Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I missed yesterday because Matt was off from work. Lol. I got up early because the guy who fixes cars out of our detached garage looked at mine and I had to hand off my keys. He fixed my directional signal free of charge but he said that my AC converter is bad. The auto parts store wants $400 for a new one. :# He said that he would look online and let me know. So now I wait. Lol. If he can't find one I may just shell out the money. We have it and I still have like 2 years left on the car and I can't just not have air for that long. Especially when the summers here are so hot and sticky.

Matt can't win recently. He's having back spasms at work that apparently hurt like hell. He can't leave though because he has way too much to do. He's off again tomorrow so he's going to lay down as soon as he gets home and probably stay in bed all day tomorrow. Send him prayers and positive thoughts, please.

I read pretty much all day yesterday. I finished two books, one I had started the night before, and started a third. I can read faster than most people talk. Ex. I can finish reading a book faster than it would take for me to listen to it as an audiobook, even when the speed is increased x1.25 So I can get a lot of reading done in a short amount of time. We also gave Panda a second bath. This one seems to have been much more effective. I'm still going to keep an eye on him though and see how he looks next week. I will traumatize my cat as many times as I need to to get this under control.

Okay, Onto some goals.

JFT, 7/8/20

- Dishwasher
    - FOLD LAUNDRY!
    - Food in crockpot at 1
    - Talk to T about action scene

This reminds me of when Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix came out. It came out the weekend we were going on holiday so my parents bought it so I could have it on the plane.
    Plane got delayed but our connecting flight was on time so left without everyone else who was connecting lol and had to stay the day at the airport.
    Basically read that mother-effer in like 1 and a half days haha then had nothing to read for a 2 week holiday (although I did just read it again haha)

But yeah I'm a fast reader too. I've never tried audible. I don't think I'd like someone reading to me :neutral: and yeah I reckon I could read faster too lmao
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ❤GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
    It's Been A Long Time.
    Posting in case you all have forgotten what Mary looks like... Lol.

Mary!! I, too, just jumped on today after a long long time to see how folks are doing. So happy to see you on here :smile: . You have made great strides! Maybe you're up on some weight, or have stayed the same, but the fact that you have more stamina is huge. The important thing is that you are making progress. Just this week I repurposed to get back on the journey and finish my weight loss race. I have re-focused, am ready to sacrifice, track, and exercise even more than I have been---I started Monday and have lost two pounds. Again. LOL. But this time it feels like when I was intense. I haven't been hungry but I've had to battle through cravings. I had gained back 10 of my 30---I am not going back to my Egypt!!! I want to push through and get this done---I'm 58 and we want to live the rest of our days thriving and moving, don't we?! Loved seeing you on here. I think of you and the others often. Peace and joy .
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - LOL I should stay away from the fries too, but I'm not being successful in either.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water -- MEASURE IT!!
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) on hold
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter on hold

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Feed the animals - done
    Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
    Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
    Do 15 min of yardwork: Weed Whack north and east perimeters
    everything on hold

My hips and lower back might be a little better because now I know my right shoulder and wrist hurt like the devil as well ... gettin' old really sucks!! So, another do little to nothing day while I medicate and rest/ice the hurting parts.

OK, today, wearing wrist brace and knee brace. Using a cane. Getting up and sitting down still painful. Continuing meds, ice packs, elevation, rest. Maybe tomorrow I can "gently" start to do some light tasks and move around a bit. Just one more day of "babying" my boo-boo's.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 - LOL I should stay away from the fries too, but I'm not being successful in either.

I bought a deep fat fryer during my covid/phone "detox".

^^^ look what happened when I didn't have you guys to help lmfao!!

*whispers* but my fries taste like McDonald's 😊😋
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Well .. so much for my plans to be on here everyday! Our business is so busy, which while we are grateful for, we wish it was not. Hubby wears out much sooner, so I end up doing a lo to help him, so my days are busy.

