Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Thank you so much kristen. I'm more than determine. My weigh in days will be on Saturdays if that is ok with you.

That is just fine.
  • Hi Everyone! Thanks Kristen for organizing this group. The chart looks awesome.

I'm Susan...41 yrs old. Mom of two girls 18 & 9. I'm very excited about this challenge. I joined MFP 6 mths ago. Did great during March and April, then May was not so great. Got back on track June and July, then August was not so great. So here I am. I need to do this once and for all. I lose weight SO slow but I am gonna do my best to reach my goal of 20lbs for this challenge. I'm really looking forward to being part of a group and motivating each other. :)
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Thank you so much for putting the challenge and chart together! It looks awesome :)

I had a great weekend, but ate poorly, so decided to weigh myself this morning and am actually UP 2.4 pounds from my start weight, so I will have to work REALLY hard to try and at least break even for our first weigh-in.

I am happily married and have 3 kids ages 26, 15 and 4 (boy, boy, girl). I've been at my job for almost 17 years and still love what I do--but I do sit at a desk all day.

Anyway--here's to all of us--we can do this! :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Thanks so much Kristen for getting the chart organized it looks great !
    A bit about myself i have been on myfitnesspal since mid January and have lost 52.5 pounds i did not like at all the pictures of myself at Christmas last year that was like the point where i was like i am taking care of myself and going to loose weight and thats what i am doing . I have a great family . 4 very important people in my family are my 3 neices and my 1 nephew ! I will be 38 this month and i am very happy that i am getting my weight off now instead of later !
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Thank you Kristen for the awesome chart and group setup. I really appreciate you taking over the challenge. Looking forward to losing with you all.

I'm Denise, turn 39 next month, I often forget my age lol. I have worked for a custom high end builder for the last 11 years as his office manager/accts payable/accts receivable/basic right hand man lol. My husband works from home as an underwriter and it should be helpful but most of the time it's not. We have 2 beautiful kids, nick who turns 7 on the 18th and Emma who turns 4 on the 15th.

Okay onto my journey...
    I decided on 1/1/08 that it was time for me, my daughter was 3 months old and I was done having kids...I set a goal to reach 199 by 12/31/08. I didn't make it that year or the next. Christmas 2010 I made it under 200...from there it has only gone down down down. Today I weigh 175.8. I got down to 174 in July but made my way back up to 185 after a 2 wk vacation. I don't have a set time that I "must" reach my goal but I would love to be there by late winter 2012 - 4yrs from my start. My goal is 140-150 but I'll decide the "end" goal when I get closer. I am also seriously considering a tummy tuck when I get near my goal weight. It will be my gift to myself for all my hard work. I'm also going to get a gold star tattoo on my hip after my surgery as a reminder of my journey and where I came from.

I have been using the MFP app since Feb 2010 and active on the website since June 2010. I love love love the support and friendships I have developed with the people on this site. It is an amazing community.

Good luck to everyone on this challenge, we can do amazing things in the next 16 wks...
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Good luck to everyone on this challenge, we can do amazing things in the next 16 wks...

I agree! Even though my body wants to be as slow as molasses at losing weight, my last 18 week challenge I was able to go from 169.4 to 151.2. We can do it! REALLY!

On to something else... I was thinking about where I want to write this. I figured that there is more of us on here than my MFP friend list. Maybe, if I write it here, it can motivate someone else... Yesterday I drove for three hours. Last night, I slept in a relative's bed and slept TERRIBLE. Got up this morning and drove for three more hours. I have been dragging all afternoon and evening. I'm not really interested in working out tonight and haven't done any yet today. My scale is also STINGY about letting the numbers go down. What am I going to do? I'm going to do SOMETHING! Either treadmill, elliptical, or both. When am I going to do it? RIGHT NOW, since I have written that I will!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Thank you Kristen for all of your hard work - the chart looks simply wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    THANK YOU KRISTEN!!!!!!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
    and the scale WILL move for you!!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    Up and running!!! Beautiful chart Kristen!! Thank you!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Awesome chart. Thank you for putting the challenge together and making us an awesome chart to go with it :flowerforyou:

I'm Sarah, 28 and really need to lose weight for medical reasons. My blood pressure is high and I'm in danger of becoming diabetic. Not to mention how much I struggle just walking around. I gained 80lbs after being put on medication for epilepsy. This probably wasn't helped by the fact I've been basically housebound for 2 years due to my husbands job, where we were living and the fact I'm not allowed to drive. I decided to ditch the epilepsy meds as they were causing more problems than just weight gain and then we got word we'd be moving and all thoughts of getting fit went out the window as we prepared for the move.

