Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I fell off the radar for a week and just now catching up. Thanks to a few months hanging around here, when faced with family drama this past week, I kept the drinking to Less. I bought six bottles of wine on Sunday and only drank about half of one. A rose this time from Wolffer Estate in a pretty bottle. (Will try to post an upright picture😁) This is the beginning of a long road, though.

@MissMay good luck this weekend. I know I won’t be joining you, but I’m committed to keeping the LESS Alcohol part of my life going.

When the *kitten* hit the fan this weekend, I was one pound shy of my weight goal. I’ll be damned if I let a family member throw away all my hard work by going back to stress eating and drinking!

Heading to a PA Dutch farmers market today. Plan to buy lots of veggies and cheese!

• Samand303
    Options
    xantzomppo1v.jpeg
  • Samand303
    Options
    Seeing if full sized image comes out upright?!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. 59 (for one more month), I live in SE BC
    My goal has remained the same, one that I feel comfortable with: 16-20AF days each month.
    Saturday August 01 - Drinks, fancy fruity ones that I concocted.
    Sunday August 02 - AF - Didn't really want to be AF, but did.
    Monday August 03 - AF - Too windy to go to a lake today (I float on a mat) so I did some stuff around the garden. It is still going to be 100 degrees for a couple of more days, I am going to try to only work in the mornings so that I can get to the lake while it is super hot and not windy. Motivation to not drink is how my belly swells up so big the day after having drinks. Planning on AF again tomorrow.
    Tuesday August 04 - AF - Long stressful workday when I should have been at the lake, second to last really hot day. So badly wanted a few cocktails, but fought through it with my newfound "don't drink when you are stressed" tactic. Those cocktails won't be going anywhere, I will have a few on a happy day. Lake time Wednesday no matter what.
    Wednesday August 05 - Drinks. Last hot day here, so went to the lake and had some yummy cocktails when I got home.
    Thursday August 06 - AF - I will try to be AF tomorrow also to get 2 in a row.
    Friday August 07 - AF - Might have drinks with a friend this weekend.
    Saturday August 08 - Bunch of drinks with a girlfriend. I was making them, so put half of the alcohol in mine. We had a nice visit.
    Sunday August 09 - AF - planning on racking up a few of those.
    Monday August 10 - AF - This didn't post for some reason, probably human error : - )
    Tuesday August 11 - AF - I really have myself convinced now to not numb myself with alcohol when stressed out. If I have a few drinks when I am happy I enjoy/savour them more. I will probably be making Mojitos again before the mint is finished. When it is almost done I make a giant vat of mint tea, strain it, then freeze it into containers to later put in the blender for a nice minty frozen iced tea drink (no alcohol).
    Wednesday August 12 - AF - I have a long hard workday ahead tomorrow, so no drinks tonight.
    Thursday August 13 - AF - Very long hard workday today, I really really wanted drinks, but hanging tough.
    Friday August 14 - 2 wine and 1 cocktail, feeling woozy, out of the habit of the alcohol, but have a Mojito date with a gf for Sunday, one day to recuperate beforehand.
    Saturday August 15 - AF - I didn't feel well all day today. A few weeks ago I had 3 ounces of wine and it was the same the next day. Wine just doesn't agree with me anymore. Even though I like the taste, it is definitely not worth basically missing the whole day after.
    Sunday August 16 - AF - Following @MissMay 's sage words from page one and looking after my tomorrow feeling today. Postponed my Mojito get together for today with my friend, told her yesterday when I was feeling so yucky that I just couldn't.
    Monday August 17 - AF - Another nice hot day here, a quick trip to a lake. I felt like having drinks, but was so thirsty I settled for another of those Club Sodas (otherwise i would have downed drinks too fast)
    Tuesday August 18 - AF - Cucumber club soda in a fancy glass of course. It was great! I did manage to get away to a lake mid-day today for an hour and then went back to work. I have an awesome tan : - )
    Wednesday August 19 - Drinks. Although I have resisted drinks on my stressed out days for around 2 months, today was just too much. So, I blew a drinks day alleviating stress. I stopped at a friend's place on the way home from work who offered me wine, I had water, since it is looking like wine makes me sick the next day. The first sip of alcohol when I got home really tasted good and relaxed me so much. I will try not to make a habit of it again. I should say that I won't make a habit of it again : - )
    Thursday August 20 - AF - I almost opened the piccolo of Freixenet that has been in the fridge for months. One of these days I will. Time to shorten my post!
    Friday August 21 - AF - Always happy to hit my 16 for the month.
    Saturday August 22 - AF - Going to a different lake to float with a friend tomorrow, and want to feel good, so no drinks tonight. (I will get a photo) I am rearranging my schedule so that I can go to my usual 2 lakes on Monday and Tuesday (or maybe I will go somewhere else) when the wind will be low and the temperature nice. This could involve going to work super early, leaving at one point, and returning to work after the lake. Moving all of my jobs to clear those 2 days would also be an option. These nice lake days are running out now as we start to cool off a little. The rest of the week will be much cooler with high winds, not ideal for someone who floats along on the water. I want to feel good and experience these next few days without the possibility of not feeling well from drinking. Going to try not to have drinks before Tuesday night.
    Sunday August 23 - Drinks after the lake. Excellent float. I didn't make it until waiting for Tuesday to have drinks.
    Monday August 24 - AF - Went to a lake 25 minutes from my house. About halfway there I started to smell some smoke, but there was none at the lake that I went to. The water was very cold already, even though the sun was hot. Looked at the mini Prosecco in the fridge when I got home, but it can wait. I seriously put on 2 pounds the next day after drinks, so doing some damage control. I will look through today's photos and post some.
    Tuesday August 25 - AF - planned drinks on Thursday. We aren't starting our solidarity with @MissMay challenge until Friday right?
    Wednesday August 26 - Drinks. The last before our mini challenge in solidarity with @MissMay