But, he is now down to just 5 more radiation treatments! He is in a lot of pain, so it will be good when at least that is finished.

and then today, I break off part of my tooth! Its a tooth with a big filling, so I have a feeling I will end up loosing the entire tooth, as quite a big chunk broke off. And .. we are not going to the dentist until november, in hopes that by then it is safer to go. So .. maybe I will lose weight ... trying to eat on just one side of my mouth!

Here are my goals for tomorrow ... again, simple goals, which is all I need right now to get back on track. Time to get serious .. take off these 4 pounds to get back to my 1st goal weight.

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜

⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2
      Mon 22: 149.7
      Tue 23: 149.5
      Wed 24: 149.4
      Thu 25: 149.8
      Sat 27: 149.9
      Sun 28: 149.8
      Mon 28: 148.2
      July:
      Wed 1 149.5
      Thu 2 149.6
      Sat 4: 149.8
      Sun 5: 149.7

JFT Wed 8 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Affirmations
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷115
      Cardio: > 30🌷interval walk/jog
      Strength: > 10🌷Arms/legs
      Flex: >10🌷Genera stretches
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷9324
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷11
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷meditation:✅ grocery shopping:✅
      🌷Birthday card for younger grandson ✅
      🌷Family Skype for grandson’s Birthday. ✅
      🌷laundry:✅ chores:✅
      🌷Finish Declutter computer of room ✅
      🌷Watch TV:✅ crochet:✅
      🌷Proofread/edit DGSs Birthday Project✅
      🌷Add photos to Draft 1 of DEGSs Birthday Project✅

JFT Thu 9 July:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation:
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30
      Strength: > 10 legs
      Flex: >10 Pilates
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I get to do:
      🌷meditation:
      🌷laundry: chores:
      🌷Declutter footwear
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: crochet: Knit
      🌷Proofread/edit DGSs Birthday Project
      🌷sew spare Masks

• Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      Options
      Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
      Wednesday Action Plan
      1. 0645 wake, pill, timer, weigh😀
      2. Pets, pill😀
      3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi 😀
      4. On video 0755😀
      5. Weights😀
      6. Snack = Apple + pumpkin seeds 😀—didn’t need, wasnt hungry at the time
      7. Lunch = salad + chicken😀
      8. Snack = protein pancakes😀
      9. Walk—and get salad😀
      10. Prep salads (at least 3)😀—made 5!
      11. Dinner = ??😀—roast chicken with cauliflower and brussel sprouts
      12. Upstairs by 9😀
      13. Layout clothes😀
      14. Journal😀
      15. Meditate👿
      16. Lights out 9:45🤞

Today I have to hold onto the thought that I was faithful to my habits. I know it won’t show on the scale for awhile yet—I’ll be paying for the 4th of July binge for days to come. But if I keep my days like today (journal, track, exercise), I’ll be ok.

Some NSV to report — Sunday I did a 2 hour kayak with DH. Longest/farthest I’ve done in years. Around the house I’ve started lifting/moving things that before I would have asked DH or one of the girls to lift. And eldest stepdaughter told me last week “I can tell you’ve been working out. You look like you’re getting jacked”.

So, I’ll stick with the habits, stay the course, and accept some bumps along the way!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Thursday Action Plan
      1. Up at 0645, pill, set timer, weigh
      2. Pets, pill
      3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
      4. On video 0755
      5. Weights
      6. Lunch = salad + chicken
      7. Walk—to place that will fax
      8. Dinner = from freezer
      9. Research estate lawyers
      10. Upstairs by 9
      11. Layout clothes
      12. Journal
      13. Meditate
      14. Lights out 9:45

July personal challenge
      Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
      July 8: 💪, 🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the mindset that I can start over after messing up.

WOTY: Habits
    • Bex953172
      Options
      mytime6630 wrote: »
      Well .. so much for my plans to be on here everyday! Our business is so busy, which while we are grateful for, we wish it was not. Hubby wears out much sooner, so I end up doing a lo to help him, so my days are busy.

