Embarrassing truths

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I was a late bloomer. Never dated in high school. Didn't start drinking until after I graduated. Learned to ride a bike at 25. Never flew until I was 54.

2/4 of those are the same for me. But which ones... 😏. Hint: I’ve only ever kissed one person and that person also introduced me to drinking. (Okay, I had had drinks before then but I never got drunk until I was 24).

Sometimes it makes me feel weird and sometimes I don’t care. Other days it makes me feel like I grew up wrong, on hard days it makes me wonder if I missed out on experiences. Funny what embarrasses one and not another hey?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    So, I've mentioned several times that I suck at spelling and rely heavily on google to be able to type a comprehensible sentence.
    Thanks to @Thetwitchisback I can now spell the word definitely right usually on my first try! (this was one that really frustrated me, because I could type it 5 times and then have to google it in shame)

Another sort of funny example is for years I wrote "dosen't", I wondered why auto predict on my phone didn't fill it in for me?
    Well duh, it's not a word! Smarter than me phone recognized this!

One of my co workers gently pointed it out to me on all my hand written notes around the office. Made me laugh to realize, I just didn't see the reversed letters.

Possibly a bit dyslexic? You could have a low grade version 🤷‍♀️...but i enjoy your post regardless and never notice the spelling
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I can not watch "Fly Away Home" and not be a sobbing mess before the end. Nor can I read "The Rainbow Bridge" without some sort of teary eyes. If I was an actor and I had to cry it would be no issue, I would just read that.
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2020
    fstrickl wrote: »
    I was a late bloomer. Never dated in high school. Didn't start drinking until after I graduated. Learned to ride a bike at 25. Never flew until I was 54.

2/4 of those are the same for me. But which ones... 😏. Hint: I’ve only ever kissed one person and that person also introduced me to drinking. (Okay, I had had drinks before then but I never got drunk until I was 24).

Sometimes it makes me feel weird and sometimes I don’t care. Other days it makes me feel like I grew up wrong, on hard days it makes me wonder if I missed out on experiences. Funny what embarrasses one and not another hey?

I think both of you would be are fantastic role models.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I'm really bad at geography because I've never cared about it and my schools never made me learn it. My mind was blown the other day because I always thought Colorado was up north somewhere when it's west. It's embarrassing but I don't think it matters unless the internet goes down during the apocalypse and all I have is a compass and my crap memory of where things are generally. 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    I should also note here that once, I got a little lost in my own small home town that I walked around in my whole life. Not lost, I really just went full blank and walked a whole different direction. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I'm really bad at geography because I've never cared about it and my schools never made me learn it. My mind was blown the other day because I always thought Colorado was up north somewhere when it's west. It's embarrassing but I don't think it matters unless the internet goes down during the apocalypse and all I have is a compass and my crap memory of where things are generally. 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    I should also note here that once, I got a little lost in my own small home town that I walked around in my whole life. Not lost, I really just went full blank and walked a whole different direction. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I suppose Colorado is 'up north somewhere'.

.... if you live in Bolivia.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I suppose Colorado is 'up north somewhere'.

.... if you live in Bolivia.

I live in my own little world
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.

Pictures like this make me all gooey-hearted and go awwww....

As they should!

Yea, it would be weird to not go awww.

*cough* Animals and babies don't make me go awwwwww.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    gq3otycsttcs.jpg

@DWBalboa Me, too.

Pictures like this make me all gooey-hearted and go awwww....

As they should!

Yea, it would be weird to not go awww.

*cough* Animals and babies don't make me go awwwwww.

1UHk.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    At 56 years old I don't know right from left. I have a 50/50 chance of getting it correct if I guess and I'm usually wrong. I always use my hands to figure it out (I know I'm righthanded so that side is the right).

The other day my manager was showing me how to do fancy stuff in excel and told me to left click. Naturally I right clicked.

When the dog and I were in doggie school, we were doing heeling exercises which involved wandering around the training area while the trainer called out changes in direction. She'd say "left turn!", I'd turn right and THE DOG WOULD TURN LEFT. It didn't escape her attention that my dog knew right from left better than I did. :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    At 56 years old I don't know right from left. I have a 50/50 chance of getting it correct if I guess and I'm usually wrong. I always use my hands to figure it out (I know I'm righthanded so that side is the right).

The other day my manager was showing me how to do fancy stuff in excel and told me to left click. Naturally I right clicked.

When the dog and I were in doggie school, we were doing heeling exercises which involved wandering around the training area while the trainer called out changes in direction. She'd say "left turn!", I'd turn right and THE DOG WOULD TURN LEFT. It didn't escape her attention that my dog knew right from left better than I did. :D

Dang..... I hope Senior Drill Instructor Hartman doesn't read this.

242a17b8-33ef-4c56-9808-26645298a717_text.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

Dang..... I hope Senior Drill Instructor Hartman doesn't read this.

242a17b8-33ef-4c56-9808-26645298a717_text.gif

I feel his pain....
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    In highschool.. I saw a classmate run her hands across my boyfriends shoulder... so I cut a chunk of her box braids off.

😔I am sorry! Awful, i regret it today... my karma is coming.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello, my name is Dave and I'm a carboholic!

And I like the Bee Gee's too. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I don't care for children.

I've never heard the biological clock ticking LIKE THIS.

Theoretically I want to have children so I'm not alone when I'm old.

But when I see them in the makeup store grabbing brushes, jabbing them into the blushes, cracking them, then painting themselves and the cabinets with lipstick, I eschew all thoughts of wanting to become a parent because I don't believe in corporal punishment but wouldn't be able to help myself.

I think it's important to note that this bad behavior is reflective of parenting and not specifically the child. I'm with you, I'm not a fan of hellions, however, I blame the parents for their behaviors.

Exactly!!! Just don't be the parent who's afraid of the NO word and you'll be fine.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

But when I see them in the makeup store grabbing brushes, jabbing them into the blushes, cracking them, then painting themselves and the cabinets with lipstick, I eschew all thoughts of wanting to become a parent because I don't believe in corporal punishment but wouldn't be able to help myself.

I think it's important to note that this bad behavior is reflective of parenting and not specifically the child. I'm with you, I'm not a fan of hellions, however, I blame the parents for their behaviors.

Exactly!!! Just don't be the parent who's afraid of the NO word and you'll be fine.

i dont think anyone should have kids if they dont like kids just bc they afraid of being alone when theyre old
  • Yoshiboobs

i dont think anyone should have kids if they dont like kids just bc they afraid of being alone when theyre old

Plus kids aren't guaranteed to take care of or visit you when you're old.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited September 2020

Plus kids aren't guaranteed to take care of or visit you when you're old.

Mine can't even get his *kitten* towels off the *kitten* floor

eta changed my cuss-bywords into modern parlance