Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water -- MEASURE IT!!
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Collect all recyclable & put in bin; take bin to curb
    Collect all trash (including from frig), put in bin, take bin to curb
    Yardwork: water hanging plants
    Create grocery order for delivery from Kroger

Finally relatively pain free. Going to ease my way back into my routines. I've lost track of all the things I need to get done so will create a master To-Do list today. There are a couple of items I really need to get started on so will set goals for those two items.

Have a great day Y'all !! 🌞
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    @Snowflake1968 GS was delighted to get it. Of course everyone was dying to read it, but he just put it in his bag and smiled. He has had access to the document while we were writing it, so he has been reading it already. The book was just something tangible to hand him at our ‘party’ yesterday. I want to do a couple of photo montages for him to add, then I will do a less personalised version for general consumption over the next couple of months.
  • TerriRichardson112
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves
    💜💜💜

⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: 0.2

JFTDCC

July Daily Goals: Week 3
      Su: ✅ Mo: ✅ Tu: We:
      Th: Fr: Sa:
      Working on strength/stamina: Very happy with the results of my efforts since the middle of June. I can work on the resultant weight gain. All my stats are in the normal range for my age/height.
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 27.1
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7 -> 30.1
      Calories < in the green 🐝
      Steps > 7500 🐝 8599
      Weight < 155 🐝
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🐝 80
      Active hours > 6 daily🐝 9
      Activities I got to do
      Meditation✅ walk/jog✅
      Make new mask✅
      Laundry fold/stow ✅
      Dog-sit/Play with DYD’s dog ✅
      watch TV✅ Puzzles✅
    • Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
      Monday Action Plan
      1. Up at 0645, pill, set timer, weigh😀
      2. Pets, walk😀
      3. Pill, cleanup😀
      4. On video 0755
      5. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi😀
      6. Weights at 11:30😀
      7. Lunch = salad + protein😀
      8. Dinner = health in a Bowl (make at 5pm)😀
      9. DFW at 6😀
      10. Treat at 8:30🤨—later than I intended, after 9
      11. Upstairs by 9🤨—not quite
      12. Layout clothes😀
      13. Plan workout time for Tuesday😀—weighs 11:30, walk after work
      14. Journal😀
      15. Meditate😀
      16. Lights out 9:45🤨—more like 10

Good day in terms of health and habits—met my key goals even if scale hasn’t rewarded me yet. Planning was key, or I wouldn’t have fit my exercise walk into my schedule. Got to see my friends via Zoom for our monthly Dining for Women meeting (11th anniversary for our chapter!), that was nice. Tomorrow I have a new recipe planned, otherwise much of the same!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Tuesday Action Plan
      1. Up at 6:15, pill, timer, weigh
      2. Pets, pill
      3. On camera 0655
      4. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
      5. Weights 11:30
      6. Lunch = salad + protein
      7. Walk after work
      8. Dinner = lemongrass chicken + cauliflower rice
      9. Treat at 0830: on a plate, me in chair
      10. Upstairs by 9
      11. Layout clothes
      12. Plan workout time for Wednesday
      13. Journal
      14. Meditate
      15. Lights out 9:45

July personal challenge
      Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
      July 13: 💪🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the mindset that I can start over after messing up.

WOTY: Habits
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      MONDAY:
      - Log everything🟢 / Stay green🟢
      - NO CHIPS🟢
      - Exercise🔴
      - Practice music🟢
      - Dishes🟢 / laundry🟢
      - Meal prep🟢

I was proud of myself yesterday for refraining from chips. I made tacos, which always have tortilla chips on the side. It was so hard not to use a chip and scoop up some meat when I was making the kid’s plates, but I kept my mouth shut! 🤐

JFT TUESDAY:
      - Log it all / Stay green
      - Exercise
      - Practice music
      - Pick up car from shop
      - Dishes / Laundry / clean dining room

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, I’ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. I’m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13
      👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙👙
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Monday: all food logged
      Tuesday ... you guessed it, log all food!
    • thelastnightingale
      thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
      merope2 wrote: »
      Monday: all food logged
      Tuesday ... you guessed it, log all food!

Sometimes the simple goals are the best. :)

My goal today is to stick to my allowance. I want to eat all of the food, and am really struggling, but I know it's just period insanity and that weigh-in day is tomorrow, and I just have to ride out the crazy hormones.

I find myself pre-logging meals in advance, then looking at the future meals and wondering if I can eat more now, by making that portion that tiny bit smaller... I hope I leave myself some calories for dinner at this rate! ;)

@littleblackskirt I'm on 1,200 calories, but I'm really short and right now, I move about as much as a coma patient, no lie. Back when I lived in the world of normal people, I could have lost the same amount of weight at about 1,600 calories. The amount of normal walking you do each day (or don't!) has a massive impact.
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member

JFT Monday 13th July

Log everything yes, even the bits I didn't want to
      Stay in the green just
      Back exercises no
      5 fruit and veg 6
      Walk 35 minutes
      Laundry yes
      Paperwork no

JFT Tuesday 14th July

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Paperwork
      Housework
      Babysit/dog sit
      Parents weekly shop
      Do not buy chocolate or crisps

I don't know if I'm doing right or not, but I've altered my daily calorie allowance. There seem to be 2 opinions on MFP, one saying 1200 calories is reasonable if you are fairly sedentary, and the other saying that is too low and you can lose on a higher amount. I know activity and height affect it, but just not sure what applies to me.
      So I've altered it to lose half a pound a week, and it's gone up from 1200 to 1470 calories. I'll give it a go for a few weeks. I seem to be stuck on 5lbs lost even aiming for 1200! I can always change it back if it doesn't work for me.