But, he is now down to just 5 more radiation treatments! He is in a lot of pain, so it will be good when at least that is finished.

and then today, I break off part of my tooth! Its a tooth with a big filling, so I have a feeling I will end up loosing the entire tooth, as quite a big chunk broke off. And .. we are not going to the dentist until november, in hopes that by then it is safer to go. So .. maybe I will lose weight ... trying to eat on just one side of my mouth!

Here are my goals for tomorrow ... again, simple goals, which is all I need right now to get back on track. Time to get serious .. take off these 4 pounds to get back to my 1st goal weight.

JFT, Thurs
      1. log all food
      2. concentrate on water
      3. mindful eating

Omg I cant stand anything do with teeth lmao! I'm very lucky that at the age of 28 I've never had a filling or any work done really. Apart from a kid I had 2 baby teeth removed and that.. was horrific enough.

But I'm now at a stage I know my teeth will eventually crumble and I'm terrified to go dentist lol! Feel like the inevitable is looming.

I cant even stand, the kids wobbly teeth. Like Saskia will say "look my tooth wobbling" I refuse to even look at her and tell her to show her dad lmao!!!
      She ran to me the other day with ot half hanging out!! I was like NO GO TO YOUR DAD GO TO YOUR DAD. I actually shouted at her hahah ive explained 2000 times that I cant standbit. But she just tries to show me anyway >_>

I feel really sorry for your husband :( I don't know how i could cope seeing my loved one in pain like that!
      How's your daughter xx
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      WEDNESDAY:
      - Log everything🟢 / stay green🟢
      - NO CHIPS!🟢
      - Prep house for weekend party🟢
      - Make bday poster!🟢
      - Library pickup🟢

Today starts a busy point in the month for me. My younger two kids have their birthdays today and tomorrow. Then Saturday (if the weather is good) we have the family party. We always let the kids pick a restaurant for dinner on their bdays and then we’re doing pizza on Saturday. Plus there will be cake and ice cream each day. I’ve been well under calorie goals this week so far. I’m hoping to balance out any high cal days coming up. 🤞

JFT THURSDAY:
      - Log everything / stay green
      - No chips
      - Beach trip
      - Pick up bday dinner and treats
      - Prep for tomorrow’s bday poster/wrap presents
      - Laundry / dishes

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
      👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 950 Member
      Options

JFT Wednesday 8th July

Log everything yes, apart from a handful of crisps after I'd signed off
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises only standing ones
      5 fruit and veg 8
      Walk 36 minutes
      Yet more paperwork yes
      Easy gardening in son's garden yes, still sore, did easy stuff

JFT Thursday 9th July

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      5 Fruit and veg
      Walk
      Some more paperwork

I need to stop buying crisps (chips!) as well as chocolate, they are just too easy to pick up a handful. I do log them but I don't have the calories to spare. The local shop keeps offering them half price, not helpful to someone who likes a bargain lol.

I've been back on here 5 weeks and have lost 5lbs. but it's the 5lbs that I yo-yo up and down anyway. I feel the "real" weight loss starts here, and I'm finding it hard to get down to the next pound. I don't know where the first 5lbs have come off, my clothes don't feel any looser. If that internet picture of "what 5lbs looks like" is true then that's a big lump of fat, it must have come from somewhere lol.
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Wednesday: all food logged
      Thursday: log all food

I am pleased with myself because Wednesday I thought about not logging, since I knew what I was eating was going to put me over, but I logged it anyway. That has been a derailment spot for me in the past, and I am glad that I made the choice to keep logging and take the hit.
    • Bex953172
      Options
      merope2 wrote: »
      Wednesday: all food logged
      Thursday: log all food

I am pleased with myself because Wednesday I thought about not logging, since I knew what I was eating was going to put me over, but I logged it anyway. That has been a derailment spot for me in the past, and I am glad that I made the choice to keep logging and take the hit.

