Serial Starters

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Hey, all. I'm missing the glorious weather we had a week ago; we are back to the 90s with high humidity. But I know the beautiful days will return and I'm looking forward to that. I took the dogs for a long walk this evening in the time just before sunset and it was warm and breezy, not too bad.

I'm really glad to be back to work; I have something of a routine going again that is more productive. We get a long enough break in the morning to do a quick 1/2 mile with the pups and still have a chance to grab a quick breakfast. I can jog a bit at lunch, too. I need to move b/c otherwise I'm in a chair staring at a screen. Of course, I haven't shopped in days and there is very little for tomorrow, so I need to put in an order to pick up. I have the time, just not motivated. But having what I need is so important to staying on track. I'm almost back to the weight before my weekend travel, and still a bit puffy, so I expect to see a drop soon.

This is such an unusual time and I know I am lucky to be enjoying it so much. I feel for all who are dealing with the illness and its repercussions, and with economic fall out. Keeping everyone in my prayers.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    2c3919cl4tor.jpeg

Good morning all~~

I feel like a statue today --just stuck, immobile, mentally and physically. Ugh. These Covid times are very depressing for me. I need to (travel to) see my friends and family, and I can't.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    good morning,

Internet here is slow - smoke and everyone using it - so short note.

Lana - inability to come and go is depressing. I am sitting on that couch with you.

Timer went off have to go to work. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Got to hold my granddaughter last night. she is so tiny! i know she is over 8 pounds but with the grandsons being at 10 pounds when they were born, she seems incredibly petite!

Tweaked my back a little today. am currently sitting on a heating pad and eating ibuprofen like candy. had to take a sick day. :(

On the bright side. I actually stayed within calorie budget last few days!

CW 177
    HW 216
    GW 145
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I'm glad you are sitting on the couch with me. 😘

Kathryn - I hope your back gets better very soon!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana -I have had a hard time even getting out of my place, so your walks are even more adventurous than mine. I rewalk places my dog and I used to walk so it is a mixed blessing. At least you go walking - can you use your pool yet?
  • LanaCabana537
    591gag37ts2i.jpeg
    *** August 28th ***

Good morning Sara! Friday is here at last 🧑

Yes, the pool is in fine shape, but I have been in a tough mental funk for the past couple of weeks, and I have not been able to get myself to get into the water to exercise.

This morning is the Pumpkin Loop walk with the ladies - all three of us - people don't like to walk in the summer, it seems.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

TGIF!!

Pumpkin Loop sounds wonderful Lana hope you enjoy it, yes the numbers will pick up next month.

First of my bimonthly reviews with Monster at work, we shall see if it involves yet more work to do.....

Found out yesterday that our production will no longer be in the hands of Monster and therefore she cannot tweek the numbers for anyone for any reason. Monster was not a happy camper.

For now air quality is improving and temps are not HOT so open window a little.

Have grocery list for tomorrow started and laundry is on the way so that tonight I will sleep like a log.

Wave to who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - So glad to hear what you said about production not in the clutches of Mrs. Monster. That is way good!
    Drink your water and get your rest!

The walk this morning was SO good because there was only one other lady, who brought her two dogs, and she was happy to let me set a slow pace. Therefore, I do not feel as wiped out as I have the past few Fridays.
    πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜„
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    back is feeling a little better. have been doing stretches and using a CBD muscle cream. sitting at home with a bad back was not the way i wanted to spend my birthday yesterday, but on the bright side, there was no cake or sweets to cause me to cheat or overeat!
    remnants of Laura must be hitting us here. lots of wind, thunder, and buckets of rain coming down in sheets, almost sideways.
    am in the office and the a/c wont shut off. thermometer says it 64.9. i have on a sweater, blanket over my legs, and my space heater going. seems ridiculous but at least i am not freezing.

Sara - had to snicker at thought of Mrs. Monster's loss of control. hope that makes things better for you!

Lana - that pumpkin loop sounds fun! glad you were able to set your slower pace.

CW 177
    HW 216
    GW 145
  • mkculs13
    I have much in common with a couple of folks today. Dog walks, open window, back pain, and storms. We lost power at about 8:30 last night so I went to bed pretty early. It came back on overnight; yay! My back is a bit stiff from a 3 hour Zoom schedule yesterday with no break--one mtg went over so we missed our chance. Totally sucks. I stretched and walked and it was better, but woke up stiff today. Oh, well. It will be better with more stretching, walking, and drugs :)

Lana, how hot is it there? And more importantly, what kind of dogs and what were their names? Pics???
    Sara, how cool? We are at about 75 today. A bit humid. Could be hurricane related, coming up from the South.
    hickchic, so sorry I don't remember your name--but congrats on the new grandbaby. How fun.

My big news is, ONEDERLAND. Yep, 199.0 today. Very pleased.

At 191, I leave "obese" for "overweight." While I got down to 180 2x in the past 2 decades, I never stayed there and I didn't have a plan for staying on track. One time was Jenny Craig and one time was due to anxiety (I could be thin if I wanted to have daily, day-long panic attacks, but I've chosen NOT). So I'm reminding myself that sustainable is the key. I am a bit of a rut eater--same things pretty often--but I've included more options into my "rut" this time, and have planned ways to vary from the rut weekly so I don't get so bored.

