Women 200lb+, Let's Jump For Joy This July!!!

Replies

• shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    @pamiede sorry to hear of your emergency surgery. I'm glad it went well and I hope you are home soon! This is a stressful time to have to have emergency medical procedures, as if it wasn't stressful enough already.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @pamiede Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you are well soon!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I am an emotional eater too, eat when I'm happy or eat when I am sad, excited, nervous you name it. I think that is why intermittent fasting is working so well for me. Is simple, I am either allowed to eat or not allowed to eat. If its past my eating window I will have to wait and eat it when I am allowed again. Usually by the time I get to my eating window I feel happier to eat healthy again. Not for everyone but I feel like it is working for me and hopefully I'll learn when I am really hungry along the way too. Admire anyone who manages to tackle the emotions around eating head on!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Weigh in day for me on monday, 🤞 but I know I'll have gone up as is TOM

I have found that intermittent fasting works well for me too. It's much easier for me to set specific times that are for eating, and to stick to those, than to gauge the hungry / full feeling. Plus I'm simply not that hungry in the mornings. I'm going to add this in for the next few weeks in July and see how it goes! Thanks for the encouragement.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,090 Member
    sweetirish wrote: »

Also, easier to avoid snacking because you don't want to get your nice yarn all greasy! Knitting is great for anxiety, I did cable cardigan in lockdown.

LOL I read trashy romance novels - 13 in a 6 week timeframe while I was on loan to the state's 211 office answering panicked phone calls. Then I switched to books about famous horses...another 2 books there, and then a biography on Marilyn Monroe. After that it was nice enough to play in my garden so I haven't picked my kindle back up in weeks.

I love trashy romances too! I read pretty much anything!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,090 Member
    @wanderinglight love the mug!
    @micwrites great decision on the guy!
    @darksunapril and @wanderinglight thanks for the reminders, I did great with intermittent fasting earlier this year, you have inspired me to get back to it. I was doing 16:8. I accidentally started today by getting up late and spending too long in the bath, followed by being too lazy to go to the shop because I had run out of spinach to go with my eggs for breakfast, hey presto, it was lunchtime! I also don't feel hungry in the mornings and although I'm not naturally an evening snacker, my partner is so if I'm doing 16:8 it helps me to resist if my window is closed.
    @pamiede I hope you're feeling better and make a good recovery. Sending hugs xx
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited July 2020
    micwrites wrote: »

@wanderinglight I love my cup! Thank you! I am still laughing. If I hadn’t cut off all contact I’d be tempted to text a picture to the offending as#%^*+ but I will refrain. I’ll post it on my vision board along with the rest of my future plans .... 💙

I'm so glad you like it! It's actually part of my "pandemic series" of mug designs but it works equally well for stupid ex-boyfriends :)

Wait do you sell this, because I need dis.