How would you react if..

Options
ButterIsGood
ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys,
So I caught covid19 about 3 weeks ago. I was suppose to hang out with my boyfriend but I texted him and cancelled. I told him I was feeling very sick and probably had covid. I was exhausted and was having a hard time just getting out of bed. I had a major headache as well. When I told him I was sick, he said I should go get tested. I said " okay...I have to see where I can go".. So I checked and the only appointments were available for 7 days later.. I told him that I more than likely caught the virus because my symptoms were matching up to those of the virus. I told him that I don't see the point in getting tested when they it will take 7 days just to get tested and that they will prob tell me to quarantine for 14 days anyway. He got mad at me for not getting tested. My sister and mom also got sick around the same time as me. They went to get tested 2 day later because their employer has a test site available for employees without appointments. They were both positive. Anyway, my bf didnt text me at all for 2 days. Never asked me if I was okay... Nothing. He finally texts me 2 days later to say " Amanda was wondering what you've been up to?"... Amanda is a mutual friend of ours who we haven't spoken to for months. I responded by saying " thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you're worried about how I'm doing. I had too high of expectations from you to check up on me when I'm sick" .. And he responded with " you always act like you're better than me! *kitten* that *kitten*!" To which I didn't respond because his response was just him being defensive imo. A day later, he posts on social media about a new taco place he likes? Like what the heck? You got time to poat about tacos but no time to check up on me? This whole situation just upset me so much. It made me feel like he didn't care about me all... We use to text everyday.. He'd text me good morning everyday.. But as soon as I got sick, he just disappeared. We haven't spoken since the last convo I mentioned above which was about 2.5 weeks ago. We have been together for 2.5 years. How would you react to this if you were in my place? I just feel hurt.

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like he's punishing you for not obeying him when he told you to get tested, and that's pretty controlling. Followed by immature defensiveness. I'd let that relationship slide.

Hope you're feeling better now.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with Revolu!! His actions spoke so much louder than anything he has said before. :( Time to move on and find someone worthier of you!!

How are you feeling now? And how is your family doing?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry he treated you that way. That is not how a loving partner acts. Honestly, it doesn’t matter what excuse he gives. A man who acts like that and doesn’t contact you has checked out of the relationship. I would not take him back under any circumstance.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    just break up
    hrichts wrote: »
    Burn his house down

Same difference
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You should still have set the appt just to know for sure. Why you didn't is beyond me. I would have reacted the same way as he did with my SO... I mean, how is he supposed to care if you dont? Sounds like he is over it and you should move on
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So I caught covid19 about 3 weeks ago. I was suppose to hang out with my boyfriend but I texted him and cancelled. I told him I was feeling very sick and probably had covid. I was exhausted and was having a hard time just getting out of bed. I had a major headache as well. When I told him I was sick, he said I should go get tested. I said " okay...I have to see where I can go".. So I checked and the only appointments were available for 7 days later.. I told him that I more than likely caught the virus because my symptoms were matching up to those of the virus. I told him that I don't see the point in getting tested when they it will take 7 days just to get tested and that they will prob tell me to quarantine for 14 days anyway. He got mad at me for not getting tested. My sister and mom also got sick around the same time as me. They went to get tested 2 day later because their employer has a test site available for employees without appointments. They were both positive. Anyway, my bf didnt text me at all for 2 days. Never asked me if I was okay... Nothing. He finally texts me 2 days later to say " Amanda was wondering what you've been up to?"... Amanda is a mutual friend of ours who we haven't spoken to for months. I responded by saying " thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you're worried about how I'm doing. I had too high of expectations from you to check up on me when I'm sick" .. And he responded with " you always act like you're better than me! *kitten* that *kitten*!" To which I didn't respond because his response was just him being defensive imo. A day later, he posts on social media about a new taco place he likes? Like what the heck? You got time to poat about tacos but no time to check up on me? This whole situation just upset me so much. It made me feel like he didn't care about me all... We use to text everyday.. He'd text me good morning everyday.. But as soon as I got sick, he just disappeared. We haven't spoken since the last convo I mentioned above which was about 2.5 weeks ago. We have been together for 2.5 years. How would you react to this if you were in my place? I just feel hurt.

i would be sad as hell if i were u, i’m sorry that happened
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Idk why but this is funny to me
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Dump him 👎
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    *kitten* him...

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

What kind of tacos ??
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    just break up
    hrichts wrote: »
    Burn his house down

Same difference

This is why internet advice is the *best* advice