We moved to Germany at the beginning of June and I decided to start my journey again when we got here. 3 weeks in I'd lost 4lbs and was doing well when we got a phone call to say my dad had had a massive stroke (he came home this week with only double vision to show for his ordeal). Back to the UK we went. For the next 2 months I did nothing but eat and go visit my dad in hospital. Somehow I only gained 4lbs. I came back to Germany 3 weeks ago and started MFP again a few days later. So far I'm 3lbs down.

Good luck to everyone!
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Hey Kc. Thanks for this great followup challenge. My starting weight is 175 and my goal weight is 15 lbs in 16 weeks.

My mother is taking me to Las Vegas (all the way from va beach) for my 25th b-day Thanksgiving week and I would love to get back on track and look great for my trip!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    The chart look great! Thank you for doing this! We have a great team, everyone will do awesome!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Thanks so much Kristen the chart looks great!!!

A little about me my name is Charmaine I am 36 the mother of 4 beautiful children 2 boys and 2 girls. I started this weight loss journey in 2005 when I saw a pic of me in a bathing suit and me and my hubby both looked like beach whales we both agreed it was time to do something about this sad to say I havent been out in public in one since then so my christmas gift to myself is to finally hit goal and to be able to wear one and post the pic here!!

I recently moved to NC and I am still trying to adjust and get things in place which has threw me off track but I plan on getting completly back in order soon. Then I will be starting grad school in Oct. so the house has to be straight for sure.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    This is my second time around with this group of lovely ladies. A little bit about myself.

I have been on MFP since July 2010 and have lost 24 lbs. That has been my lowest since
    I started here. I am up a few pounds now since the Labor Day weekend but I am getting
    down to business to conquer this again with Hubba Hubba. :bigsmile:
    I have two beautiful daughters 28 and 30. My youngest just got married last November in
    Jamaica and we had 42 people there. Awesome time!
    My oldest daughter is a Current Event Planner for a payroll association. She is single but
    has a promotion in the works. She is doing very well but would love for her find someone
    to love. My husband and I have been married for 37 years.
    I am Type 2 Diabetic, high bloodpressure and cholesterol. So my aim is get healthy and see
    my statistics go down. I am also 62 and may be one of the older ladies here. :ohwell:
    We all have our demons to conquer but we do this with the MFP program and all the support
    from our friends. :happy:
    So motivate each other as much as you can and come in here from time to time and let
    everyone know how you are doing plus all your struggles. We are here to help.

Good Luck Ladies I know you can do this. Just think Christmas will be here before you know it.

>>>>Stand tall, reach for the sunshine, and let your beauty show>>>>
  • Dawnrunner
    Dawnrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you for organizing us! I'm looking forward to seeing all the progress :flowerforyou:
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Good Morning all future Hubba Hubbas! :love:

I am SO focused today! Yesterday started off well, but ended not-so-well :noway:

Today is another day and I hear the gym calling my name!

Please feel free to add me--I'd love to support you in this challenge, and quite frankly, I can use all the support I can get!

Cheers! :drinker:

Sharon
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Heather, I'm 35 and a mother of four (17,16,14, and 10). Two girls and two boys. I'm on the 17 Day Diet and I'm super excited to lose all of the weight I need to. Unfortunately I seem to be up 2 pounds from my start weight (got a "visitor"). Hopefully I can get rid of all of the extra water weight before Monday weigh-in :( If not, I'll just have to try harder. Good luck to everyone!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Thanks for setting this up!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Kristen - great work fitting in a workout despite an exhausting day!

2 of my kids were off to school today & DD starts Kindergarten on Monday. Our YMCA is having a join special starting this weekend, so we are going to re-join (can't wait!)

I've got a 5K for Saturday & Sunday (powerwalking these as I am still working on my jogging power)

Looking forward to great results this week! I had gotten down to 196.9 during my last challenge (before vacation last week). I returned up to 198.6, so hoping I can get back to 196.9 or lower & keep on heading down!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Amy :)
  • last week wasn't a good week.... hopefully this week will be better!!!! Thanks for setting up this challenge... I am really excited!!!!