11/07 10km
    13/07 7km
    15/07 7km
    17/07 7km
    19/07 7km
    21/07 7km
    23/07 7km

Total 92km of 100km for July

Last night's run went better, the temperature and humidity have dropped a little bit and I immediately got back to 6:30 min kms. So yeah, thanks for the great advice @katharmonic and @PastorVincent. I'll make sure I'm putting in the effort, even if I'm slow, and hopefully I'll be able to see some good gains in September or so. Once these last four pounds are off, I'll also start back with my weekend long runs and drop back to 3 runs a week.

My current non-mileage goal is to keep with the every other day run. Mainly just because it looks cool!

Goals for the year:
    1. Get back down to a decent running weight (currently set at 160lb)
    2. Run a sub-60 minute 10K
    3. Run a race this year, hopefully.

Current races planned:
    14/06 Lincoln 10K - Postponed. Running for fun instead
    17/10 Autumn Richmond Riverside Run (10K)
    01/11 Lincoln 10K - new date. Here's hoping
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Morning!

I ON PURPOSE did not come to work as early as I usually do. My daughter wanted to go to the Summer Program, which I have kept her out of because of you-know-what. There are only three to five kids sin her group and they are following more stringent safety protocols than my job, so I thought.... well, they're all wearing masks. So I let her go. These months of nearly zero social interaction have not been good for her. Maybe this is just what she needs. She was so excited and even put a lot of effort into her outfit. She has these pins (like the emo kids wore in the 90's and 2000's) that she pinned all over her overalls, and I was proud because she's SO herself with no regard for what anyone might think. And. I. LOVE. That. When I was fourteen.... lord, I don't even want to talk about it, lol. I'll just say I was NOT as confident as her. The pins she's wearing range from Spongebob to rainbows to R2D2 (is that the name of the robot on Star Wars?) to hearts to Dr. Who... she is one cool cat.

Anyway. As happy as I am for her about today. I really hope this wasn't the worst decision of the year.

My son had no desire to go and I didn't make him because of you-know-what and he doesn't have as many friends there as my daughter does so he's not getting the social interaction either way. No need to push him too hard into something that doesn't benefit him as much.

We are going to the drive-in movie theatre on Sunday night to watch Back to the Future and I am pretty happy with that.

@Faebert thank you so much! I really believe in you - and I believe in future you who will look back and say, "Look how far I've come!"

@TheMrWobbly your comment reminded me of that Deathcab for Cutie song, "I will follow you into the dark." So thanks for that! It's playing RIGHT NOW!

@hamsterwheel6 I don't blame you for not running in the heat. And I admire you for the treadmill running. I can't anymore. Maybe like a mile. But I hate it so much. Funnily, a year ago, I was NOT an outdoor runner AT ALL. I thought I could ONLY run on a treadmill.....

@Tramboman yeah, screw your body that's screaming at you! You can do so much! You are so consistent! Also eat some tumeric + black pepper for inflammation! If that's even the issue. If it's not, eat it anyway! It's good for you!

@PastorVincent I love those photos!

Tomorrow I will go stake out what's called The Back 40 for the next ultra, which is in like two weeks, and is 52K. I think it's a 23 mile loop, so if I start at Slaughterpen and park where I normally do, then run to the Back 40, do that loop 1.3 times, then run back to my car, I'll get all 52K. My goal tomorrow though is to just run maybe seven miles in and see what there is to see, where the bathrooms are, where water is, and assess the situation. I am going to do some recon, if you will.

i have intended all week on lifting and PT but have not done it. Tonight would be a good time to do it, after I drop the kids with their dad.... Just have to really make myself. Bleh.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly Unfortunately no. It's US only. I wish it was. I have had other people outside the US interested. I would guess it's the shipping costs. ☹
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @shanaber I forget how many posts this group can generate in the blink of an eye. I just finished up a three-day custody trial and close to 10 pages have blown by...lol! My running has been a little erratic, but I am planning on getting more involved in the August thread with monthly goals again... and I am still around 21 pairs of running shoes, but I recently added some Xero Z-Trial Running Sandals, which are amazing. If all goes as planned, I hope maybe to run a 50k in them in the spring.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 And you? How are you doing?

upright, kind of walking. miserable emotionally. overall F.I.N.E ya know... :wink:
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    @InkedAtty57 ewwwwwwww custody trial! Gross! Glad you have a job, hope it all worked out okay for the kids involved. Reminds me of how much I have to be grateful for. The kids' dad and I agreed on my relocation and custody arrangement (he had no choice - he'd have lost a custody battle - he was not doing well at life during that time) and now he is in active recovery and able to be super dad during his time with the kids. We don't even hate each other now.

21 pairs of running shoes?!

Trial running sandals? Tell me more.
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I am registered for Scooby!

I got distracted this morning - I was trying to register in the car and then got to work and then... well, here we are. ;)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Good to have you back! If you plug your watch into your computer you can upload the run into Strava manually. When you log into Strava you click on the + in the top right corner and select Upload and then on the left side click on file and you can upload the FIT file.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso Good to have you back! If you plug your watch into your computer you can upload the run into Strava manually. When you log into Strava you click on the + in the top right corner and select Upload and then on the left side click on file and you can upload the FIT file.

Yah, I did that this morning. It's the workouts that haven't been sent to my watch that I will miss the most (and sleep tracking lol)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options

Yah, I did that this morning. It's the workouts that haven't been sent to my watch that I will miss the most (and sleep tracking lol)

I know what you mean. I miss the sleep tracking too. I hope they get it fixed soon, but it sounds like it was a huge problem. I feel sorry for the people who work there.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary @TheMrWobbly !
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options

I know what you mean. I miss the sleep tracking too. I hope they get it fixed soon, but it sounds like it was a huge problem. I feel sorry for the people who work there.

I figure I'll just wing next week based off of this week for running. I'm not really worried about anything. Even once they are back I suspect it will have issues with everyone's watch data trying to upload at once. Hopefully most people are understanding and don't lash out at employees when they can finally reach them.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

I figure I'll just wing next week based off of this week for running. I'm not really worried about anything. Even once they are back I suspect it will have issues with everyone's watch data trying to upload at once. Hopefully, most people are understanding and don't lash out at employees when they can finally reach them.

Yeah, I am just going to wait for it and sync when all done. The watch still tracks WHILE I run and that really is the biggest part of why I have it. To easy for me to slow down, cut short, etc otherwise.

It must not be a fun time there right now for the poor tech people.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    07/01-07/23: 33.5
    07/24: 2.3

Garmin is down, that's a bummer 🙄

exercise.png
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648... It's actually 20 pairs with the sandals... I exaggerated. The Xero Trail Z running sandal is awesome. I run in zero drop running shoes, a lot of them being minimalist as well. I like getting as close to barefoot as possible, these sandals are it. I haven't gone over a 10 mile run in them yet, but I am not seeing any issues with going a lot further in them.