Women 200lb+, Let's Jump For Joy This July!!!

1141516171820»

Replies

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @pamiede I'm so impressed with how you have handled your unexpected surgery. You are really committed to getting back to your walking. It's very inspiring!
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe: Yes, an emotional eating workbook that I've had on my side table for about a month now :* Anywho, it was recommended by my doctor's office and you can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Eating-Workbook-Step-Step/dp/1626252122/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=emotional+eating+workbook&qid=1596202805&sr=8-3
    Can't give any reviews or recommendations but I'll keep y'all posted on it if interested.

I'll move on over to the August thread after I consider new/continuing goals - #alwaysaworkinprogress

Have a great day all!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Name: Jane
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: 175 ? Not sure
    6/30 weight: 177.0

Weekly tracking:
    7/4: 176.2
    7/11: 174.5
    7/18: 172.9
    7/25: 172.9
    7/31: 172.9

July goals:
    Maintain my weight between 172 and 177 ✅
    Continue to log food daily ✅
    Run a half marathon ✅
    Continue to run 4x week ✅
    Get at least 45 "active" minutes a day✅
    Get at least 10,000 steps ✅

Very pleased with how I did this month. I jumped up in weight mid week because hot weather makes me retain water, but I landed right back where I was 2 weeks ago.

I've finished my learn to row class and joined the rowing club. I can sign up for rowing 3xs a week. Between rowing and running, I'll be getting plenty of exercise. They are great cross training for each other too.

I want to give a shout out to @Pamiede for walking a mile today. And you lost weight, despite being in recovery from surgery. You are amazing. I'm so impressed.

And @MuttiNM - Wow! An incredible rate of loss for you. It is unusual to drop so much in one week (especially when you'll already lost over 100 pounds). But I would guess that the big drop is a reflection of fat loss that might have happened weeks before and was just hid by water weight.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe Great job on your 200 days. Enjoy pizza day. We are having Hawaiian take out.

@pamiede great progress for this month regardless of challenges.

@MuttiNM I do not know how you do it.

@wanderlight looking forward to watching your progress on the August thread.

@speyerj Nice to see you have rowing on the schedule.

250.4 -249 not a lot of loss for the month but I am going in the right direction. See you on the August thread.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    @mmdeveau - I know it can be hard for you to see, but I see it clearly. Look at your thighs, your arms, your hips. All of those are smaller. You are doing great, and the minor gain at the end of the month is probably due to the hot weather. It makes me retain water like nobody's business.

https://scientificamerican.com/article/experts-body-wieght-ambient-temperature/

I think the last few pounds are always the hardest to lose, but remember, we can take our time. We've got the rest of our lives to keep this up, after all.

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    32F, 5’3”
    SW: 245
    Goal 1: 220
    Goal 2: 200
    Goal 3: 185 **Previous LW**
    UGW: 140-170 (will reassess closer to goal)

Week 4
    Scale bounced all over this week, but my baseline wouldn’t budge until today (& even then, only 0.8lbs). ToM began today, so 🤷🏻‍♀️. Last month I gained nearly 5lbs during ToM, so maybe if I’m lucky this means that afterwards I’ll see a drop...?

Down 15lbs total so far! 🥳

Goals:
    🌺 No snacking after 8pm: 6/7
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @mmdeveau I agree with @speyerj . I can also easily see differences between the 2 pictures. As she said, you are smaller everywhere. And you definitely do NOT look pregnant! You've done a great job so far and it looks like you crushed your goals for July!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    @mmdeveau
    Absolutely a difference between the two. Your face, waist, hips, thighs, arms... You look fabulous!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---
    (1) Log everything; Drink 10+ water; minimize sodium where possible
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps) 5 days each week / LOG
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter / LOG
    (4) Do stretches and Yoga 5 days each week / LOG
    (5) Stay within MFP daily goal; not exercise adjusted goal / LOG
    (6) Once each week, get out of the house and do something FUN

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo
    Do Yoga

Basically stayed the same for the month of July. To say I'm disappointed in myself is an understatement. However, I choose to turn it into a positive and think, rather, about how far I've come. I went into full lockdown near the beginning of March. I knew I'd gain a large amount of weight if I didn't proactively do something ... so chose to rejoin MFP and focus on losing lbs and getting healthier. I also quit smoking at the same time. Most people say not to do both at the same time ... but it was the right decision for me. I'm actually struggling more with losing weight; not smoking has not been an issue. So, the positive -- I've lost 17.4 lbs!! This during a time when many would have gained.