Rolling total 19AF days out of 26 days
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Me again. I need the daily check in accountability to help keep me on task!

@Doxmum I can't believe you can watch it! I know I should stay tuned in to the horrors that are happening, but then I don't want to give him the ratings. But mostly, I just can't really stomach it.

@forestdweller1 those are some nice ducks!

I wish I was joining you all this weekend for the mini challenge, but I just can't. I LOVE sipping something by the campfire too much and I've abstained from alcohol all week even though I wanted to have some wine pretty much every night. I've pecked out my meager 16 days AF so far, but hey, it is more than half the time but well short of my goal. I knew I had 3 trips this month to contend with, and one was 4 nights. I hoped to avoid alcohol two of those nights, but I didn't. However, I maybe only overdid it one night (the last one). A friend who we were camped near busted out a really amazing and old bottle of bourbon around the campfire. It was good for sipping, but I had already had some hard seltzers during the day so I felt a little drunk.

Anyway, I've got a nice 5 day streak going and I'll enjoy some wine tonight at my fire. Ahhh. I love summer. It's going to be over too soon!

Aug 1: 2 drinks
    Aug 2: AF
    Aug 3: AF
    Aug 4: AF
    Aug 5: AF
    Aug 6: AF
    Aug 7: 2 drinks
    Aug 8: AF
    Aug 9: 2 drinks
    Aug 10: 3/4 of a bottle of wine
    Aug 11: 3/4 of a bottle of wine
    Aug 12: AF
    Aug 13: AF
    Aug 14: AF
    Aug 15: 3 drinks
    Aug 16: AF
    Aug 17: AF
    Aug 18: 2 drinks
    Aug 19: 3 drinks
    Aug 20: 5 drinks
    Aug 21: 6 drinks
    Aug 22: 1 drink
    Aug 23: AF
    Aug 24: AF
    Aug 25: AF
    Aug 26: AF
    Aug 27: AF

So far in Aug: 16/27 AF days
  • Samand303
    Options
    @shorepine I also love oysters but I have never tried them BBQ/grilled. I’ll have to see if I can find them on Cape Cod when we go. I think it’s great that you can get away for camping. These moments are what we will look back on in winter, so Enjoy something around a campfire.

@chocolate_owl Finding stress relief tactics is hard. I am not into exercise but I do find if I can just step outside, peek at the sky, listen to the neighborhood (suburban mom here), it helps. I like the idea of a favorite chair. I have a couple types of tea that I only make when I’m stressed. Maybe that would be a compromise for you. Hang in there and check in here anytime!

@MissMay You’ve got this!