Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 118

Replies

• Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    Round 118 :

50 yo man
    Original start weight 191 lbs (Mai 10, 2020)

Ultimate goal 143 lbs.

R 115. SW 186.76 lbs EW 184lb (- 2.76)
    R 116. SW 184.19 l EW 181.19 (-3 )
    R117. SW 181.19 EW 178.90 lbs (-2.29)
    R118. SW 178.90 EW x

Total Loss round 115 + 116+ 117 : 8 lbs

06/26 178.13 lbs (80.80 kgs)
    06/27 177.80 lbs (80.65 kgs)
    06/28 178.35 lbs (80.90 kgs)
    06/29 177.47 lbs (80.50 kgs)
    06/30 176.81 lbs (80.20 kgs)
    07/01 177.47 lbs (80.50 kgs) up and down!
    07/02 177.14 lbs 80.35 kgs
    07/03 176.36 lbs (80.10 kgs)
    07/04 176.36 lbs (80.00 kgs)
    07/05

• figurethefat
    figurethefat Posts: 1,357 Member
    Female 63 5'3" - New Zealand
    Goal weight 57kg
    Starting weight Day 7 Round 111 – 66.3kg
    Ending weight Round 117 – 59.5kg

Goal for Round 118 - 58.7kg

Day/Weight/Comment
    06/26 - 59.4kg, still sick so 1/2 as many steps as usual, eating is good, just realized bananas have heaps of sugar
    06/27 - 59.4kg, to my horror this a.m. I realized I hadn't logged wine and rice crackers yesterday; < 5 cal deficit.
    06/28 - 58.9kg, big drop! Winter weather and a puzzle kept me in yesterday so ate less than usual to compensate.
    06/29 - 58.7kg, that's nice, already at goal for this round, finally able to get my steps up -- > 18,000 yesterday!
    06/30 - 58.8kg, not quite enough walking yesterday, ate more than usual for dinner; Avocado for brekkie this am!
    07/01 - 58.8kg, not much going on with the weight, the weather sucks and I have to go out to lunch today...
    07/02 - 58.9kg so 4 steps back, steps were okay, lunch was okay, dinner was not great, hard to figure calories...
    07/03 - 58.5kg, oh a new low at last but not sure it will last, less steps these days - only about 12,000 a day
    07/04 - 58.5kg, holding steady so that's good, 14,000 steps yesterday, eating was good, picked up some new food
    07/05 - 59.7kg, a bit of an increase but right on target for goal so it's fine, ready for the next round!
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Friday 93.2
    Saturday 93.6
    Sunday 93.5
    Monday NS
    Tuesday 93.5
    Wednesday 93.0
    Thursday 92.2
    Friday 92.0
    Saturday 91.8
    Sunday 92.4
    Average for this round = 92.8
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    cp47wpjb9b61.jpeg

Looking forward:
    I'm just too danged cussed to let this thing knock me back, and ruin all the effort I have put in to get here. I am stepping up my routine, and taking control. Sheltering in place means I can fully concentrate on getting in my exercise, and preparing healthy food.
    Aims:
    • June: focus on maintaining and increasing my progress
    • 2020: Goal is to stabilise weight around 145
    • Strengthen strategies to reframe the tendency to use unhealthy snack food as a reward/treat.
    • Make sure I have prepared healthy snacks available
    • Cut down on eating between meals by keeping busy
    Never give up! Never give in!
    Back Story:
    2018 goal: get back down to 160 ✅
    2019 goal: proceed down to 150 ✅ with 2 months to spare
    2020 goal: maintain below 150 dropping slowly down to 145 ✅ So far, so good.
    That's a WIN in my book!
    Focus: maintenance! I might even manage to lose a bit more ever so slowly.
    JGM10D ~|~ Round 118
    cuwtg51y7r58.jpg
    🔹Posting weight and comments each evening.
    🔹Age 73;🔹Height 5’2”🔹Female🔹
    🔹SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    🔹LW: 147.2 (Mar 2020)
    🔹UGW: 145

🔹Aim for this round: stay under 150
    I am MINDFUL of making heathy choices to MAXIMISE the achievement of my goals!
    ==============================
    Giving up is NOT an option! I KNOW I am doing this!
    Round 117 EW: xxx:

