August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I GOT A PR FOR 10K DISTANCE! It's not an amazing pace, but I finished 6.47 miles in 1:08:47, giving me a 10:37 pace! I don't think this has ever happened!

YAY!!! Well done!!!
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    8/8 3.5 miles 3.5/50
    8/9 10.5 miles 14.0/50
    8/12 4.0 miles 18.0/50

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Great run!!!!!

@PastorVincent I could be an All-star if there were a category for "Most Calories Consumed."
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    @kperk91 Way to go!

@Camaramandy648 Great job on the new PR!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    8/1 - 5 mile trail race
    8/2 - 4 with Skip and Champ
    8/3 – rest day
    8/4 – 6
    8/5 – 5 with Champ
    8/6 – 5
    8/7 – 3 with Champ
    8/8 – 5
    8/9 – 0 drove Skip to college move in
    8/10 – 3
    8/11 – 0 drove home from college move in
    8/12 – 3 with Champ

39 of 115 miles

Been crazy busy getting working and dropping Skip off at school.

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person
    Shooby Doo Virtual 10K
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui Stan and I are facebook friends in "real life" so I see what is happening with him there, but we don't run into each other any more. He has remarried and seems blissfully happy. :)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Wow. You did great to get in 6 miles at those temps that early in the morning. I've forgotten. Where do you live?
    Texas...about 25 miles north of Dallas

Great job on your 10K PR @Camaramandy648!

Wow @PastorVincent Top 10 in the WORLD for steps 😵 I am humbled!

@kgirlhart glad your Dad didn't have a stroke and hopefully he will be feeling better in a few days!

@skippygirlsmom hope Skip finds this school much more to her liking! Scary she is going back in these uncertain times, but I'm sure she will stay as safe as possible.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So glad your dad seems to be doing better today and didn't have a stroke. Also glad that the new hospital allows someone to be with him. That has to be a great stress reliever for him and all of you.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    @kgirlhart So glad your dad seems to be doing better today and didn't have a stroke. Also glad that the new hospital allows someone to be with him. That has to be a great stress reliever for him and all of you.

Thanks. It is! I know you understand with your dad being hard of hearing as well. I talked to my sister a little while ago and she said he is doing much better today.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 !
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Wow @PastorVincent Top 10 in the WORLD for steps 😵 I am humbled!

It is only like 500-something-K steps. The number one guy has 2.5 million steps in the last thirty days. Given the miles, I run and how far behind him I am, I ASSUME he works at a treadmill desk or something.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I could be an All-star if there were a category for "Most Calories Consumed."

HA! I might not win that, but I would likely enjoy trying :)

• PastorVincent
    Options

Yes, great news. Doctors and Nurses are great, but having family there can make a huge difference in recovery and treatmean.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    5k trail running plus 4 miles hiking. I was worried about my knee since I tripped over my shoelaces before I tucked them in and really wrenched my bad knee, but it turned out to feel fine when running and seems fine now. I’m slower than before my break but felt pretty nimble and not like one foot was clumsy, like it has felt in the past when my knee was bugging me. Decided not to push it because I haven’t run trails in a while.

It was supposed to thunderstorm but then didn’t, so I figured this would be a good chance to get to the park without too many others there, and I was right. We passed only a few people and those were very conscientious, serious runner types, unlike the last time we were there when it was a bunch of families swarming everywhere in my personal space.

I really love being out in nature. Everything smelled like wildflowers.

Look what happened to the trail though! We were supposed to cross this, it’s usually dry here! The trail crossing was under about a foot of fast water, seemed dangerous so we went back and went a different way.
    pok7i07rprae.png

Also, does anyone know what this is? It’s some kind of fungus I guess but it was like a clear jelly.
    9wq7cbp4wtst.png
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I’m glad your sister is with your dad and he hasn’t had a stroke! My mom is about the same age and also deaf, and she gets really dippy mentally if she gets even a slight illness, so hopefully it’s just a passing thing.

@Camaramandy648 Hooray PR!

@quilteryoyo Hoping that swapping directions clears up the knee problem!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I broke my Wunjo. :disappointed: It is tots my fault but man it is too hot to run without it :cry: Mrs. Pastor Vincent it going to look into seeing if it can be sown.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    No idea that that is @rheddmobile - maybe the blob as a baby?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @rheddmobile we have a similar algae in our yard. It is clear green though. Is there an agriculture office in your area? They might help. Or park rangers office even. I could find nothing colorless. Plants need chlorophyll, so not sure what’s up with that one. Maybe it’s “dead”.
    https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/nostoc_a_green_jelly_like_substance_growing_in_lawns

ETA I have a young male cat that likes to play with the stuff, fetches it like a prize. It’s kinda cool and safe to handle.