The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Where do you keep the boat? My scuba club has a rib at Portland - hopefully she can start to get a bit more use now.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Well I qualify here now. I'm 31.

Follow me, friend me for my not so serious musings on losing weight.

Starting all over again for the 474628282937372nd time.

I thought that was your phone number for a second hahaha. Good luck
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have been baking up a storm this weekend: 6 batches of banana bread, chocolate cake with strawberry frosting (an order, not for me) and then donut holes. The result: I have nausea and heartburn. Heartburn?! The last time I had heartburn was when I was pregnant

I hope it sorts quickly Nadine. 🤗

Thanks Jo! You can share the cake for your birthday
    f0i2yqv5mq3y.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I have been baking up a storm this weekend: 6 batches of banana bread, chocolate cake with strawberry frosting (an order, not for me) and then donut holes. The result: I have nausea and heartburn. Heartburn?! The last time I had heartburn was when I was pregnant

f0i2yqv5mq3y.jpg

Omg 🤤 that looks so delicious
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Where do you keep the boat? My scuba club has a rib at Portland - hopefully she can start to get a bit more use now.
    She is moored in Plymouth. Just got a couple of jobs to do.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    So, I had an official weigh in of sorts and I recorded some measurements and need this group's help and input:
    --Weight 221 from 231
    --% of Fat 27.9 from 31.6
    --Muscle Weight 150 (stayed same)
    --Hydration 49.4% which is low

Daily caloric intake Goal is 1500 (From Doc) - I am hitting between 1200-1400 during the week, on weekends I do and can go over 50-100 calories.

Daily workouts 40 min cardio intervals
    Mon, Wed, Fri - Push-ups and Crunches

I am worried i am losing too much too fast, I am strict with food, but i notice hunger during weekends.. Please share thoughts here, friend me for ongoing support, motivation, collab - Thank You!

Hey brother looking great. I really started with my getting healthy about 4 weeks ago. I've gone from 235.5 to as of this morning 224.2 (I had a cheat day that was sadly full of sodium and I feel it this morning). Not sure about my other numbers, but my pants are fitting better so that is a big NSV for me.
    I've been doing basic calisthenics everyday.... walk/jog 5k twice a week. About to kick it up a notch next week. H2O I try to get at least 3-4 liters a day.
  • Mrbond_007
    Mrbond_007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    21 in mind....42 year old body disagrees 😬
  • _Southern_Kev
    _Southern_Kev Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Y'all. Time to get all Carpe Diem on it.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Happy Monday to one and all - After a cheat day turned into a cheat weekend... ouch I feel it today.... Back to basics for breakfast - 3 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal... with several cups of java!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hooray for Monday!!! We get our new fridge either today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed they can get it into the kitchen. The problem with older houses is new appliances. In the 1930s fridges weren't that big!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Bob, Im 380 my highest weight. Im determined to get to 180 this time. im 41 so if I dont do it now its probably hopeless. Join me on my journey if this resonates then add me please.

You're in the right place, Bob. Almost everyone here has made numerous attempts to lose weight. More than I can count for myself. Figuring out a long term plan with sustainable life changes was the key for me. And the support and encouragement helped me a lot.
  • wanderwoman2020
    wanderwoman2020 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

f0i2yqv5mq3y.jpg

😍😜🤤
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is 62 too old for this group?
  • Ranchin_Around
    Ranchin_Around Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Almost 44 here. Back on the train as of today. Filled with shakes and salads!

That cake thou..... my goodness. I can look and not touch!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Age is just a number. All are welcome
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Definitely not too old :) hello, and welcome
  • RandJ6280
    Options

Nah,never brother, welcome.
  • TerminatorFRS86
    TerminatorFRS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    41, looking for others aswell!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Nice hike up Marys Peak. I was going to head out for a longer hike, but opted for a shorter option to get home and try out the smoker I inherited since I put some fresh albacore in marinade this morning. So glad I went. It was one of those rare day where you could see waves hitting the coast and the Cascade volcanoes.

cu7l3ju6hl7f.jpg

auxryz4wzt3y.jpg

ndhu5zyc3avv.jpg

2hq6ongklwf7.jpg

eayzug0lmtt0.jpg

Now to wait a couple hours for the fish to smoke.

4ihmdbivzxjv.jpg

Definitely enough room in that thing for much more than a one-pound albacore loin.
  • ruther345
    ruther345 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything to take this weight off. I hate to say it but I am quite discouraged. I thought if I would reach out to some other mfp people I could get motivated to keep trying. I love to hear what others are doing on their weight loss journey. Thanks for hearing me out.