26/06: 149.7: Goals🌟
    27/06: 149.8.: Goals🌟
    28/06: 149.9: Goals🌟
    29/06: 149.2: Goals🌟
    30/06: 149.2: Goals🌟
    01/06: 149.6: Goals🌟
    02/06: 149.5: Goals🌟
    03/06: 149.6: Goals🌟
    04/06: 149.8: Goals🌟
    05/06: xxx: Goals

Last 7 Rounds
    Round 116 SW 148.5: EW 149.4🌻+ 0.6
    Round 115 SW 148.8: EW 148.5🌻- 0.3
    Round 114 SW 148.2: EW 148.8🌻+ 0.6
    Round 113 SW 148.6: EW 148.2🌻- 0.4
    Round 112 SW 148.2: EW 148.6 🌻+0.4
    Round 111 SW 148.2: EW 148.2 😏 Maintained
    Round 110 SW 147.2: EW 148.2 🌻 + 1
    Round 109 SW 148.3: EW 147.2 🌻 - 1.1
    June 2017: Round 8 SW 162; EW 169.9 This was my first round!!! I faffed about for 2 1/2 years before I got back on track!!!
    Daily Goals
    Food
    🔹log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    Exercise:
    🔹7,500+ Steps daily
    🔹30 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
    🔹Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
    🔹Practice Self-care
    🔹Positively reframe thoughts
    🔹Learn something new
    🔹15 mins Daily Declutter session

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    Purple: #ff4968.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    29 yo female
    5’2”
    SW 126.2 (April 14th, 2020)
    Highest lifetime weight: 138 lbs. August 2011
    Goal Weight: 110
    Last rounds: 125.2 -> 122.8 -> 121.6 -> 121.2 -> 119.8-> 119.4 -> 117.8
    Goal weight for this round: Somewhere in the 117 or 116 range

06/26 117.8 Yesterday I ended up making the pork chops on the grill and they were so good! I just kept it basic and tossed them on plain and after they cooked for a bit I brushed them with some bbq sauce and cooked it a little longer. I also threw a summer squash and a kousa squash (the light green summer squash) on the grill. I didn’t get fancy with the squash either because I mixed it in with the left over black beans which had a good amount of flavor to them.
    We did an awesome soccer workout this morning. For my lunch I need to use some cottage cheese I have, so I’m thinking about having some pineapple and granola to go on top of it. I’m not sure about dinner tonight. I guess we’ll just see where the day takes us.

06/27 117.8 Yesterday was a good day all around. Food was on point and we just had an enjoyab;e night of hanging out and played a couple rounds of poker together. Today has also been solid, I started my day with some sigi’s skyrr and added lemon curd and inulin to it. I topped it with CSA berries and some granola for breakfast.
    Then, I did some meal prep by making a Thai inspired kale salad with quinoa, Harkurei turnips, bell pepper, cucumber, scallion and fresh basil, cilantro and mint. It was topped with a dressing that had lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, and honey (fish sauce optional but I left it out). Then I made some apple rhubarb muffins made with rolled oats and whole wheat pastry flour as a base. I got the idea from the cookbook “Dishing Up the Dirt”, which is one of my new favorite cookbooks. I haven’t tried the muffins but I will be momentarily after I finish the yummy kale salad! Next on the agenda is to clean out some of the basement. Oh what fun that will be! Although it will be nice when it’s clean. Have a good Saturday everyone!
    06/28 118.0 Yesterday was awesome for getting things cleaned around the house. The basement cleaning was a success and it feels so much better there. Those muffins also came out really good too! I started my day with doing dishes and finishing up some cleaning. Then I made my first meal of Siggi’s Skyrr with inulin. Lemon curd, fresh apples, and granola on top. It was very filling and tasty! I’m going to have a big salad later to use up the rest of our CSA lettuce because we’ll be getting more tomorrow. Dinner will be a broccoli and shitake mushroom stir fry.
    Yesterday, I did an awesome workout on the spin bike, so today will be a rest day because Friday was a pretty heavy soccer workout too.

06/29 119.2 Yesterday was a great day for some much needed chill time. This weight is pure water fluctuation and part of the reason I am tracking my weight daily. Dinner was good last night, not the healthiest but good for the soul. We had a frozen General Tso’s chicken meal that tasted like it came from a restaurant. I also cooked some broccoli and shitake mushrooms with it. I probably had two or two and half cups worth of veggies with it.
    Today we did another soccer workout but skipped the ball work and just did various running drills using the cones. It was fun and was never the same for too long. I have yogurt with fruit and granola planned for breakfast and maybe one of the apple rhubarb muffins. Or maybe a muffin with a fried egg or two and the yogurt with fruit for snack. Decisions, decisions… It’s CSA day, so I’m pumped for that! On that note, I’m off to start my day working from home! Happy Monday everyone!

