August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls - Sorry about the poison ivy. Hope you get some relief soon!

08/01 - 2.55 miles
    08/02 - Rest Day
    08/03 - 2.44 miles
    08/04 - 0 miles
    08/05 - 0 miles
    08/06 - 0 miles
    08/07 - 0 miles
    08/08 - 5.73 miles (run/walk)

Foot was hurting to much this week to get in any running. Felt better this morning, so I set out for 5, but had to run/walk. Ran first mile, run/walk last 4 miles. My friend joined me for last 3. She much faster runner than me. She did notice I was still limping a little on the foot.

Going to try for 2-3 miles tomorrow morning.

Still trying to decide about my virtual half marathon in December. We have until Tuesday to make a decision about the race - deferring until next year, running virtual this year or even adding different distances to run.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent

I thought
    the general consensuswas he was still dreaming
    at the end of Inception.

It's been years though so I don't really remember.
  • mahmood_ak
    mahmood_ak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have never seen or heard of that movie. I'll have to look for it now. Sounds interesting.

@AlphaHowls You are amazing. I hope the meds help.

@ContraryMaryMary Congratulations! Sounds like you had an excellent run!

@PastorVincent Sorry you couldn't get the sink fixed. Guess it's time to call a plumber.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    We discussed dreams a good bit in one of my graduate school classes and how to help clients to process them. You have the person recount the dream several times, trying to pull as much detail as possible. You then see if anything is similar to something really going on. For instance, with the train tunnel dream, the fact that the train never comes if you don’t step out could indicate anxiety about making a change in your life. That is pretty general, but a start of how I would help a client process a real life issue. Of course, dreams are the brain’s way of filing away all of the information we have obtained during the day, so sometimes a mix of strange things can be just that and maybe mean nothing at all.

I ran 4 miles yesterday morning. It was cooler but still humid, so I was drenched in sweat at the end.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    WooHoo @ContraryMaryMary! You got to run in a real race, with real people! Sounds like it was a great day for you!

@AlphaHowls you NEVER cease to amaze me! Be careful with the meds, and hope they are effective!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Got a 4 mile run in this morning. Temp was 65F with a real feel of 71. Nothing to complain about compared to the heat a lot of you are experiencing. Didn’t really see any humans. Only one truck passed while I was running. Did a release and recover online session when I got back home. It involved torture with a tennis ball and the foam roller. Felt good.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    8-1 rest
    8-2 7k easy
    8-3 rest
    8-4 7k easy
    8-5 7k moderate
    8-6 7k easy
    8-7 7k easy
    8-8 7k slow
    8-9 7k easy

August Total: 49k
    August Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k

2020 Total through July: 1236k / 176.5k per month

Sunny and low 60s again today. Started out easy and stayed that way.
    @marisap2010 Thanks for the insight. That dream was from when I was young, and literally everything was changing.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/2: 10.52 miles
    8/4: 6.40 miles
    8/5: 6.52 miles
    8/6: 6.22 miles
    8/9: 11.02 miles

40.68/100 miles completed for August

856.69/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 11 miles this morning.  It was hot. I got out the door around 6:45 and it was already 80°F feels like 84°F. When I got home it was 83°F feels like 87°F. It is supposed to be over 100°F every day this week,  so I guess that was the cool part of the day. It wasn't a bad run. I saw a fox and lots of birds. I  only saw a couple of loose dogs but I was far enough away from them to easily alter my route. The last couple of miles were tough because of the heat, but I managed an average pace of 11:38 mi/min which is slower than usual, but still pretty good for me in the heat.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Great run @kgirlhart !
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo! What a cute puppy. And Tippy is adorable as well.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/2: 10.52 miles
    8/4: 6.40 miles
    8/5: 6.52 miles
    8/6: 6.22 miles
    8/9: 11.02 miles

40.68/100 miles completed for August

856.69/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 11 miles this morning.  It was hot. I got out the door around 6:45 and it was already 80°F feels like 84°F. When I got home it was 83°F feels like 87°F. It is supposed to be over 100°F every day this week,  so I guess that was the cool part of the day. It wasn't a bad run. I saw a fox and lots of birds. I  only saw a couple of loose dogs but I was far enough away from them to easily alter my route. The last couple of miles were tough because of the heat, but I managed an average pace of 11:38 mi/min which is slower than usual, but still pretty good for me in the heat.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Well done, Teammate!!!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your race @ContraryMaryMary!

@AlphaHowls hope the meds are clearing things up. Sounds miserable. You are so tough to still run a long run!

Well done on your run @kgirlhart

@teresa502 good job also. What is the release and recover? I need to do more rolling.

@quilteryoyo - ah, the day the music died :'(:p OMG, what a cute puppy. I would not want a husky but they are beautiful dogs. Your Tippy looks so sweet too, with her little pack. I wonder if Stella would take to a pack.

• kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @Tramboman and @katharmonic. That trail woth the falls sounds lovely.

@ContraryMaryMary Congrats on your race!