I've spent quite a bit of time this past week deciding how to move forward successfully. I reviewed and tweaked my goals and rewrote them as SMART goals. I looked at my original WHYs for losing weight and quitting smoking. Thought about what was holding me back. Decided my cravings, late night snacks, stress eating were causing me to perform less successfully than I'd like. So, I need to find alternatives when those situations crop up. Because I recognize that I need to incorporate more exercise into my daily routines, I've decided that when those cravings, etc occur, I will counter with doing some form of exercise. I think 5 minute bursts may do the trick ... squats, lunges, lifting 3 lb weights, etc.

I also recognize my need to do things that will keep my focus and motivation on track. To this end, I intend to participate more in MFP, listen to some podcasts as I do my daily tasks, and to read articles such as those found in web sites such as Lifehack. One thing I've always enjoyed doing is research. So every 3-4 days I'll choose a topic and do online research on it. Topic could be tied to weight loss, motivation, focus, or something of interest that I heard on the news.

OK ... that's my new plan for August. So, here's a toast 🍷 to you and me -- Here's To US!! ... One Month from now we can be in a completely different place mentally, spiritually, financially, and physically. Keep working and believing in yourself!!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,155 Member
    @mmdeveau I can also see a big difference in the pictures, your belly looks flatter, there is more daylight between your thighs, you've lost a chunk off your upper thigh/butt too. Keep it up!
  • cesse47
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 3.4 lbs for month of July (18.8 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 08/01 -- gain = 1.4 lbs -- (17.4 lb total loss to date)

August Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 6.2 lbs or 1.5/week)
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

AUGUST GOALS ---

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- STILL need to do
    Do Yoga

So, spent time pondering my goals, my reasons for this journey, my motivators, etc. I tweaked my goals to be SMART goals. July was a struggle. Gained and lost, gained and lost. Felt I'd lost my focus which definitely affected my motivation, my commitment. I think that by re-thinking I've put myself back on a successful path ... here's hoping!!

I just can't seem to get off the ground with reorganizing, cleaning, etc my bedroom. I think it's because I don't like it. Granddaughter set it up a year ago when she moved in using her old bedroom set which is made of dark wood. I do NOT like dark wood. I know that seems like such a small reason ... but it is what it is. Just need to suck it up and get the work done. Before I can think about replacing any of it, I need to remodel the bathroom and get a couple of other home maintenance things done. Soooooooooooooo ... *slapping myself Jethro-style* ... I'm going to do this like my decluttering ... I'll work on it in 15 minute chunks using a kitchen timer. I set the timer for 15 minutes, do as much as I can, and stop when the timer goes off. Then do the same each hour or so. Maybe I can at least get a good start today. I think I'll start at 9am. Fingers Crossed!! 🤞
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    edited August 2020
    Isaias kept us off our bikes on Monday but we are back at it today!!👏🏽👏🏽

6add6uda6amd.jpeg
  • cesse47
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

292.6 lbs - weighin on 03/21 -- ( 160 lbs - Total Loss to date)

April - Mini Goal -- 288 lbs - (need to lose 4.6 lbs or 1.0/week)
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

APRIL GOALS ---

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Feed & Water animals
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo -- Do 15 minutes
    Do Yoga

So, it's been a full year since I began MFP and I made it without quitting!! And, I lost 16 lbs this past year during the Pandemic and with all the other challenges the year threw at me. YEA ME!!!

I withdrew from all threads and groups last year ... except one. I stayed with my F2F group ... but only posted there on my weekly weighin day. I think I'm ready to start posting daily again without being overwhelmed by everything going on. So, will begin with my F2F group and this thread ... F2F to hold myself accountable and this thread to help me organize my day.

Fingers Crossed!! 🤞