Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Replies

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Congrats, @speyerj ! Awesome accomplishment!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    @speyerj congrats on that very impressive milestone!!! So happy for you!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Hi everyone!

The Snacking Continued. And as a result, who knows what my weight really is. I weighed in at 183.4 this morning, and that could be a real weight. Ugh. Time to tighten up in September!

Quick tags:
    Sounds like lots of us are going through a rough time.
    @pamiede so sorry to hear about your friend, cancer sucks. Sending my thoughts.

@bluffgirl67 sorry about your mom. :heart: Happy belated birthday all the same.

@aliciap0116 you've got a great plan in place, and I know you will do it.

@speyerj CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done.

@KeriA Sending job mojo! But it sounds like you've got the right attitude about it even if you don't get it.

See you all in the September thread.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    @mmdevaux Sorry to hear about your car troubles. They are the worse! I was going through that earlier this year, and unfortunately I've got quite a long commute (and still going into the office most days) that not having one wasn't an option. I'm glad you at least have the option of going at it with no car. It sucks to have to buy when it's not planned.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @wanderinglight - 7 pounds is one month is fantastic! I think you really nailed it in one word: HOPE. It's an essential tool that we need to continue on this journey. Across MFP you often hear people bemoan that they can't lose weight, that their metabolism is destroyed, that their bodies just hold on to weight. But time and time again, all of us "unicorns" are proving them wrong. Yes, it is hard, yes it involves sacrifice; yes it goes painfully slow at times and not always in the right direction; yes it takes patience. But above all, it takes HOPE. Believing that it works if you work it - day in day out. Time after time, people like you confirm that for the rest of us.

Well done.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    edited August 2020
    How can it be the end of August already??

HW: 257 (June 2019)

August SW: 201.4
    8/2: 204.2 (highest August weight)
    8/5: 201.6
    8/12: 201
    8/19: 199.4
    8/25: 196.8 (lowest August weight)
    8/26: 197.8
    8/31: 200.4 (we had corned beef for dinner last night, and I'm feeling all that sodium today!)

Big goal 1 achieved: Below 200! ✅
    Mini goal achieved: 60 lbs lost! ✅
    August goal achieved: Be regularly below 200 ✅ (trend weight is 198!)

Next mini goal: Into the 180's
    Next BIG goal: 174 lbs - out of obese and into overweight
    Ultimate goal: TBD

Kind of impressed that I actually achieved my goals this month! I'll have to think through my September goals now. I usually don't plan quite that far ahead...
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Closing out August and looking forward to September!

49 years old; 5'6"
    SW: 236.4 (9/8/19)
    7/31: 191.6
    8/7: 189.5
    8/12: 188.3
    8/19: 189.5
    8/26: 191.3
    8/31: 189.9

See you guys on the new thread!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    End of August Check In
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    Lowest May weight: 251.4
    6/1:254
    6/30 251.6
    7 /1:250.4
    7/29: 249
    8/1: 249.2
    8/6: 248.8
    8/7: 247.6 (8/7)
    CW: 248

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

Aug Goal weight: 244 (I didn't do this)

My Aug Goals are:
    1. Continue to log, get enough sleep and water intake and stay under calorie goal with healthy meals at home.:)I am did this but sometimes my water intakes goes down.
    2. Get some exercise 5-6 days a week and up NEAT. Try to exceed 150 min. of exercise/week. Now that I have my Zip I will see what steps I am getting and then set a goal each week to up it.I was doing well with upping exercise until lately with job interviews and medical appointments.
    3. I want to get well in the mid to low 240s and not see any weight in the 250s again. I am close to 20 lbs loss. Didn't do this. I slipped up into the low 250s last week but am back down now.
    4. My goal is to de-clutter my house starting with my art room. This should help with goal #2.:/I haven't started with this since I have had to add looking for a job to the to do list.

I have lost 18.4 lbs so far. I went down an obese class and my BMI went down. I now have less than 100 lbs to lose. All accomplishments but I have a lot to go. If you take todays weight I only lost 1.2 lbs but from my low of the month it would be 1.8 lbs which is almost half of what I wanted to lose. Too Slow especially when considering how fast I can gain! End of the month distractions are to blame: celebrating my daughter's graduation, medical issues, job loss and job search. Today I am having blood draw so I may be down tomorrow for September's 1st weigh in.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Underneath my flabby skin, I can feel my muscles getting stronger, and that's such an awesome feeling. I would like to be a woman in her 50s who is comfortable in her own skin, with scars and stretch marks and wobbly bits, who celebrates the little things in life, who can walk for miles on chunky legs and be grateful! Well done to your losses and NSV! Good luck for next week which happens to be a new month, and on our side of the world Spring!

