Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,704 Member
    Options
    Well this os what happens when i take a nap.. i want to sleep but my.mind wont let me..Ugh
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)<3Margaret, she's a beautiful dog. You are both so fortunate to have found each other.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD for the bosu today. Felt OK, but I was just a bit afraid so I took it real easy. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeanette Jenkins Core Strength DVD

Barbara – so glad the click/treat worked so well for you. We did find that sometimes they forgot but soon remembered when you did it once. You’re doing great. Yea for the approval!!! I don’t know if it was something I ate, my stomach started hurting while I was eating dinner. At least now it’s gone. I’m thinking that it was my body’s way of saying “you need extra rest, slow down”

Lisa – that sign made me smile

Just came in from the pool. The water is 90. Honestly, not real refreshing., but better than nothing

Rita – I agree with you about enforcing mask wearing. What’s the sense of having a decree to wear one if it isn’t enforceable? People are going to do what they want to do, some regardless of how it affects someone else.

Allie – here’s a different way of looking at the move. How would you feel if you DIDN’T make the move? Going to FL will also be a nice vacation for anyone.

Katla – I was born in 55 and don’t remember the polio epidemic. But I understand that Hickory was very instrumental in taking care of the patients. They built a hospital in something like 48 hours.

Sharon – I miss our Green Room too (local community theater)

Margaret – ohhhhhhhh..Drew Barrymore is so adorable!!!

Went in the spa tonight. Too hot for a walk

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,950 Member
    Options
    It was pretty cool this morning so decided to take the daycare girl for a walk- pushing 45lb kid for an hour around the neighborhood. I need to do it again next week as long as the weather stays like it was- a bit cold when we started but by the end I was glad to be home(first time in a long time walking- used to walk daily with the triplets 2hrs every day)didn't even think to pack water or music w/speaker. Need to be more prepared next time.
    I got more Velcro and elastic in so I will be making more masks this weekend.
    Staying home all weekend- Husband has a virus(doctor doesn't think it is THE virus but testing Tuesday)uvula is swollen. He was sure it was THE virus until he talked to his doctor- could be from his CPAP, exhaustion (working 40hrs a week, graveyard shifts after 5 yrs of being semi retired and only working 15hrs a week) or not washing the mask often enough or ???. He has no other symptoms at all. He is off work until at least next Thursday.
    Going to work out some tonight

Hope you all have a great weekend
    Debbie
    Napa Valley

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌛🌜
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Rebecca love the Athena and her dog pictures. Drew makes me think about my sister. She would have loved Drew. She always had a dog and it helps me connect to her. She is gone fourteen years now.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    zynzl4w0omv6.png

p3u9lr320j99.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen: I like zuchini raw, sauteed, and sauteed after being dredged in parmisan cheese. 🥒. I’m not as fond of it when it is as big as a newborn wrapped in swaddling cloth. 🐵🙈🙉🙊
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Rebecca what a lovely dog with so good with Athena. The dog reminds me of our Tara, she was a German Shepherd and absolutely gorgeous natured, unfortunately she had something called degenerative myelopathy (not sure of the spelling) and her back legs stopped working, we did get her some walking wheels which she loved but a few years later she had a stroke and had to be put to sleep as there was no chance of recovery. I loved that dog. I'll have to find a photo of her.

Heather Enjoy your wallow, we all need to wallow every now and then. You made me smile when you mentioned what your hubby thought of your pals on MFP :)

I had a strange phone call on Friday, a man said he was a detective in the fraud squad in London and that a young man had tried to use my card to buy a laptop for £600 in Argos (somewhere in London) and asked if I had got all my cards, and had I authorised anyone to use my card. When I said I had mine and that I hadn't authorised anyone to make this purchase, he said that I should call the York police as it was out of his jurisdiction, to report it as fraud - I thought this was a bit strange and thinking it was a scam was waiting for him to ask for card details etc but he just said to dial 999 and to do it now. He said it twice do it now. I'd take all his details so ended the call. As I am on internet banking I checked my balance online and all seemed okay but just to be on the safe side I called my bank (from my mobile - he'd called on my landline) and after waiting an age to get through to customer services was told it was a scam and that there's a lot of scams going on at the moment. But what did he hope to gain from this? I could not call 999 whilst he was still on the line (999 is the emergency number and I would have had to call the local number for the police not the emergency number) so a bit unsure of what was going on.

I don't normally answer my landline, but I was expecting a call from the vet, but in future I'll leave it for the answer machine. If it's important they'll leave a message.

A bit of good news I have had a tax rebate. An unexpected windfall, must admit I was a bit worried when I saw the envelope from the Inland Revenue. As we are expecting a large vet bill this month, every little helps.

I remember having the polio vaccine on a sugar cube at the doctors, but that's about my only memory of the Polio epidemic, I think I had to have it before starting school so I'd be about 3-4years old.

Time is getting on, better make a move, waiting for son to return home so we can go shopping, I was unable to get a home delivery this week. Managed to get one for next week though. I think I must have been lucky and got a cancellation slot.

Take care
    Love to all <3
    Viv UK

• Katla49
    Options
    Karen: I forgot to mention zucchini bread. 😳
  • Katla49
    Options
    Happy 4th of July!