Taking the hit's hard! But once you do it you realise you can move forward from it!
      Well done for owning it! 💪
    • aubyshortcake
      aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
      Options
      Hello all!

JFT 7/8

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen 😁
      2. 30 minutes of some kind of physical activity😁
      3. Finish work before 5:30😁
      4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 7/9

1. Pay attention to hunger levels and listen
      2. 30 minutes of some kind of physical activity
      3. Finish work before 5:30
      4. Do workout
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
      Options
      JFT - Wednesday July 8
      1 Litre of Water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No chips - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Thursday July 9
      1 Litre of Water
      Log all Food
      No chips
      Gratitude Journal

Last night I had to go buy some bread for Rodger and when I left the house I said I was going to buy some chips for myself. I went to the store, walked down to the chip aisle the arrows were the wrong direction so I turned around and went to the checkout. I regretted it later in the evening because I really wanted them, but I made it through.

@Bex953172 - I asked for a deep fryer two years ago for Christmas, I don't know why I did that. I am happy to say though that I haven't used it in since before Christmas. How do you make your fries taste like McDonald's? Maybe I shouldn't ask that question. LOL

@mytime6630 - How long does it take to get the last 5 treatments? Is it a weekly thing? Is it the radiation causing the pain?
      I had a tooth break that had had a filling just before Kaitlyn's wedding last year. I had a root canal and a crown put in in December, I was shocked that they could do anything with it because all the was left was one little tiny piece.

@musikalmami237 - Welcome!

@kuhl50 - It's really nice when other people start noticing, especially those that live with you as it's harder to see the changes when you see someone daily.

@littleblackskirt - I am floating around the same 5 pounds too and don't notice a difference at all in my clothes. I think it's closer to 10 before I start noticing a difference in my clothes. I need to make my goal to get back to the 180's at least before the end of August. Even 189 would be 10lbs.

I have to talk about chips for a little bit because it seems to be a downfall for us all. My best friend's husband is the plant manager of a chip plant and she is the office manager. I was talking to her on Monday night and she said they have had their busiest times since Covid hit, they usually hire students in the summer at the end of June to help with the lead up to Halloween. Since school was out they called students back in April this year to keep up with demand. I think chips are a comfort food and they are relatively cheap for a treat.

Ok, off for a meeting.

• Bex953172
      Options
      @Snowflake1968

Well I buy oven French fries rather than cut them myself from potato, fry them in sunflower oil for about 5 mins on 180C.
      When they're done I put kitchen roll in a bowl, throw them in that, salt the life out of them (i have pink himalayan salt lol), then a sprinkle (i mean the tiniest sprinkle) of sugar.
      Put kitchen roll on top, shake then serve.

Boom. McDonald's.. or close as lol. I nearly died when I first did them haha!
    • Bex953172
      Options
      ^^^^^^
      And I have officially ruined everyone's diet lmao.
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options

JFT, 7/8/20

- Dishwasher :disappointed:
      - FOLD LAUNDRY! :disappointed:
      - Food in crockpot at 1 :smiley:
      - Talk to T about action scene :smiley:We had a 2-hour long video chat about life but also about both of our stories. She's my best friend and a fellow writer. We were introduced to each other by our other best friend last year. I met both of them on Twitter. Lol. We both came out with more ideas and ways to write and think about them. So I would say it was a whopping success. Plus it was nice to have a face to face chat as opposed to our three-person text messenger chat. Lol

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. Read a bit of my book and went food shopping. I don't really remember what I did with most of my day. Although I do remember that I did a bunch of Amazon shopping. I didn't really eat much either. Although I have noticed that if I eat half of a large chicken breast and some veggies it's enough to keep me full for most of the night. I just have to make sure to listen to my hunger cues as opposed to giving into needless cravings.

I'm only going to put a few things on my list today I think.

JFT, 7/9/20

- Dishwasher :smiley:
      - WRITE SCENE!!!!
      - Figure out dinner
      - Maybe fold clothes