Women 200lb+, Let's Jump For Joy This July!!!

Options

Replies

• micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time again!

29F - 5'4"
    SW: 224
    July GW: 199.9
    UGW: 120

7/5: 208.4
    7/8: 207.6 (-0.8)
    7/15: 206.4 (-1.2)

Weekly goals:
    Log 100%
    Work out 5-6 times a week
    Stay within calorie goal

I feel a little disappointed that I didn't lose more but I have to remind myself that I'm I'm starting ToM tomorrow so I'm probably retaining a lot of water too.

Today's my brother's birthday so I need to not over do it on cake and budget calories throughout the day. I also need to not stress eat because I got some very bad news about a relative last night. We'll see what happens but I'm bracing for the worst.

Exercise-wise I started level 2 of the 30 day shred but my knee if starting to hurt again. I had to modify level 1 to not use jumping jacks because the last two times I did it I hurt my knee and had to stop. The first time my doctor told me "You're too fat to do jumping jacks. You shouldn't even be going up stairs" and it made me cry but I don't think 200lbs in your 20's means you shouldn't go up stairs. Anyway this time I got through level 1 just fine but level 2 is much higher impact.

I think Squid’s squad here needs to go have a word with that doctor. That is NOT the way to inspire health and change. You just keep doing you. 💜
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time again!

29F - 5'4"
    SW: 224
    July GW: 199.9
    UGW: 120

7/5: 208.4
    7/8: 207.6 (-0.8)
    7/15: 206.4 (-1.2)

Weekly goals:
    Log 100%
    Work out 5-6 times a week
    Stay within calorie goal

I feel a little disappointed that I didn't lose more but I have to remind myself that I'm I'm starting ToM tomorrow so I'm probably retaining a lot of water too.

Today's my brother's birthday so I need to not over do it on cake and budget calories throughout the day. I also need to not stress eat because I got some very bad news about a relative last night. We'll see what happens but I'm bracing for the worst.

Exercise-wise I started level 2 of the 30 day shred but my knee if starting to hurt again. I had to modify level 1 to not use jumping jacks because the last two times I did it I hurt my knee and had to stop. The first time my doctor told me "You're too fat to do jumping jacks. You shouldn't even be going up stairs" and it made me cry but I don't think 200lbs in your 20's means you shouldn't go up stairs. Anyway this time I got through level 1 just fine but level 2 is much higher impact.

Sorry to hear about your relative, sounds like you've got a lot going on but I have no doubt you'll continue to smash this month!

Wow, that doctor could have used a little sensitivity.. it sounds like the shoe has never been on the other foot for them.. I recognise extra weight when jumping isn't good for the knees but they could have used their supposed education or common sense to know you can also modify the move to do it without a jump too! You've got fire within you to improve your fitness, keep on blazing :) I did the PE with Joe Wicks for 5 days a week for a month and I had to stop as it was aggravating my knees too much so know what you mean though.

I used to do the 30 day shred on level 1, never got to level 2 (is it a lot lot harder?) but eager to get back to that. I've started a 2 week shred challenge by Chloe Ting - granted I can't do all the moves for varying reasons and at my weight I won't end up with 11 line flat ab going on by the end but hopefully will build my fitness back up.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Level 2 of the 30 day shred is a good bit harder but I also found the exercises more fun. The problem is it's much higher impact. I'm actually taking a break from the 30DS so that my knee can recover and I'm doing HIIT on the elliptical in the meantime.

As for the doctor I don't see her anymore. She was a doctor at my University. You'd think a big well known school like Temple would have better doctors but almost everything about that school was bad and abusive and I'm glad I left. Seriously I still have nightmares about being back there. :/
  • nessabrandonwilson
    nessabrandonwilson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im in physical therapy and i walk there on the days i have to go. im 263 now. i hope to get a scale since my kids broke mine to see more results. i love this month.