06/30 118.0 Yesterday was a tough day emotionally for me. I got through it and feel a bit better today but there is a lot of unknown in my personal life with a family member sick but hopefully we’ll have some answers soon. Then, I found out that my boss is leaving which I was really sad about but I’m also really happy for her new opportunity. All I have to keep telling myself is that everything happens for a reason and eventually I find good from any situation.
    Getting the CSA was fun though! We went for a nice walk this morning and even found black raspberries along the way. So that was a yummy little treat! I have turkey sausage hash on the agenda tonight for dinner. I’ll be using leftover roasted potatoes and squash from last nights dinner. I’m looking forward to trying the sausage because it’s from our meat CSA and we haven’t tried any yet.

07/01 118.0 Yesterday was a good day for me all around. Food went well and the hash I made for dinner was yummy! It was a touch salty because of the sausage but if we get that type of sausage again I will use butternut squash or sweet potato with it to balance the sweetness. I multitasked last night during dinner prep and made some honey cardamom tahini granola. I didn’t get a chance to try it cooked, but I can’t wait for my breakfast today because I’m having that with yogurt and CSA berries. Tonight, I’ll be making some pesto pasta for dinner. I’ll be making the pesto with the radish greens, turnip greens, garlic scapes, basil and some kale stems. I might throw some fresh oregano in it too because our plant is exploding right now.
    Today we did a running workout around the soccer fields by our house. It was misty and the ground was saturated so we didn’t want to be doing our usual workout to prevent falls/injuries. After running today, I have no idea how I’ve done two half marathons in the past. We did a total of 3ish miles running around the fields and 4ish miles total if you include the walk to and from our house. My body was so over running by the end of the workout haha. I think I much prefer the soccer drills, intervals and variety now rather than just straight running. Anyways…Have a good Wednesday!
    Here's the link to the granola recipe: http://dishingupthedirt.com/recipes/honey-cardamom-tahini-granola/

I tweaked it a bit, so we'll see how my version came out this morning

07/02 117.2 The granola I made the other day came out yummy! It didn’t crisp up as much but it’s more like the texture of a chewy granola bar and oatmeal cookie. If I had cooked it longer it would have been crunchier but I actually like it for a change in texture. The pesto I made last night was decent but not as good as one that I made a couple weeks ago. I plan on having the sausage and potato hash leftovers for dinner tonight.
    We went for a really nice almost 6 mile walk this morning and it felt really good to have sun shining on us after a few days of cloudy/rainy weather. I have tomorrow off from work and hoping to do more cleaning of our space.

07/03 117.2 Woo it stuck! We did a moderated soccer workout this morning because we were both feeling the workouts we did this week. It was fun and a little less intense. I’m about to analyze the weight data from MFP and match it against my cycle data to see if I can spot the fluctuations and create a graph from it. So, we’ll see how that goes 😊. I also found more black raspberries on our walk back from the soccer field. When I got home, I grabbed a container and walked back over to pick a bunch. I can’t wait to mix them with my red raspberries, granola, and yogurt for breakfast. Have a good Friday everyone!

07/04 117.2 Yesterday was really good food wise for keeping in check with calories. Dinner was a fun balance between healthy and feeling like you were eating a treat meal. We had Perdu’s Organic Whole grain chicken fingers and frozen French fries. I also made a really big salad and made a cucumber radish concoction to go on as a topper. It had a cucumber, 5 radishes, Greek yogurt, olive oil, dill, mint, parsley, garlic, everything but the bagel seasoning, and extra onion powder. Yumm!
    Today we’re grilling and having just hamburgers and hotdogs. I usually have a hamburger with a whole grain bun and a hot dog without a bun. It’s always so crazy to me how many calories are in a bun/roll. I’ll also be making something with the surplus of CSA apples we’ve been getting every week. I think I’m going to make an egg-based pancake/custard/cake style thing to switch it up from the muffin type recipes I have been making. I could just make more muffins too, and freeze them for future eating!
    Happy Saturday and 4th of July to those in the US!

