What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• selawson729
    selawson729 Posts: 34 Member
    Fyi, I did NOT have it. Our doors were locked for a while a work so I assume that is what he referred to.
  • selawson729
    selawson729 Posts: 34 Member
    Scurrying around the house getting ready for church when I noticed that I was not using my cane. I have been getting accustomed to using it everyday for the past year. I was amazed that after losing 24 lbs. my knees weren't killing me this morning.

Yay!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    jaroby wrote: »

That wardrobe looks right up my alley! Pretty!! I would love to do a capsule wardrobe at some point... had it close, then weight went up, and now I am down. Once I settle into a size I am excited to do some shopping!

I plan to reward myself by buying fabric and making myself some historically-inspired dresses. There's some yummy summer dress potential in an 18th century robe anglais, and I love the '50s silhouette, and I'm pretty sure I'll have pinup curves when I'm done.

I have similar plans!! I plan to buy quality neutral colored linen (and maybe a rich plum color as well) and make a few high waisted skirts reminiscent of the Victorian era walking skirt. I’ve seen a few modern takes that are just lovely, the pleating in the waistbands are gorgeous!

I have this pattern, I don't quite have the time yet but I really want to make it:

https://bella-maes.com/product/grace-18th-century-pdf-pattern/
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member
    Love the dress!
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    jaroby wrote: »

That wardrobe looks right up my alley! Pretty!! I would love to do a capsule wardrobe at some point... had it close, then weight went up, and now I am down. Once I settle into a size I am excited to do some shopping!

I plan to reward myself by buying fabric and making myself some historically-inspired dresses. There's some yummy summer dress potential in an 18th century robe anglais, and I love the '50s silhouette, and I'm pretty sure I'll have pinup curves when I'm done.

I have similar plans!! I plan to buy quality neutral colored linen (and maybe a rich plum color as well) and make a few high waisted skirts reminiscent of the Victorian era walking skirt. I’ve seen a few modern takes that are just lovely, the pleating in the waistbands are gorgeous!

I have this pattern, I don't quite have the time yet but I really want to make it:

https://bella-maes.com/product/grace-18th-century-pdf-pattern/

What a lovely dress!
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member

I get my linen from Fabrics-store.com, have used their linen for reenacting dresses for the last twenty years and been very happy with the quality and the durability. I'll definitely be getting linen from them for some of the medieval-ish dresses I want to make. The stretch of either linen or wool on the bias is part of the fit of that dress.

Thanks for the recommendation, it’s always nice to have a solid source for stuff like this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!