Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Interesting comment on the wine @MissMay. I used to be able to have a glass of it without it bothering me. I had a glass or two of it every night in Dallas last fall on my vacation, and felt completely fine the next day. This is something new.
    Gin, Vodka, Rum don't do that to me at all strangely.
    If we wine tour in Osoyoos Okanagan wineries I will have to be prepared to have a slow day after. Hah, or maybe I will taste and spit it out. Do people do that?
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy Thanks for sharing your band days and lake days pictures! I enjoyed remembering the 70s ... and on the lake is my dream location to live ... one day!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn. 59 (for one more month), I live in SE BC
    My goal has remained the same, one that I feel comfortable with: 16-20AF days each month.

Saturday August 01 - Drinks, fancy fruity ones that I concocted.
    Sunday August 02 - AF - Didn't really want to be AF, but did.
    Monday August 03 - AF - Too windy to go to a lake today (I float on a mat) so I did some stuff around the garden. It is still going to be 100 degrees for a couple of more days, I am going to try to only work in the mornings so that I can get to the lake while it is super hot and not windy. Motivation to not drink is how my belly swells up so big the day after having drinks. Planning on AF again tomorrow.
    Tuesday August 04 - AF - Long stressful workday when I should have been at the lake, second to last really hot day. So badly wanted a few cocktails, but fought through it with my newfound "don't drink when you are stressed" tactic. Those cocktails won't be going anywhere, I will have a few on a happy day. Lake time Wednesday no matter what.
    Wednesday August 05 - Drinks. Last hot day here, so went to the lake and had some yummy cocktails when I got home.
    Thursday August 06 - AF - I will try to be AF tomorrow also to get 2 in a row.
    Friday August 07 - AF - Might have drinks with a friend this weekend.
    Saturday August 08 - Bunch of drinks with a girlfriend. I was making them, so put half of the alcohol in mine. We had a nice visit.
    Sunday August 09 - AF - planning on racking up a few of those.
    Monday August 10 - AF - This didn't post for some reason, probably human error : - )
    Tuesday August 11 - AF - I really have myself convinced now to not numb myself with alcohol when stressed out. If I have a few drinks when I am happy I enjoy/savour them more. I will probably be making Mojitos again before the mint is finished. When it is almost done I make a giant vat of mint tea, strain it, then freeze it into containers to later put in the blender for a nice minty frozen iced tea drink (no alcohol).
    Wednesday August 12 - AF - I have a long hard workday ahead tomorrow, so no drinks tonight.
    Thursday August 13 - AF - Very long hard workday today, I really really wanted drinks, but hanging tough.
    Friday August 14 - 2 wine and 1 cocktail, feeling woozy, out of the habit of the alcohol, but have a Mojito date with a gf for Sunday, one day to recuperate beforehand.
    Saturday August 15 - AF - I didn't feel well all day today. A few weeks ago I had 3 ounces of wine and it was the same the next day. Wine just doesn't agree with me anymore. Even though I like the taste, it is definitely not worth basically missing the whole day after.
    Sunday August 16 - AF - Following @MissMay 's sage words from page one and looking after my tomorrow feeling today. Postponed my Mojito get together for today with my friend, told her yesterday when I was feeling so yucky that I just couldn't.
    Monday August 17 - Another nice hot day here, a quick trip to a lake. I felt like having drinks, but was so thirsty I settled for another of those Club Sodas (otherwise i would have downed drinks too fast)

Rolling total 13AF days out of 17 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited August 2020
    Sorry to hear that @globalhiker
    I must say that I am really glad to be on the other side of the menopause.

Fires are scary, and the smoke is choking. I live in BC (nothing but trees) where there are usually a lot of fires, and August you can barely see the sky. We have been lucky this year, we had rain in June and the beginning of July - we rarely get rain where I live. Some plants in the garden love the ash, others just die (like petunias, it is too heavy and choking for them).
    You might have noticed in my most recent photo of a lake that the hill/mountain looked fairly barren. Fire came through there and actually jumped the lake so some of those cabins are brand new because the old ones burned to the ground. People live there year round because town is only about 15 minutes away.