07/05 116.6 Yesterday was a really good day for family time. I started my day relaxing until about 10, then did a workout on the spin bike. Afterward, I had my breakfast of yogurt, granola, and black raspberries. Then, I spent some time with my husband watching a couple of episodes of Dr. Foster on Netflix. Then, I made this baked apple pancake thing to use up my abundance of apples in the fridge (I also have a feeling we’ll be getting more tomorrow in the CSA…I think I’m going to turn into an apple soon from all these apples. The one good thing is that they are yummy!). So, I chopped up a bunch of apples (about 1 kg), threw them in the baking pan and poured a batter of 6 eggs, ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour, ¼ cup maple syrup, 60 g inulin (can be left out, I just like to add extra fiber), 100 grams plain skyr, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Baked it until set and enjoyed 1/6th of it for about 300 calories total!

For dinner, I had a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and the cucumber radish concoction from the other night. I also had a bunless cheeseburger and hot dog, corn on the cob, a few French fries, watermelon, and a piece of angel food cake that didn’t come out the way it should have. The angel food cake had the texture of mochi cake (which I really liked) instead because my sweet sister in law attempted to make gluten-free angel food cake but she learned that the egg whites should have been at room temperature to get them to stiff peaks (which they never did get to stiff peaks). It was only about 1 ½ inches tall but I still wanted some which encouraged everyone to try it! We nibbled on some strawberries with it too. In the end, we ate about half and it was half more eaten than my sister in law thought it would’ve been. So it was an awesome day all around.
    Goal achieved for this round! 117.8 -> 116.6
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    cp47wpjb9b61.jpeg
    Looking forward:
    I'm just too danged cussed to let this thing knock me back, and ruin all the effort I have put in to get here. I am stepping up my routine, and taking control. Sheltering in place means I can fully concentrate on getting in my exercise, and preparing healthy food.
    Aims:
    • June: focus on maintaining and increasing my progress
    • 2020: Goal is to stabilise weight around 145
    • Strengthen strategies to reframe the tendency to use unhealthy snack food as a reward/treat.
    • Make sure I have prepared healthy snacks available
    • Cut down on eating between meals by keeping busy
    Never give up! Never give in!
    Back Story:
    2018 goal: get back down to 160 ✅
    2019 goal: proceed down to 150 ✅ with 2 months to spare
    2020 goal: maintain below 150 dropping slowly down to 145 ✅ So far, so good.
    That's a WIN in my book!
    Focus: maintenance! I might even manage to lose a bit more ever so slowly.
    JGM10D ~|~ Round 118
    cuwtg51y7r58.jpg
    🔹Posting weight and comments each evening.
    🔹Age 73;🔹Height 5’2”🔹Female🔹
    🔹SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    🔹LW: 147.2 (Mar 2020)
    🔹UGW: 145

🔹Aim for this round: stay under 150
    I am MINDFUL of making heathy choices to MAXIMISE the achievement of my goals!
    Giving up is NOT an option! I KNOW I am doing this!
    Round 117 EW: xxx:

26/06: 149.7: Goals🌟
    27/06: 149.8.: Goals🌟
    28/06: 149.9: Goals🌟
    29/06: 149.2: Goals🌟
    30/06: 149.2: Goals🌟
    01/06: 149.6: Goals🌟
    02/06: 149.5: Goals🌟
    03/06: 149.6: Goals🌟
    04/06: 149.8: Goals🌟
    05/06: xxx: Goals

Last 7 Rounds
    Round 116 SW 148.5: EW 149.4🌻+ 0.6
    Round 115 SW 148.8: EW 148.5🌻- 0.3
    Round 114 SW 148.2: EW 148.8🌻+ 0.6
    Round 113 SW 148.6: EW 148.2🌻- 0.4
    Round 112 SW 148.2: EW 148.6 🌻+0.4
    Round 111 SW 148.2: EW 148.2 😏 Maintained
    Round 110 SW 147.2: EW 148.2 🌻 + 1
    Round 109 SW 148.3: EW 147.2 🌻 - 1.1
    June 2017: Round 8 SW 162; EW 169.9 This was my first round!!! I faffed about for 2 1/2 years before I got back on track!!!
    Daily Goals
    Food
    🔹log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    Exercise:
    🔹7,500+ Steps daily
    🔹30 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
    🔹Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
    🔹Practice Self-care
    🔹Positively reframe thoughts
    🔹Learn something new
    🔹15 mins Daily Declutter session

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    Purple: #ff4968.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Awesome Terri! 💜 💜 💜