I can relate. I am 51 and aging. I want to be fit because I know when I am fit I feel great when I move, there is just a spring in my step. It also helps so much with other life stressors. I feel accomplished when I go for a bike ride or strength train. I want to be able to walk miles when I am 60...70...80... I also want to lose weight because it is easier on my joints and better for my health.

SW: 233.6
    CW: 225.2
    Days on mfp: 22
  • KeriA
    A lot to read and reply too this weekend.
    @wanderlight I think you get a prize for such comprehensive check ins. It is showing in your progress. Glad you are happy with the month.

@mmdeveau I hate car issues. I love our Honda Fit. We have this one smallish car for 3 adults right now. It actually is bigger on the inside than it appears on the outside. I want a ebike though.

@RavenStCloud thanks for posting next months thread!

@ChrysalisCove Nice progress this month

@astroamy I liked your well planned day yesterday with bike ride and Cheesecake Factory!

@speyerj what a milestone! Congrats!

@CupcakeCruesoe loved the meal planner

@motivatedsister great August.

MuttiNM WOW!

@eliezalot great achievements.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in the September thread.
  • mmdeveau
    mmdeveau Posts: 107 Member
    Welcome to all the people who have found us this month! It’s never too late to join, just follow the road to the September thread.

I didn’t realize that I would hit that 1-year anniversary this month. I have been weighing myself daily since the week after Labor Day last year, so my mind always thinks of that as the start of this round of weight loss. In truth, I started again in May 2019 with small changes to get back in the swing of things. I started eating more reasonably, but I wasn’t tracking. I started walking again, making sure I built up my endurance and conditioning slowly. I made sure I was increasing my water intake. And then I started tracking my food and activity only in August, ahead of my intended “start” after Labor Day when I began weighing.

I know it seems overwhelming now, but I came to appreciate any progress. There is always some progress, it’s not all about the scale. Also, the helpful thing for me was to state my shorter term goals on this thread, which fed into more intermediate term goals I was tracking off of MFP. Focusing on what I can accomplish in one month is much less daunting than constantly thinking of the 100 pounds I had to lose.

Michelle
    46 years old
    Height: 5' 6"
    SW (09/08/2019): 239.2 lbs
    August SW (8/1/20): 161.4 lbs
    8/2/20: 159.2 lbs
    8/9/20: 157.4 lbs
    8/16/20: 156.8 lbs
    8/23/20: 159.8 lbs
    8/30/20: 159.4 lbs
    8/31/20: 159.8 lbs

August GW: under 160 lbs, solidly. By that I mean no more than a day a week above 160. For this past week, I think I was at 160.0 one day, and 15x.x every other day. So it seems I’m getting there. So very slowly. I really need to sit down and take a hard look at my plan. Overall, nine days at 160 or greater for the month of August.

GW: 150 lbs – I’m hoping to get to it by the end of September. I don’t think this is going to happen by end of September. Boo!

Goals for August:
    • Running: Run or run/walk at least three days a week. I got this one! Best long run was 10 miles. I ran 8.5 miles yesterday, and then biked for 10 miles to Target. Nothing will stop me from getting in a Target run! Really, I needed a pump for my bike so I could fix the front tire. I did that, and I was able to bike to the gym and do some grocery shopping this morning before work!
    • Cross training: At least three days a week of cross-training. Not being able to get to the gym for the last two weeks kept me from this one. It felt so great to get to the gym this morning!
    • Weight training: Start incorporating strength training in the routine. I’ve been doing planks, squats, and calf raises every other day, and increased the reps and/or length of time held.
    • Water: Keep drinking water, at least 128 ounces a day – Done
    • Skin: Be more regular with taking care of my skin. Still really bad.

I would love to tag, but it’s late and I want to post something! I hope things start easing up in September.

I know I’ll be pulling back on the running workouts a bit once I run the Virtual Broad Street Run. I’ll probably start working on a half-marathon training plan. Honestly, my body needs the relative amount of rest.

I found out that the car needs a new solenoid valve. “Only” $500 to repair. Glad it’s not a transmission replacement, but I had better plans for that $500. I still plan on biking more now I’ve figured out some of the logistics.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in the September thread! I really can’t believe that August is over!
  • KeriA
    @mmdeveau What a difference a year makes!