How would you react if..

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @ButterIsGood Come back.

Do want to marry this guy? Are you hoping and waiting and hoping and dreaming. In the back of your mind do you get the strong impression that he's not really there. Just kind of going through the motions. There's your sign.

In sickness and in health. He disappeared as soon as you were sick. What would he do if you had children and the child came down with flu or measles. Would you be there taking care of business while he was out running the streets. Bottomline: This event is a precursor. The true essence of the grape is revealed when it's squeezed.

I dunno.... what if he's busy ??
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Ooo, I remembered that even penguins know the art of perfect gift-giving. It takes bird brains to teach the rest of us how to live and love. Penguins mate for life and propose by giving their mate a pebble. <3

Antarctica_rocks.jpg

as sweet as this is, i have a sad truth to tell you about the promiscuity of penguins.
    https://youtu.be/HrHeKcZV7vA
    when they said "she's got no time for losers" i felt that in my SOUL

thats not what i expected under that spoiler
  • ReenieHJ wrote: »
    You should still have set the appt just to know for sure. Why you didn't is beyond me. I would have reacted the same way as he did with my SO... I mean, how is he supposed to care if you dont? Sounds like he is over it and you should move on

Really? You would've not contacted your SO to check and make sure they're doing alright? You wouldn't discuss it with them? You'd just stop all contact? To me, what her boyfriend did, reeks more of pride and power than genuine caring about another person.
    TBH, more than likely the OP has it, does care, but doesn't see the point in the test. Not sure that I wouldn't do the same in her circumstances. I just don't know for sure. Op did mention her mom and sister both had tests provided by their work; maybe OP is worried about cost or discomfort, we don't know. The main gist of the post was how we felt about what her bf did in response.

JMO so please no egg throwing. :blush:

I think she meant the part where the guy gave the tiniest of reactions before he split, but IDK I tend to hunt for "good".

Agree with the rest
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    6fgxoh5x4qal.png

Yassss

Until the stupid end negated the whole stupid movie
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @ButterIsGood

Listen to the important people around you. Your folks, aunts and uncles, real friends.

Absolutely. It hurts. I did invest more years than you have and a big ole chunk of money. I picked up the tab for his toys and tiddlywinks. Yuck, :p I need a bucket when I think about it. It was such an expensive lesson in my life. I'm still paying for it.

You've said some key words and words matter. You've talked about all of the time that's invested. There you go.

You didn't mention the big word. L.O.V.E.

I was his Mama and not his girlfriend. Huge difference. Always taking care of business while he played and played. He married his girlfriend. There are plenty of country songs about heartbreak but Let's All Go Down to Dum@$$ Walkers would describe my lesson.

One of two marriages hit the skids. These things are much harder to handle if children and houses are involved. You won't be able to get the time back and that's why get' out while the gettin' is good would be my stock answer.

When we're young no one can save us from our own feelings and emotions. We have to experience all of them so that we can recognize truth from lies. Here's something from my family to you. Never let an old flame burn you twice.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Butter, I should've listened to my mother but I didn't. I waited around for some yellow-bellied lily-livered sapsucker. He could charm the skin right off of a snake The entire thing was a useless waste of time. He was always running around and striking a pose. He spent his evenings at the gym working out. Then he was really working out after that. He adored his muscles more than anything. If I was trying to watch the TV he would get in front of it and always ask me about this or that muscle group. How did it look. Mostly, everything was always about him. When the right one came along he was married within 3 or 4 months. You don't have to take my advice. I had to learn things the hard way but with hard lessons comes a few revelations. You learn that action is the thing that really counts.

First there's the emotions. Then comes logical reasoning. If you can find your way to that place quickly you'll see with eyes wide open what others have shared, too. You deserve someone who really cares about you. Take action and Make Room For Daddy. The right one.

It just hurts to go from thinking someone loves you to finding out that he doesn't. His ego and pride are always in the way. Hasn't even tried to apologize for his actions but only to put the blame on me for his absence. I think about him all the time. Songs remind me of him. Places remind me of him. Foods remind me of him. Just wish the hurt was from both sides but he probably doesn't care and is out there enjoying his tacos. If he was to get sick, id check up on him at least a few times a day. I don't see him in my future after what happened but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to move on.

When a man is really in love, there is no room for his ego.
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Im glad to see this is still going
  • Diatonic12
    edited August 2020
    @ButterIsGood

One more thing. Your apology may not be forthcoming so don't wait for it.

