Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Ladies....

What should we call them, boobs, breast, melons, jugs, fun bags, tits, knockers? Or there very own pet name?

What's your preference... 🤷🏽‍♂️, is it a regional thing?

Seriously having this conversation rn with coworkers 😂

Ha! What kind work do you do?

With my girlfriends (I’m cis-het btw) I’d say “boobs” with my guy friends...I feel like they say “tits” but I’d be fine with “boobs/chest/breast” as long as they’re not being gross.

Now I‘m off to think of some Knick-knocker names.

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Under what circumstances is it ETHICAL to look someone up online?

Are there rules?

Have you ever been caught?

Have you ever admitted to a person that you’ve done you due diligence?

Being clear- I’m not talking about stalking, harassment, identity theft, or revealing personal information.

i dont do this ever. i feel like people deserve privacy/anonymity and maybe that makes me more likely to be fooled by someone but idc. take em at face value

Can you think of a circumstance in which you might change your mind?

nope, if someone wants me to see something they’ll show me

but tbh privacy and related issues are really, really important to me. like anonymous speech, free association, data retention, behavioral tracking, encryption, face recognition, all kinds of surveillance, etc. i care about that type of thing more than anything else and really believe the downfall of society is goin to be from loss of privacy

• Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

Being clear- I’m not talking about stalking, harassment, identity theft, or revealing personal information.

i dont do this ever. i feel like people deserve privacy/anonymity and maybe that makes me more likely to be fooled by someone but idc. take em at face value

but tbh privacy and related issues are really, really important to me. like anonymous speech, free association, data retention, behavioral tracking, encryption, face recognition, all kinds of surveillance, etc. i care about that type of thing more than anything else and really believe the downfall of society is goin to be from loss of privacy

Ok one more if you don’t mind??? Would you ask someone for information about themselves if they didn’t volunteer it?
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

Have you ever admitted to a person that you’ve done your due diligence?

have done it for work before.
    not a fan of the idea. its one thing for your job to want a background check, but another thing entirely for them to want to see what you post on facebook or twitter or whatever. there should be a line where employees are employees and then again where they get to be their own person. more jobs need to draw a line in the sand about that and say "our employees do not represent us when they're off the clock". this isn't the army you know?

anyhow i've always spoken out against that at work but that's just the culture now. one guy i had to look into, he didn't get the job because one of the ladies on the committee saw that he had a breakup like 2 months prior and she was concerned over his reliability because of it. she picked some other guy who was married with a kid. he got divorced less than a year after taking the job and then left entirely a year after that.

basically- i don't think you can read someone's life story off the internet and successfully predict the next chapter.

but if you just mean like someone for a date? then imo you prob shouldn't be on the date to begin with if the trust issues are so bad. not saying they're a good person or you're a bad one for it- but even if they pass muster on whatever data you're seeking, who's to say they're just not hiding it really well. i mean everybody's got demons you know? and what would they say if they looked into your life? when does it stop? when would you be able to say "okay i trust this person" if you start out from a place of distrust?

Would you ever search an ex to see what she’s up to?
  • Thetwitchisback
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Full disclosure, I absolutely have looked up old friends and lovers and have occasionally reached out.

ETA: I’ve also verified information given to me before taking an online friend into the real world.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

not a fan of the idea. its one thing for your job to want a background check, but another thing entirely for them to want to see what you post on facebook or twitter or whatever. there should be a line where employees are employees and then again where they get to be their own person. more jobs need to draw a line in the sand about that and say "our employees do not represent us when they're off the clock". this isn't the army you know?

anyhow i've always spoken out against that at work but that's just the culture now. one guy i had to look into, he didn't get the job because one of the ladies on the committee saw that he had a breakup like 2 months prior and she was concerned over his reliability because of it. she picked some other guy who was married with a kid. he got divorced less than a year after taking the job and then left entirely a year after that.

basically- i don't think you can read someone's life story off the internet and successfully predict the next chapter.

but if you just mean like someone for a date? then imo you prob shouldn't be on the date to begin with if the trust issues are so bad. not saying they're a good person or you're a bad one for it- but even if they pass muster on whatever data you're seeking, who's to say they're just not hiding it really well. i mean everybody's got demons you know? and what would they say if they looked into your life? when does it stop? when would you be able to say "okay i trust this person" if you start out from a place of distrust?

i have before but not to see what they were up to exactly. like this one girl was a horrible horrible driver. she got in like 7 wrecks the whole time i knew her. and i was always legitimately afraid she was going to die someday because of it. so occasionally i'll still google her name to make sure there isn't an obit out there because i do still worry about it.

another girl i knew, her company shut their doors a little while back and closed shop. i was worried she lost her job and was homeless or god knows what else, so i googled the company to see what was what and they didn't shut down, they just closed that location and re-opened elsewhere. that was enough for me you know?
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

i have before but not to see what they were up to exactly. like this one girl was a horrible horrible driver. she got in like 7 wrecks the whole time i knew her. and i was always legitimately afraid she was going to die someday because of it. so occasionally i'll still google her name to make sure there isn't an obit out there because i do still worry about it.

another girl i knew, her company shut their doors a little while back and closed shop. i was worried she lost her job and was homeless or god knows what else, so i googled the company to see what was what and they didn't shut down, they just closed that location and re-opened elsewhere. that was enough for me you know?