I'm going to share a pic of Sky on my friend's kayak. Can't remember if I already shared it, but I just love it.
    She turned 1 on 8/19 and went into heat that day for the first time, too. No dog park for us for a while.

ei6jy3ncwvte.jpeg

• ethelbonnie
    ethelbonnie Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! (an introduction)

I'm new to this thread. I actually started this particular journey mid April/early May. I used to work on my feet all day at a warehouse until last September, and changed over to a catering/restaurant job, so still active and on my feet all day. The hours for that job were really inconsistent, and I didn't enjoy the work as much as I used to, so I looked around for about 5 months, and finally took a desk job in February. Most of this new job is great, it's definitely better wage-and-stress-wise. But now I am sitting all day long. I gained about 20 pounds with just the sitting (and the increased opportunity for snacking). I started tracking my calories in April, and in May, I started walking on my hour lunch break. Once the weather cleared up some (I'm in the Puget Sound region of Washington, and it gets rainy here), I started walking to and from work since it's only about a mile and a half each way, and upped my lunch walks to 2 miles. I have finally started seeing some results (lost about 14 pounds), but with the rainy season coming in a couple of months, I'm worried about losing the walking time.

I started reading this thread today, and really like the vibe, so thought I'd pitch in.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Hi! (an introduction)

I started reading this thread today, and really like the vibe, so thought I'd pitch in.

Welcome, Ethelbonnie!

We are relaxed, supportive, and non-judgemental. Most of us have been there and back, no matter where "there" is. Hang out with us when you can.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    xhbbyarmuwgd.jpg
    It is August 29th πŸ’›

Good morning all~~

Welcome Ethelbonnie!

Hello to Tracy πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Congratulations to Maureen! ONEDERLAND !!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Belated Happy Birthday to Kathryn! βœ¨πŸŽ‚πŸ₯‚βœ¨

Sara - I hope that you are enjoying sleeping in this morning 😴

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

*tossing stuff onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana - sleeping in comes after grocery shopping. Not crowded and faster in/out.

Spent time last night thinking of meals so that helped.

Kathryn did we miss your birthday - sending belated cboy package your way.

Wave to all who follow.
  • mkculs13
    Good morning. Happy Saturday, too. I'm STILL trying to get back to logging regularly. Throughout this time, though, I've continued to weigh my portions and have still been losing. I know that being more thorough will be important to continued success, and posting here is the real incentive to log in, so let's hope I see more of y'all.

Ethelbonnie (EB ok?), welcome. I have had a tendency to rely too much on exercise in the past so that when WI winter begins, I slack off and regain my summer losses. I'm really trying to do this right this time. I know I can handle a WI winter with exercise, I just choose not to. I ran in -9F in the winter of 2014 and ran throughout that awful winter. For me, it's a matter of realizing I have to find places with well-plowed streets (I am afraid of falling on ice and really hurting myself). I'm usually a trail runner/walker, so making that concession to reality was important to me. Can you find a way to continue exercising during the rainy season (good raincoat, boots)? Rain doesn't stop me from running, although I don't usually depend on lunch time at work to get in my exercise. And as I said, minding my food intake is going to be more important than ever b/c I know it's a winter time pitfall, and I hadn't integrated the "Calories In" portion of weight loss into my health plan very much before now.

Having said that, I updated my fitness profile here and am down to 1400 cals/day as a sedentary, 61 y.o. female. And life is particularly sedentary under Covid, except for my intentional exercise. So that exercise becomes more meaningful b/c I will really struggle with fewer than 1600-1700 cals/day for food. I'm going to start shaving small amounts off of my portions now--which is fine; I don't expect it will lead to any real hunger. The real issue is all the math, haha. Meaning, I'll have to use a calculator more often for those smaller servings. That's only for a week or so, though, b/c once they are in my food database, I can just reuse them. I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and just writing it out here helps me face that truth.

So, it's a glorious WI day and I'm hoping my son will want to drive somewhere nice for a good walk/hike. No dogs if he drives-he has a beautiful 2014 Jaguar with no room for the pups. I can walk them later this evening again (short walk this morning). I'm looking forward to getting back to the DP by mid September.

Hoping all of you have a really nice day.

• LanaCabana537
    1672pgztd4dc.jpeg
    ***August 30th ***

Good morning everybody!

*waving at Philippe for some coffee.....*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

I went to bed last night to hear the helicopters overhead telling people to go in their houses and lock their doors. It really makes me want to think about moving.

Scale is kinder than it has been which is nice, so although the air is smokey again I will try and get all the steps I can.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    htowkwl0kltp.jpeg

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Hi All~~

Sara - I'm glad the scale was kind to you. That sounds scary about the helicopters etc. Jeez.

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Tracy and Maureen and Kathryn and Runa and Holly and Missy and Saltine and EthelBonnie and Kell and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2020
    Good morning,

Official weigh in morning and a number I recognize again so will keep up the walking. Temps okay for week but another HOT weekend for Labor Day. Welcome to summer. Got 7K in yesterday an abnormality at the moment so sleep was not a problem.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.