It's another technique. When someone can't sit down face-to-face they may start or create an imaginary fight. You could be waiting around for that imaginary apology for months or years. It's a way to slip out the back, Jack, without telling you why or putting themselves on the spot.

Now, one day after I'd cleaned up all of the mess, here he comes down the driveway. Oooo, yeah, that yay-hoo showed back up on my doorstep. So get ready. They'll act like nothing happened and want to pick right up where they've left off. If you fall for it, it won't last the second time either. It will be quicker and a tad uglier the second time around should you choose to accept this third-rate attempt at romance. Both of his marriages have fallen apart but I have really moved on.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    @ButterIsGood

One more thing. Your apology may not be forthcoming so don't wait for it.

It's another technique. When someone can't sit down face-to-face they may start or create an imaginary fight. You could be waiting around for that imaginary apology for months or years. It's a way to slip out the back, Jack, without telling you why or putting themselves on the spot.

Now, one day after I'd cleaned up all of the mess, here he comes down the driveway. Oooo, yeah, that yay-hoo showed back up on my doorstep. So get ready. They'll act like nothing happened and want to pick right up where they've left off. If you fall for it, it won't last the second time either. It will be quicker and a tad uglier the second time around should you choose to accept this third-rate attempt at romance. Both of his marriages have fallen apart but I have really moved on.

I'm not giving him another chance. Apology or not. I don't think I can ever forgive in this case. I'm just gonna go on living my single life and stop thinking about him.
  • Diatonic12
    If we can find some measure of happiness with the wrong one just imagine how happy you'll be with the right one. <3 Keep dancing in your integrity and the right one will want to cut in.
  • Diatonic12
    @ButterIsGood Seems like an eternity but it's only been 7 days. Thinking about you and I remembered this from my dear sweet mother.

If they like you, you'll know. If they don't you will always be confused. That's it in a nutshell and not the whole bushel. ;) How are you. We gotta know.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You should still have set the appt just to know for sure. Why you didn't is beyond me. I would have reacted the same way as he did with my SO... I mean, how is he supposed to care if you dont? Sounds like he is over it and you should move on

most doctors around here tell u to stay home and not get tested if u been exposed and think u have it

This is the best approach.

If we really want the positive Covid numbers low, then we need to stop testing.

How can someone test positive if they don't take a test?

Think of the time and money we can save if we just return all of the unused Covid testing packs back to Amazon.

This could be the best strategy yet.

We need to follow the advice of these physicians so the water parks can open before Labor Day.

actually i think they assume u are positive and dont want u coming in to infect other people

Do you have covid test sites in your area? They don't want you at the doctors. They want you to go to a test site. And while waiting for confirmation...stay home and quarantine.
  • Diatonic12
    Ummm, I think you wanted another thread. :#@PlentyofProtein00
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    @ButterIsGood Seems like an eternity but it's only been 7 days. Thinking about you and I remembered this from my dear sweet mother.

If they like you, you'll know. If they don't you will always be confused. That's it in a nutshell and not the whole bushel. ;) How are you. We gotta know.

Hey, I'm okay. Just today he unfriended and unfollowed me on all social media. He was posting about " love" and " relationship" on his Snapchat this whole past week. And also posts about how women have bad taste in men.. And how they reject good men and prefer bad men in their lives. All bs. I'm still kinda hurt about the whole situation because I thought he'd at least attempt an apology but that didn't happen. I wanted closure. I wanted to straight up tell him why he's the most shittiest person ever. But I'm sure he'll be back one day. They always come back.
  • KLoGetsHealthy
    KLoGetsHealthy Posts: 272 Member
    Girl, do not cry over that man.
    It’s one thing to be upset that you didn’t go get tested it’s another thing to straight up ignore you while your sick. 2.5 years is a serious Amount of time to be together. He should of cared to atleast check in. Drop some stuff at your door. Ect.
    Thank god that he showed his true colors before he attempted to marry you. What a douche bag. I’m sorry. I hope you’re feeling better.
  • Diatonic12
  • Diatonic12
    @ButterIsGood

Are you secretly hoping that he does. In the back of my mind and in my dreams, I hoped that he would. He did but those dreams turned into another nightmare. There were no apologies for anything. Ever. He simply picked up the pieces where he'd left off and I was a doubleknit nit-wit for opening that door.

When one door closes and another opens your house is probably haunted. Just kiddin' :p
  • _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    wh65mul6hq18.gif