Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Member Posts: 5,643 Member Member Posts: 5,643 Member
    I don't like soup... only a couple types I like. But I don't understand soup people haha

I'm not a soup person either.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,479 Member Member Posts: 6,479 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I don't like soup... only a couple types I like. But I don't understand soup people haha

I'm not a soup person either.

Me either! My mom makes soup every week for lunches and I just don’t get the appeal. I mean soup is okay, but there are thousands of things I’d rather have before I’d pick soup.
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 793 Member Member Posts: 793 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    From watching other people's behavior, and talking to them, I think this might be an unpopular opinion, or at least an uncommon applied one:

It's fun to buy, cook & eat foods I've never had before, that I need to research to figure out how to cook and eat.

I completely agree, especially if it is a vegetable, plant based or fruit, from another country or exotic herbs, spices and combinations. The first time I went to an international market I thought I was in paradise! lol

What's been on the menu lately?
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 864 Member Member Posts: 864 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Soup is one of my favorite things.

I like soup now more than I used to: it started when I had to take over the kitchen for my parents after they got sick. With some hubris and ambition, I decided to make chicken soup from scratch. First time around, it was a whole-day affair, but it was kind of exciting. Each time, things got a little better; it taught me a lot, including about the integrity and skill involved in making a good soup.

This time of the year, I enjoy tossing vegetables in my Vitamix and mixing up a week's worth of gazpacho. Similar is a salmorejo, and I think I'd like to try that this year too (https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/salmorejo), probably minus the jamon serrano. Winter time is for onion soup, which I have yet to really master, but it's a lot of fun trying!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,259 Member Member Posts: 9,259 Member

Me too...have it everyday...even in summer lol!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,482 Member Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    From watching other people's behavior, and talking to them, I think this might be an unpopular opinion, or at least an uncommon applied one:

It's fun to buy, cook & eat foods I've never had before, that I need to research to figure out how to cook and eat.

I completely agree, especially if it is a vegetable, plant based or fruit, from another country or exotic herbs, spices and combinations. The first time I went to an international market I thought I was in paradise! lol

What's been on the menu lately?

lots of green smoothies, sunflower protein, leafy greens, vegan fish and tofu
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member, Premium Posts: 28,075 Member Member, Premium Posts: 28,075 Member
    What is everyone's opinion on best pizza chain??

Idaho Pizza Company.
  • Slacker16Slacker16 Member Posts: 1,163 Member Member Posts: 1,163 Member
    Oooh, I just thought of one that'll be very unpopular.

Peanut butter is one of those things that you either grow up with or you don't. I know maybe two people who grew to like it as adults, and I'm not one of them.
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,884 Member Member Posts: 3,884 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Oooh, I just thought of one that'll be very unpopular.

Peanut butter is one of those things that you either grow up with or you don't. I know maybe two people who grew to like it as adults, and I'm not one of them.

I've grown to love homemade peanut butter over stuff like jif, although I still have a soft spot for the jarred stuff because, like you said, I grew up with it.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 5,982 Member Member Posts: 5,982 Member
    I don't like strawberries.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,143 Member Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    The only peanut butter I like is the super-smooth, ultra-processed, mass-produced brands.

I cannot STAND the all-natural, gritty, must-refrigerate, need-to-stir types. The texture ruins it for me.
  • MommyLisa21MommyLisa21 Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Doughnuts are hugely overrated unless it's a chocolate with red chille and bacon from Rebel.

Donuts are not the best. Really.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,158 Member Member Posts: 5,158 Member
    The only peanut butter I like is the super-smooth, ultra-processed, mass-produced brands.

I cannot STAND the all-natural, gritty, must-refrigerate, need-to-stir types. The texture ruins it for me.

Exactly!

Although, I'll take sunflower seed butter over them all (except cookie butter).
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 5,982 Member Member Posts: 5,982 Member

STRONGLY DISGAREE

STRONGLY DISGAREE

I agree with you! However, it's been so long since I've actually had pb (outside of pb2), all would taste good to me lol!
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,884 Member Member Posts: 3,884 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Exactly!

I'm the opposite, I love the gritty texture of must-be-mixed peanut butter. I grew up with crunchy peanut butter jif, though, so that might be partly why. Smooth just sticks to the roof of my mouth.
    l3flcpghdbop.png

this is my current favorite nut butter.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,482 Member Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Exactly!

sunflower is my favorite!
    This sounds absolutely yummmmm...except the price avail. in my country.....$17-20🙄
    l3flcpghdbop.png

this is my current favorite nut butter.

edited July 2020
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,133 Member Member Posts: 7,133 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »

I like soup now more than I used to: it started when I had to take over the kitchen for my parents after they got sick. With some hubris and ambition, I decided to make chicken soup from scratch. First time around, it was a whole-day affair, but it was kind of exciting. Each time, things got a little better; it taught me a lot, including about the integrity and skill involved in making a good soup.

This time of the year, I enjoy tossing vegetables in my Vitamix and mixing up a week's worth of gazpacho. Similar is a salmorejo, and I think I'd like to try that this year too (https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/salmorejo), probably minus the jamon serrano. Winter time is for onion soup, which I have yet to really master, but it's a lot of fun trying!

I love gazpacho and haven't had it yet this year. I will fix that this week, thanks for the reminder!