How would you react if..

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    You should still have set the appt just to know for sure. Why you didn't is beyond me. I would have reacted the same way as he did with my SO... I mean, how is he supposed to care if you dont? Sounds like he is over it and you should move on

most doctors around here tell u to stay home and not get tested if u been exposed and think u have it

This is the best approach.

If we really want the positive Covid numbers low, then we need to stop testing.

How can someone test positive if they don't take a test?

Think of the time and money we can save if we just return all of the unused Covid testing packs back to Amazon.

This could be the best strategy yet.

We need to follow the advice of these physicians so the water parks can open before Labor Day.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Both of you need to consider working on communication and conflict resolution skills, either in this relationship...or the next one.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You should still have set the appt just to know for sure. Why you didn't is beyond me. I would have reacted the same way as he did with my SO... I mean, how is he supposed to care if you dont? Sounds like he is over it and you should move on

most doctors around here tell u to stay home and not get tested if u been exposed and think u have it

This is the best approach.

If we really want the positive Covid numbers low, then we need to stop testing.

How can someone test positive if they don't take a test?

Think of the time and money we can save if we just return all of the unused Covid testing packs back to Amazon.

This could be the best strategy yet.

We need to follow the advice of these physicians so the water parks can open before Labor Day.

actually i think they assume u are positive and dont want u coming in to infect other people
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Idk why but this is funny to me

Wish you knew why, then maybe you could explain to us the humor? :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I would’ve done like you... I wouldn’t contact him either. I’d block him off everything and act like he never existed. how do you not check on someone you’ve known for 2.5 years when they are sick.

I hope you never give him the time of day again, because if he’s like most men I know, they always come back with something stupid to say. Block block block for your own sake.

Exactly this.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I followed the BreakUP Cleanse Diet. I found myself and gained back some self-respect. There's no need to try and soften the blow with a lorra lorra talking on the phone. It won't make one whit of difference.

A man that cares would've dropped off chicken noodle soup and rice dishes. They would be speaking to you through the door and caring, really caring. The handwriting is on the wall when they can't put away their childish ways. The sea is a miracle. There are fishes that swim and waves of emotion and whopping boatloads of men about to reach the shoreline.

If she has Covid, I'm dropping off pizza.

because it's the only food I can slide under her front door.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    What you feel is something anyone would feel in your situation about expecting someone you trust and felt connected to , not reaching out to you when you needed the most. At times tough and life altering situations really is the only way we know who cares versus a fair weather friend. This is just a general perception I have had but talk it out , and it's better to talk things out versus assuming things. Stay strong , be safe and best of luck.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    6fgxoh5x4qal.png

this is one of those painful truths it took me way too long to figure out
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    We don't have any pizza places out here. No fast food joints or fancy restaurants. He would have to leave everything by the door and come back for the dishes in a couple of weeks. There would be handwritten signs as you look out the window, singing and dancing in the front yard. A lorra lorra presents and tiddlywinks to make you smile. Running your errands for you with daily checks.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    Burn his house down

😂
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I ran into town and I thought about that comment all the way in. ^^^ It's a good one. I have a feeling the OP will give him a second chance. I wish she wouldn't but you have to learn these things the hard way.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    6fgxoh5x4qal.png

this is one of those painful truths it took me way too long to figure out

I was going to say just this. I hate this
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Ooo, I remembered that even penguins know the art of perfect gift-giving. It takes bird brains to teach the rest of us how to live and love. Penguins mate for life and propose by giving their mate a pebble. <3

Antarctica_rocks.jpg

as sweet as this is, i have a sad truth to tell you about the promiscuity of penguins.
    https://youtu.be/HrHeKcZV7vA
    when they said "she's got no time for losers" i felt that in my SOUL