August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @rheddmobile - can you post the link to the eRacism Challenge? I would like to check it out - TIA
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @rheddmobile - can you post the link to the eRacism Challenge? I would like to check it out - TIA
    Here you go!

https://www.eraceracismbgr.com
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a monthly question to start us off with?

A monthly question.
    This year has been challenging mentally, emotionally and physically (for some of us). How are you coping? What do you do to get back on track? What challenges do you face and how are you managing them? (hint: if you are not it's time to do so).
    or
    Remember when you were 10-13 ish? What were your favorite after school shows, snacks, activities, favorite memories and friends or pets?

I have tried to remind myself that some things are just out of my control and that if I do my best with what I can do, I just have to trust the process will go as it should. I think if we don’t say this to ourselves, it can be detrimental. I had extreme anxiety for a long time, and it has taken years of applying the skills I teach my own clients in therapy, plus a good antidepressant, to get to a manageable place. I try to take time for myself each day to do something for myself, whether it be running, reading, coloring/drawing/painting, etc.

Oh geez, I’m trying to remember what I did as a pre-teen. I loved music, especially the early 90s alt rock. I had a couple of cats at the time. I was a nerdy kid, so after school, I did academic team with my life goal of going on Jeopardy (still a life goal).
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited August 2020
    8-1 rest

August Total: 0k
    August Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k

2020 Total through July: 1236k / 176.5k per month

Rest day today. Playing golf instead of running. Looks like we'll get a little wet.

Regarding the issues we face, I try to just roll with the punches, and am thankful that most of the punches I have to roll with are merely "love taps," especially compared to what many have gone through/are going through.

As a wee lad, it was sports and the outdoors that occupied my free time -- especially basketball, football, baseball, and fishing. I, too, loved music, and can still remember the words of many songs from the late 50s and early 60s.

Temperature is what it is. I try to run early when it's hot, and don't obsess over pace or time.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    4 mile run this morning. It was 81, feels like 89, with 86% humidity when I finished.

Spending the rest of the day running errands and then enjoying the coolness inside with a book.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    I think I was glutened and it's been so hot that I took yesterday off and today I might try some yoga or hop on the bike.

It was 101 at 1 am Friday. We are breaking all kind of records for July.

Oh yuck, I hate that. There are so many little places wheat can sneak in. Freaking annoying.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Welcome, @msapplek!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2020
    mahmood_ak wrote: »

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the image (img) tags around that link. So it will look something like the following (but removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]
    :wink: quote and copy and paste if ya like. I use to keep mileage/ticker in a word document or notes on the mobile then paste in to the thread.
    exercise.png
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member

I think I was glutened and it's been so hot that I took yesterday off and today I might try some yoga or hop on the bike.

It was 101 at 1 am Friday. We are breaking all kind of records for July.

Oh yuck, I hate that. There are so many little places wheat can sneak in. Freaking annoying.

I had pizza from a restaurant and I suspect that was the culprit. I think a tiny but of cross contamination because it's not super bad. Mostly feel tired and like I'm fighting a migraine today.