Options
    Allie: I hope Homer gets a good outcome and you get some rest. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Tumble to groomer, line dance class,
    Bonus: pre-dawn beach stroll with Joe and the pooches, Ace hardware for aerator, Post Office.
    Get to do: T’ai Chi, typing, board meeting, call pc guy re mic, invest 10 mins cleaning Guest Bt, carryover 30 Bdrms, 20 mins Office) 10 Mbt + LR; call USB re: paper loan statements; practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    15 walk when feeling overwhelmed: invited grieving friend to walk with another stressed out friend Thursday afternoon.

Machka
    those were lovely and fun things for your coworkers to do.
    Karen, yes, I was thinking more of the kinds of practical jokes intended to startle the victim or make her/him look foolish or lose their temper. Was asking because have been binge watching Good Bones an HGTV program about a family team that rehab homes in Indinapolis. They’re constantly setting each other up then laughing. I don’t find it funny, guess I just can’t take a joke ;}
    Michele thanks for the greaseless bowl and parchment paper tips. Think the bowl should be cold when whipping cream, not so sure about egg whites. Have you ever used the pasteurized egg whites in cartons?
    Sarah waves of good thoughts easing your son’s pain. No water? What is wrong with hospital toilets? Brava for hanging on!
    Kay those are exactly the kinds of “jokes” that I meant. Do people really have to make others look bad to feel better about themselves? SMH.
    Flea Grant Imahara 😢
    Rita I’d heard of horny toads but never expected to see one on a door mat ;)
    Rebecca mochi with bean paste. Yumm. Athena wants cake for breakfast. Oh yeah.
    Yvonne, welcome back, yes we missed you!!! Our governor has allowed massage therapists to open back up, with some strict guidelines for masking, screening clients, cleaning rooms between clients, etc. Hope your husband is able to practise again soon, people really need therapeutic massage in these stressful times.
    Katla ((hugs)) for your daughter’s loss.
    Tracey “...the rec center would frown . . .” You made me smile! Perhaps there will be a swimming hole near where you camp...
    Allie holding good thoughts for Homer.

Stuck with my resolution and went to dance class tonight. Guest instructor taught Turning Tables. Then our regular teacher kept us dancing til 8:15 (class usually runs from 6-7:30 or 7:45), so I AM POOPED. Taking an aspirin and heading to bed.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=9015 vits=14 log=14 CI<CO=13 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=12 clean 10 mins=8 outside=14 up hill=12
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=6 rx=2 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg= grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=8.75 play= sew=
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Tracey- The aerial tv is digital and we have hundreds of channels. I only watch about five of them! :D I can't quite believe we still have Freeview. We just pay the BBC licence fee, which everyone has to pay. We record on a digital recorder. Many people have cable, especially for the sport options, but DH gets a lot of sport from our BT wifi. He has recently been piggy backing on my son's temporary soccer subscription so it's non stop soccer on his laptop at the moment as they try to get the season finished after the covid. I think his team is safe now. He was worried they would drop out of the Premier League.
    Our old tv won't pick up much internet. Just ITV now. I use my tablet for catchup. It's included in our internet fee. We don't subscribe to Netflix or anything. We are just mean. I get a Guide every Saturday in my newspaper so I can plan my watching and recording for the week. Just occasionally we are stuck with watching the third repeat of Vera, but we do have recorded films in reserve.

I hate monthly fees in general. I have a thing about it. :o I think it's because my mother was always paying monthly for everything and we never had any money. It used to drive me nuts. It caused a lot of arguments when I was a teenager. The only thing I personally pay monthly for is Amazon Prime. And yes, I know their business practices are awful. :# I use the postal service every day for almost everything, food, toiletries etc and I read two free magazines a week on my tablet. Occasionally I watch a foreign language film with it. As I'm a magazine addict it saves me lots of money. DH watched a soccer match on it the other day.

The sun is shining. I have a Zoom today with two of my girlfriends. One is connecting from France. B) One is missing as she lives in Scotland and they are just coming out of lockdown and they are celebrating with a posh hotel in the countryside. She is hoping for a vigorous hilly walk.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    stats for the day:

bike ride home 2 work- 57.30min, 151mhr, 14amph, 13.39mi= 493c
    apple watch- 493c
    bike ride wrk 2 sumn sta- 2.48min, 11.1amph, 122mhr, .51mi= 24c
    Apple Watch- 22c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.51min, 9.1amph, 149mhr, 2.56mi= 167c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 684

Hi! Wonderful stats! I cant help but wonder- what is "apple watch"?
    It brings in mind Robert Frost's poem "after apple picking"...
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’ve almost stopped watching live TV since Covid as there are so repeats, then they put in good programmes at the same time on 5 different channels, and we can only record 2 of them. I use catchup or I player a lot.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Heather: PS: I don’t pay for any extras on anything. I use the free versions of apps. I refuse to line the pockets of the fat cats! 😂
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    stats for the day:

bike ride home 2 work- 57.30min, 151mhr, 14amph, 13.39mi= 493c
    apple watch- 493c
    bike ride wrk 2 sumn sta- 2.48min, 11.1amph, 122mhr, .51mi= 24c
    Apple Watch- 22c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.51min, 9.1amph, 149mhr, 2.56mi= 167c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 684

Hi! Wonderful stats! I cant help but wonder- what is "apple watch"?
    It brings in mind Robert Frost's poem "after apple picking"...