Yep, makes sense
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

Ok one more if you don’t mind??? Would you ask someone for information about themselves if they didn’t volunteer it?

of course, i ask all kinds of inappropriate questions all the time with no *kitten* given

And this I love
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Ladies....

What should we call them, boobs, breast, melons, jugs, fun bags, tits, knockers? Or there very own pet name?

With my girlfriends (I’m cis-het btw) I’d say “boobs” with my guy friends...I feel like they say “tits” but I’d be fine with “boobs/chest/breast” as long as they’re not being gross.

I work on a pirate ship here little miss Maty... 😏
    Why are you looking for work? 🤷🏽‍♂️... I feel like "knick knockers" makes you totally hire material 😂

I feel like Boobs was the general consensus amongst the gallery, and it feels like a very non abrasive way to reference them 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Personally I prefer Tits because I like to push the edge and leave people slightly uncomfortable 🤷🏽‍♂️...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

This was a big thing at work recently... Only a general warning at this point but supposedly if you are caught Googling fellow employees, the punishment is swift and harsh...

It was mostly put in place for new hires... People here like to gossip and new hires are just fodder feed sometimes 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Personally, I don't care if anyone Googles me 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    And when I Google others, I'm not looking for personal info, just to see if maybe they've posted any good recipes 🤷🏽‍♂️...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Ladies....

Why are you looking for work? 🤷🏽‍♂️... I feel like "knick knockers" makes you totally hire material 😂

I feel like Boobs was the general consensus amongst the gallery, and it feels like a very non abrasive way to reference them 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Personally I prefer Tits because I like to push the edge and leave people slightly uncomfortable 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Tits seem to be the favourite term amongst the white van men here

Ppff jokes on you... My vans brown 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

I'm hoping that anyone that is considering dating my recent ex will search him on the court's online site and see the no contact order I had to get... if they can even figure out his real name to find it.

That's the only internet sleuthing that I am really comfortable with. Everything else is whatever a person chooses to put out as a representation of themselves and may, or may not, be accurate.

i totally understand that, for women or men. world's crazy. and full of crazies.

my concern is that looking into someone like that can become a snowball effect of self inflicted trauma at a certain point.

say that person A looks up person B, and finds out they're a crazy person who had no contact orders and has multiple reports of dv then they need to be avoided and its a good thing to have found out beforehand.

but now person A is going to be worried about that for the future, with this little horrific pearl growing inside their mind. and then they meet person C, who is a good person with maybe like a drunk & disorderly from a football game when they were 21 years old on their record.
    and person A is paranoid now, they find out that info about person C, and then cut them off entirely.
    but maybe person C would have just told them all about it if asked too, and how that one event helped change their life for the better and put them on the straight and narrow.

hard to say where to draw the line on such a thing imo. everybody's gotta make that decision for themselves.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Ladies....

Here’s my rundown:

Boobs- funny word. It’s my default choice but I can’t really say it with a straight face

Breasts- to my doc

Melons- implies very large size

Jugs- implies very large size AND belonging to a woman perceived as promiscuous

Fun bags- suggests they are there to be swatted at

Tits- size is not implied which suggests the person is indifferent to size. This is probably the one i use the most meself but not in casual conversation

Knockers- again.. implies very large size

Pet names- no. Nope. Can’t do it
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

One time back in the day this guy I was chatting with online bet me that I couldn't find him online (his real name or such) I then added him on fb within the hour flaunting my win.
    This also happened with a freind from Tumblr but reversed and again it was a agreed upon challenge and he did find me but told me that I wasn't as easy as others.
    In my 20s I did do a little cyber stalking but ultimately gave it up because there's no point in knowing what someone is up to if you're not going to pursue them. I was hurting my own feelings.
    I've also looked to see if ex lovers and freinds have died.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

This was a big thing at work recently... Only a general warning at this point but supposedly if you are caught Googling fellow employees, the punishment is swift and harsh...

It was mostly put in place for new hires... People here like to gossip and new hires are just fodder feed sometimes 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Personally, I don't care if anyone Googles me 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    And when I Google others, I'm not looking for personal info, just to see if maybe they've posted any good recipes 🤷🏽‍♂️...

If they have public presence I’m not really sure why it’s an issue. Gossip is mean and bad and bad for morale but public information is public information
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Okokok i got one.

Are there rules?

One time back in the day this guy I was chatting with online bet me that I couldn't find him online (his real name or such) I then added him on fb within the hour flaunting my win.
    This also happened with a freind from Tumblr but reversed and again it was a agreed upon challenge and he did find me but told me that I wasn't as easy as others.
    In my 20s I did do a little cyber stalking but ultimately gave it up because there's no point in knowing what someone is up to if you're not going to pursue them. I was hurting my own feelings.
    I've also looked to see if ex lovers and freinds have died.

So we all wonder about that...
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Ladies....

Yarr, I’m just a land lubber - But I’ll try my hand at swabbing the deck and lifting heavy jugs. 😂

Not really related but this reminds me that I know someone who had a “Ta-Ta Titties Party” before her breast reduction surgery. We all signed her boobs and did shots of them. She had it at Hooters.