed and some doors off. He’s gonna call them Monday. To see if someone can come out and fix it or he will retract his review and update it if he has to bring it back for them to put her back together
    icsydouo4np1.jpeg
    a5326fuiofq7.jpeg
    7fzcvax3lusx.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    For those who cancelled their cruises be glad folks who didn’t had the virus come aboard getting charged for every day at sea trying to get 30-40k back!!! https://apple.news/AL_g9R9SmTV-0a8WXUfvs6g

Yikes 😳 that’s not including them paying to get themselves home!

Happy 4th of July

Exercising y eating good today within calories
    No parties It’s not a good idea to have get togethers this year.Our Hospital is out of beds to nurses for the incoming their scared that morons will go out today. Well their right can hear pool parties already to BBQS from neighbors.

Amber Tx
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Such a lovely deeply supportive interesting thread! I will slowly work up to writing and sharing myself.
    I have no experience with such large zucchini but my fav zucchini dish is browning thin slices in olive oil then mixing with pasta and warm sour cream.
    I would also take a weekend to try the new area. I could never hack the heat in Florida but people are very dif that way. My dream spot would be somewhere cold and dry but close to a large body of water, salt or fresh.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sarah- sounds good. I don’t add sour cream or Greek yogurt never occurred to me. I do love browning my thin slices in olive oil
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Margaret – I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Drew had a problem with the child or the other animals and was acting out.

Pip – you can’t please all the people all the time. I know a lot of people park their RV’s in WalMart’s parking lot

Does anyone have a dessert recipe that uses a lot of egg yolks? I have 12 that I’d like to use up. Only thing is…it can’t be something chocolate.

Went to Food Lion early this morning. Got ice cream for Steve. It was BOGO, Edy’s ice cream. Also got a rain check for Pepsi. I knew they didn’t have any of the diet caffeine free because I took it all yesterday…lol But I got a raincheck for later.

Sarah – welcome! I thought, too, that I could never hack the heat in NC. But eventually you do get used to it. Now I’m very sensitive to the cold, I hate it. Even humidity…I think you get used to it.

Last check in before the pool!!!

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

A couple of thoughts on grated zucchini - it is great added to soup, stew, or stir fry… but what I do is grate squeeze out the liquid, measure into 2 cups and put into zip bags (sandwich size is just right) freeze and then later defrost and re-squeeze out the liquid, which leaves you with 1 cup of dry zucchini. This is a great thickener for a soup or stew, and perfect for zucchini bread, or my newest find a recipe from delish.com for zucchini pizza crust, no gluten, just a bit of cornstarch so mostly keto, and while not really great for CICO as there is a lot of cheese I found it to be an acceptable treat.

Kim from N. California

• sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Machka, I do hope I am wrong but surgery and button down shirts rang a bell. I used zippered sweatshirts at home after my lumpectomy but it didnt take long till I wore my regular clothes. Wishing you well and an easy recovery. You are right about the sneezing.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Michele - scratch pound cake takes a bunch of yolks. as does baked custard
  • ksfessler88
    ksfessler88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks Barbie. July, here we go!
    Happy 4th, everyone.
    Setting more realistic goal: 6 lbs by July 31.
    Starting weight: 135
    GW: 129
    Kate - Ruther Glen, VA (70 mi south of Wash, DC)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Michele I agree. I saw this with Wendy. I am glad the previous owner did what was best for her not an easy thing to give up a dog.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Machka, I do hope I am wrong but surgery and button down shirts rang a bell. I used zippered sweatshirts at home after my lumpectomy but it didnt take long till I wore my regular clothes. Wishing you well and an easy recovery. You are right about the sneezing.

It's a surgery to fix a badly diviated septum and to reduce turbinates.

I'm not to wear pullovers for a while in case I bump my nose and set off bleeding. It also occurred to me today that all my bras are pullovers ... sports bras. I think I'll have to pick up one with hooks. But I will try to do that at a much quieter store closer to home.

M in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Amber ~ For those who cancelled their cruises be glad folks who didn’t had the virus come aboard getting charged for every day at sea trying to get 30-40k back!!! https://apple.news/AL_g9R9SmTV-0a8WXUfvs6g

The way I read the article, it looks like they were getting a refund at some point, not paying the cruise line. Maybe I misread.

Pip ~ I'm sorry the air stream was left with a few problems and hope it will get fixed in a timely manner.

My DnL's mom took her and the kids to a condo in Orange Beach, Alabama for a week and DnL says the beach there was so crowded you couldn't move. This is because the beaches in Fla are closed so all the folks headed to Alabama. I sure hope they come home safe and sound and in good health.

Carol in GA