I wear two heart rate monitors. one is a chest strap that is wahoo fitness chest strap. the other is an Apple Watch that I wear on my wrist. sometimes (most of the times it seems) like the wrist heart rate monitor on my wrist can be 200 calories lower than my chest strap, especially on long rides. yesterday they were pretty close except for the last ride from the tacoma dome train station to home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    g45sugm22lfk.png

It's Day 5 after the surgery, but in the last 2 days I've been thinking ... maybe I should be up and about more. Maybe I should do some work even though I've booked 2 weeks off. Maybe I should try to get started on my last course of uni even though I don't have my first workshop until Thursday next week. Maybe I should get dressed and go out for a walk.

Meanwhile, I'm sleeping 11-12 hours a night and then going back to bed for 2 hours in the afternoons.

And only today I've been able to keep my eyes open most of the time during the hours I've been awake. Prior to today, I've had trouble keeping my eyes open because they've been so sore, sensitive to light, and I think the area around has been swollen. Plus I haven't been able to wear my glasses for more than a few minutes at a time.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara Perhaps you aren't laughing at the pranks the Good Bones family plays on each other because scaring, startling, fooling, humiliating, or embarassing other people isn't humorous. I don't think it has anything to do with whether you can take a joke. This genre of pranking is about power, not joking. <3

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm so psyched!!! My spouse saw an offer from one of her old high school classmates for milkweed seed!!! She asked if we could have some!!! Yassssssss!!!!!! butterfly-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen in Virginia

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Machka: it’s hard to break the habits of a lifetime. Seems to me that some serious R&R is called for. Just saying. No pressure.
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Pip!
    Now I get it..🙂
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s You Can Do Anything for a Minute DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Quick Fit Cardio Strength DVD.

Yvonne
    – I was just thinking of you yesterday and your posts about what day it is!

Rebecca – I’m spoiling Jess’ cat. It’s my duty. I would spoil PJ to the hilt just like I know you’d spoil Athenia. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise for her parents that you aren’t there…lol No, I know how hard it is

Katla
    – so sorry for your daughter. It’s very hard to lose a pet

Well, the Governor just said that we’re still in phase 2. Honestly, I’m beginning to think this is somewhat of a joke. The only businesses that have any restrictions are that restaurants can only be open to 50% of capacity, movie theaters aren’t open but I suspect that will change now that the courts have ruled that bowling alleys can open, skating rinks aren’t open but I think that might change. Otherwise, most things are open but maybe with limited hours. Oh, groups are limited to something like 10. Masks are mandatory but that rule isn’t enforceable so you still see people w/o masks. Unfortunately, the rec center (where we take ceramics) isn’t open. Hope that at least opens soon.

Katla
    – can you do some yoga DVD’s?

We want to get a railing for going down to the pool area and by the front steps. The guy is going to come here early today to see what can be done. In both areas the steps are rounded. But I know Vince said that he’s always concerned about kids at Halloween. I worry more about people going to the pool area.

Lynette and that she and Ken were going to come over after dinner to go swimming. She mentioned that she’d like to get Ken out of the house and I thought this might be a good way. We won’t tell him that that’s the reason. He’s in a lot of pain since they reduced his pain meds. She wants to borrow out transport chair so that she can wheel him into the pain clinic next time to make it more dramatic how much pain he’s in. Plus…now he doesn’t have the distraction of work the pain seems more intense

When it comes to TV, one thing I really don’t care for is when they are doing cooking shows from home. I know that they need to, but to me it’s just a reminder of what we can no longer do. Oh well…. I do wish they’d have a show with healthy food/swaps

Karen VT
    – woohoowoohoo!!! How wonderful!!!

Tracey
    – and brownies for dinner and for a midnight snack donuts. Gotta keep a balanced diet, huh? Maybe for a change of pace, ice cream.

Barbara
    – I have used the egg whites in a carton and they didn’t whip up all that good

Went to the dentist yesterday and got the temporary bridge in. She gal was going to make an appt for it to be put in, but I told her that she should probably call since you don’t know if it’ll be in in 2 weeks, 3, 4 or even 5

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Michele - There are quite a few healthy eating cookery shows on our tv. Of course, that doesn't mean people are eating any healthier! :laugh: One thing that has happened because of the covid is that many more people have given up smoking. Obviously that is easier than eating healthier. ;) Boris is making noises about the dangers of being obese with covid, but I'm not sure many are listening. So many people at high risk are not shielding as they don't recognize the danger just from their weight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    sssss
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Oh Athena wants something, and I would most likely just give it to her! Cake for breakfast? Sure thing!😁
    👍💖
    Rebecca

I do that with my nieces and nephews. They love hanging out with me. If they want cake for breakfast, I have no problem. Expensive Lego set? Sure. Why not? Nice leather boots? You betcha! Yes, I spoil them, but I see them once a year if I'm lucky.

Tina in CA where it smells a lot better today.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    g45sugm22lfk.png

It's Day 5 after the surgery, but in the last 2 days I've been thinking ... maybe I should be up and about more. Maybe I should do some work even though I've booked 2 weeks off. Maybe I should try to get started on my last course of uni even though I don't have my first workshop until Thursday next week. Maybe I should get dressed and go out for a walk.

Meanwhile, I'm sleeping 11-12 hours a night and then going back to bed for 2 hours in the afternoons.

And only today I've been able to keep my eyes open most of the time during the hours I've been awake. Prior to today, I've had trouble keeping my eyes open because they've been so sore, sensitive to light, and I think the area around has been swollen. Plus I haven't been able to wear my glasses for more than a few minutes at a time.

M in Oz

Machka, it's fine for you to take time off. Enjoy it while you can. Your life will be busy again soon enough. :smiley:

Tina in CA