I hate the fact I had the answer to this as to why you might need more food to lose weight, but i can't remember what on earth it was lol!!
      You're right there is something about the two opinions but I would just try it like you say and see what happens, in the meantime I will have a quick look into what you said because I know I've seen it explained somewhere..
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member

Monday goals
      Stay green 😐 I was green... I think but margin pretty slim
      Only fruit and veggies for snacks
      No:beer, m&ms, ice cream or anything else as a snack that can’t be picked off a tree or vine❌ Had some ice cream (at least not a lot
      1 hr tempo ride after work✅

Tuesday goal
      2.5 hr sufferfest ride
      Stay green
      No beer
      No ice cream
      Only snack that can be picked from tree, vine or plucked out of ground
      Call UMR (I hate insurance companies)
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member
      JFT Goals
      - Weigh in :smiley: +0.4 lb disappointing
      - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
      - Check in with MFP :smiley:
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
      - 11:00 am Zoom virtual tour of University of Rochester :smiley:
      - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
      - Rowing workout, 1K warm up, 3 min rest, 5x 5K w/2min rest. :( Took a mental health day
      - Walk :(
      - Put away laundry :(
      - No cookies/candy :smiley:
      - No late night snacks :smiley:
      - No alcohol :smiley:
      - Bed by midnight :smiley:

Have a great day y'all!

Still in a funk yesterday and crazy tired from not sleeping well Sunday night. Decided to take a rest day, or a mental health day as that is really where I was struggling. Work was busy and I was tanked by evening. I tried taking a 15 minute power nap, but it just didn't cut it. ended up sleeping for a couple of hours.

Today should be my club ride day, but I have a dentist appointment at 5:00pm so no club ride, I may still ride, just solo. Thinking about taking a half day and going to ride. We'll see how things go at work today.

JFT Tuesday
      - Weigh in :smiley: down 0.4, and back to where I was on Sunday
      - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
      - Be kind to myself
      - Work on getting quote corrected for new equipment
      - Ride
      - Dentist
      - No cookies or candy
      - No alcohol
      - Log everything
      - Stay green
      - bed by 12:00

Chin up buttercup, today is a new opportunity to be awesome!
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

My goal today is to stick to my allowance. I want to eat all of the food, and am really struggling, but I know it's just period insanity and that weigh-in day is tomorrow, and I just have to ride out the crazy hormones.

I find myself pre-logging meals in advance, then looking at the future meals and wondering if I can eat more now, by making that portion that tiny bit smaller... I hope I leave myself some calories for dinner at this rate! ;)

@littleblackskirt I'm on 1,200 calories, but I'm really short and right now, I move about as much as a coma patient, no lie. Back when I lived in the world of normal people, I could have lost the same amount of weight at about 1,600 calories. The amount of normal walking you do each day (or don't!) has a massive impact.

@the last nightingale, that's interesting that you are also on 1200. I don't consider myself as short or petite, I'm 5'5" tall. Are you managing to lose weight when you can't move around?

I totally get what you mean about leaving enough calories for dinner, if I snack during the day I have hardly any left for dinner. It's depressing to log breakfast, and some extra calories for milk in my tea and coffee, and see I only have around 850 left for the rest of the day. It's strict isn't it?

Keep going and overcome your hormones :) It's my weigh in day tomorrow as well.
    • TerriRichardson112
      @HEGoddard0928 Congratulations 🥳 on reaching onederland 🎈 🎉 🎈
    • TerriRichardson112
      Eating too few calories can be the start of a vicious cycle that causes diet distress.
      When you cut your calories so low that your metabolism slows and you stop losing weight, you probably will become frustrated that your efforts are not paying off. This can lead you to overeat and ultimately gain weight.3 Apr 2009
      https://www.everydayhealth.com › f...

Weight loss with more food, fewer calories
      High energy density means that there are a lot of calories in a little food. Low energy density means there are few calories in a lot of food. When you're striving for weight loss, your goal is to eat low-energy-dense foods. This helps you feel fuller on fewer calories.
      http://wwwdiet.mayoclinic.org › diet › how-to-...
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
      edited July 2020
      Recap M 7/13
      1) Walk dog before work :smiley:
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings :smiley:
      2) Leftover take out & salad & strawberry shortcake for supper / net cals green / 14c water >:) Fine until evening snack of cashews
      3) Work progress / NHC to do list / call Robin w/ inquiries / Facebook Live noon / submit daily update / sign out of building 4:30 (Ellie hates when I'm slow at this) :) for all
      4) Haircut 5:30 / prep lunch/snacks/water bottle & overnight oats / prep blood spot test / complete test paperwork / one chore? :) for all
      5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT T 7/14 ~ rest day
      1) Blood spot test:after a.m. shower :)
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings
      2) Figure out protein for supper / net cals green / 14c water
      3) Work progress / organize papers & electronics for work from home until Mon. / submit daily update / sign out of building 4:30 (Ellie hates when I'm slow at this)
      4) Drop package at UPS / gas in car / mail niece bday card / one chore
      5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist