5'9 Ladies whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently 205, initial goal 164. Would like to get to a size 8.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    *1.77m, started from 85 kgs, now down to 71 and I've yo-yoing between 76-70 for about 3 years now,
    I always thought that 64 kgs was the way to go but I'm starting to feel this isn't possible anymore and I think I'll stop at 68 and then work on body composition.

Obviously your aims are your own, but my own sense is that 64kg is quite low for a height of 1.77m. It's well into the lower half of normal bmi. I guess in the end it is about what you feel comfortable with , and how you can like your body. I am currenty 84.5kg, aiming to get back to a steady weight between 72 and 75 kg.
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *(Pardon my metric)
    1.77m, started from 85 kgs, now down to 71 and I've yo-yoing between 76-70 for about 3 years now,
    I always thought that 64 kgs was the way to go but I'm starting to feel this isn't possible anymore and I think I'll stop at 68 and then work on body composition.
    My main problem has always been how bulky I look. I am taller than the majority of women around and i just look so darn big. |To put this into perspective, I have a chest circumference of 100 cm and I wear A cups. I feel like an ungraceful hill sometimes and I think that no weight will actually make me happy. Unless of course I go below 60 kgs which I find impossible.
    I don't know if anyone here has struggled with those thoughts but all suggestions welcome.

i think everyone has problems with themselves. for me i am 4ft 11in very short and round and would love to be tall. The rest of the women on my daddy's side of the family are very tall and they hate it. ... But God makes each of us and we are His masterpiece and He loves us. So i am learning to love myself the way i am and just try to make this short body healthy and be happy each day He has given me. I pray you learn to love you the way you are. God bless.

also i didn't realize this site was for 5' 9" i just thought i looked at a post where someone was that height.
  • ItsAStrangeLoop
    ItsAStrangeLoop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Obviously your aims are your own, but my own sense is that 64kg is quite low for a height of 1.77m. It's well into the lower half of normal bmi. I guess in the end it is about what you feel comfortable with , and how you can like your body. I am currenty 84.5kg, aiming to get back to a steady weight between 72 and 75 kg.

Surprisingly enough, the only time I have managed to be at 64 (granted, I was only 22 at the time) I still wore size L/40-42 at pants. I am bottom heavy gal and that doesn't seem to change no matter the weight. :blush:
    I kinda hope that body composition work will help with that.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    *(Pardon my metric)
    1.77m, started from 85 kgs, now down to 71 and I've yo-yoing between 76-70 for about 3 years now,
    My main problem has always been how bulky I look. I am taller than the majority of women around and i just look so darn big. |To put this into perspective, I have a chest circumference of 100 cm and I wear A cups. I feel like an ungraceful hill sometimes and I think that no weight will actually make me happy. Unless of course I go below 60 kgs which I find impossible.
    I don't know if anyone here has struggled with those thoughts but all suggestions welcome.

i think everyone has problems with themselves. for me i am 4ft 11in very short and round and would love to be tall. The rest of the women on my daddy's side of the family are very tall and they hate it. ... But God makes each of us and we are His masterpiece and He loves us. So i am learning to love myself the way i am and just try to make this short body healthy and be happy each day He has given me. I pray you learn to love you the way you are. God bless.

I was tall - one of the tallest kids in my class, and was asked often if I got bullied for it, which was rather a strange question for me because I couldn't imagine why anyone would bully me over my height; I loved being tall! And no, I was bullied in school for many things, but being tall was not one of them.

I"m 5'8 1/2" - is that close enough to 5'9" to post? lol I was really irritated that I didn't get that last 1/2" :)

Ultimate goal for me is right now 180 lbs; the absolute lowest I'd go is 160 lbs, but knowing how difficult getting off the last 20 lbs is, I seriously doubt I'd make 160. I'm not sure what size I'll end up in; I down to the low 230's in weight right now and am pretty well solidly into 18-20's; I think if I hit that 180 lbs, I'll probably end up in something like 14-16's.

