8/9 2.50
    8/10 snorkel 2 hours
    8/11 3.75
    8/12 off
    8/13 3.00
    8/14 off
    8/15 3.56

Total 26.81
    Happy anniversary to @rheddmobile and @PastorVincent (and anniversaries to @InkedAtty57 )

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

Big Island Challenge (virtually run 110 miles from Hilo to Kona by 9/27)

uxSIKHu.jpguxSIm10.png
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,626 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Well, the weather has come to the lockdown party once again here in Auckland. It's simply stunning. Running was a real joy this morning - about 12˚C, cloudless skies and not a breath of wind. Lockdown bonus: very little traffic. Lockdown killjoy: Every man and woman and their children on bicycles and toddlers on scooters and babies in pushchairs and dogs (on leashes, thankfully) were out enjoying the beautiful day too. But I'll forgive them because they were all very courteous and considerate and friendly.

I had a fab run. Usually Sunday is a 2 hour aerobic long run but today, in anticipation of my next half in five weeks, we're increasing intensity on the longer runs. Which actually meant my long run was shorter, but harder: 30 minutes aerobic, 30 minutes tempo, 30 aerobic. I fear next week it'll be back to 2 hours but with 30 minutes of tempo thrown in, and then 2 hours plus 30 minutes tempo to finish the following week. Trainers, while effective, are evil.

Anyhoo. Lovely day. Lovely run. New 10 mile PB. Happy camper here.

So envious. The weather here was equally stunning, but working and still no running.

I have a PT appt in 2 weeks, will start doing strength, then 2 weeks after that I'll hopefully start again. Fingers crossed

You’ll be back in no time, and stronger than ever. Remember to take care of yourself and build up your mileage slowly. You’ve got loads of time - you’re still young in runners years!!!
  • mahmood_ak
    mahmood_ak Posts: 15 Member
    exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Hey congrats!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited August 2020

Hey congrats!!!

Yay @ContraryMaryMary for your 10 mile PB! And 12°C sounds like a dream!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Oh big hugs @marisap2010! Sorry you are feeling so bad, and the pressure of work doesn't help. Hope you get (negative) results back soon!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    8-1 rest
    8-2 7k easy
    8-3 rest
    8-4 7k easy
    8-5 7k moderate
    8-6 7k easy
    8-7 7k easy
    8-8 7k slow
    8-9 7k easy
    8-10 rest
    8-11 7k slow
    8-12 7k easy
    8-13 11k slow
    8-14 7k easy
    8-15 7k slow
    8-16 7k moderate

August Total: 95k
    August Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k

2020 Total through July: 1236k / 176.5k per month

Sunny, low 60s F, with a 5 to 10 mph breeze from the southeast. Doesn't get much better for an August run.

Happy Anniversary to all who are celebrating!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    Happy Anniversary @kgirlhart ! Hoping you enjoy your day, even though it will be different.

@ContraryMaryMary Glad you had such an enjoyable run and congrats on the PB for 10 miles! Sorry about being back in lock down, but hopefully it will be back under control soon.

@ABabilonia Your puppy is really cute!

@marisap2010 Hope you get the headaches under control and that your test comes back negative.

@hamsterwheel6 Hugs to you. So sorry to hear about your cousin. Cancer is a horrible thing and CoVid makes it harder on the family since you can't be there with them.

@shanaber Glad you were able to get your run in. Sorry the PM is still causing you issues. Can you call them and let them know what it is doing? Maybe that way they will be ready with a fix when you have your next appointment. I can see how having a lower HR than it would normally be would make it hard to run.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    6 miles plus a little walking. 90F when I got there. At least there was a little breeze and some shade.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    @shanaber Definitely, my next pup will probably be a Labrador. Your dog looks super cute 🤗

@quilteryoyo Thanks!
  • PastorVincent
    So I realize not all of you have been doing this running thing as long as I have. So today let me give you a little advice... if you set out for a 10 mile run in 85 degree weather... MAKE SURE THE STRAW IS CONNECTED TO YOUR WATER BLADDER. Otherwise, you will spend the whole run trying to figure out how you ran out of water so fast...
  • PastorVincent
    Ugh, I’ve had continued headaches and fatigue for several days, so I went to the doctor. I had really bad migraines when I was younger, and while these aren’t quite to that level, I have felt pretty awful. Their solution was to take Tylenol and drink plenty of water (well,duh, that’s what I’ve been doing) and to give me a COVID test since we’d had positive cases at work and since these are possible symptoms. Now, I can’t go to work until the results come back, which is stressing me and making my head hurt worse because things are crazy at work, and I don’t exactly have confidence in some of my staff at the moment.

So, no running right now until I get these headaches under control.

Yuck! Hope they get to the bottom of it soon!
  • PastorVincent
    Been off for awhile. Have had some bad news recently - my cousin who is 48 is in ICU on a ventilator, unconscious.
    He has lymphoma, and though he had seemed to be better a few months ago after his last chemo, it came back and has now spread to other organs. It is just so sad. And I cannot go to Toronto without 14 day quarantine because of COVID-19. They are not giving him much more time.

I have been continuing my running - trying to still get about 20-25 miles a week, and spinning.
    Hugs and likes to everyone and Happy Anniversary too everyone "celebrating!"

Ah man, so sorry :(