Its very interesting to me how people of the same height can still be widely different in their body compositions. I'm broad shouldered and wide hipped and big boned, so I know that healthiest for me personally is going to be the upper end of the BMI spectrum. But there are others who are much more lithe and graceful than I am who would fair well lower than me. *shrugs* but I don't mind be the raw-boned, solidly built pioneer type :lol:
  • CCS1985
    CCS1985 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, started my weight loss journey at 215... lowest weight so far has been 164. But quarantine kicked me back up to 178.

My ideal weight for my body is 155.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Mid 170's, I think. I'll know what my goal weight is when I see what I want in the mirror.

The lowest I've ever been as an adult is 144 lbs, but I wasn't lifting heavy then.
  • Ceci_531
    Ceci_531 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'10. Goal weight of 165 lbs. Current weight 191 lbs.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a post from a nutritionist in another thread who said that her rule of thumb for calculating ideal weight 100lbs for someone who is 5 feet tall and then then add 5lbs for every inch; and then +/- 10%. That would put an ideal weight for 5'9" at 145 lbs - range 130.5-169.5lbs.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5.

My highest weight was 260lb/118kg. In 2004-5 I lost weight down to about 150lb/68kg. It didn't feel that sustainable so I went up to about 160lb/72.5lb for a while, then a fairly long period closer to 80kg/176lb.

Last autumn it crept up again to 86kg/190lb. I set myself the target of getting back to 80kg. When I managed that I targeted 75kg. I really didn't think that I'd get much beyond that.

At the moment I'm 67kg/148lb and still losing (albeit more slowly) :o and I still don't know what my goal is! I'm eating a sustainable amount for my activity level and will see where I settle.

(In my head my 2004 weights are in lb but my more recent ones are in kg, hence trying to use both here!)
  • elizam00
    elizam00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'9"/175cm.

Starting weight was 301lbs/136kg c. 2017-18 and I just reached my soft goal of 180lbs/81.7kg, with a hard goal of 145lbs/65.7kg. Been using MFP on and off since about 2012 and I'm finally putting in the work these last couple years!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    FFwife925 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I would love to know what all your goal weights are. If you have met them please tell me how. I would love pics to. I used to be in shape running 4-6 miles everyday. Then I got married and had 3 kids. Time for me now.

5'9
    216.9lbs

My current goal is to get under 200 then in increments of 20lbs until I get to 140.

Thanks!!!

5'9
    CW: 218.6
    GW1: 190
    GW2: 170
    GW3: 150

I think I will be content at 150, considering I've had two kids. I was 138 when I married.
  • stellagogogo
    stellagogogo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 I've been in 140-145 zone most of my life. A year ago I started strength training and fall in love with it. My lowest weight was 128.5 and but quarantine put me back to 137. My goal is 126.5.
  • eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am just a little over 5’9. My goal is to get to 165 and see how I feel and look. I spent most of my adult life in the 150-170 range and size 6-8 looks good on me. My current weight is 196 and I am a size 12.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    5'9 as well. I've been in the 155 lb range past year, now hovering towards 160, but goal weight is 135-140. My issue is that most of the extra fat is stored in the midsection area. So my limbs can look slim but not the rest.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    5’ 8.5”

Weighed 205 to a high of 237-240 from 10th grade until 1/1/16, with a number of significant weight loss & regain times over the ~45 years.

Got serious 1/1/16 228lbs
    Hit 159.8 9/2018
    Continued to lose (lowest 150.2 briefly) & regained to 155.
    Have weighed between “In the 150’s” for 21.5 months. A record for me.

At 228.3, I set my first goal at 5% loss. 211
    Then 10% 206
    Then 199
    Then 185 Beginning college wt
    Then 174 Senior year HS wt after dieting
    Then 169 which was 24.9 BMI 5’9” NORMAL
    Then I realized I was shorter, so regrouped psychologically, and went to 164.
    Decided I needed to lose more.
    Went for 155
    Then was shooting for 150 or 149

Hunger kicked in on the way down 157-159 big time, which is where I’ve been maintaining.
  • Rhunt324
    Rhunt324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im not brave enough to post my cw right now, but I am 5'9 and I am aiming for a long term goal of 185.

• alicekelli
    alicekelli Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!