What's on your mind?

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    really wondering how much worse things would be if it was Corvid-19 instead

I've been wonderin this since the whole thing started, I'm glad I'm not alone

Brian Keene wrote a story years ago now about a zombie plague that ran wild. it eventually spread to birds too and that was that pretty much.
    so maybe? 🤞

I mighta read those, is that the one where the zombie plague was actually demons reanimating corpses? And didn't it actually start with a demon inhabiting a fish that bit someone? or am I getting that mixed up with the Australian movie "Undead" (I know the lead guy is punching zombie fish in that one)

he has two different zombie "universes" basically- one is the more standard mindless zombie plague from above.

the other is the one you're thinking of, "The Rising" series.
    they're not technically zombies at all in that, but djinn that have been set free and inhabit the corpses of our world. being bitten by one does nothing to you beyond killing you if the bite is serious enough, or exposing you to natural viruses, but if you do die, your body will be inhabited by another djinn, because there's billions of them waiting basically.

Man, how many zombie universes does one man NEED tho?! I guess he needs two, sort-of, but yeah. That's definitely the series I read all those years ago

tbf i think he's only done like 2 stories in the standard zombie plague series. i assume he just had to provide x number of books for his contract years ago and that's where the 2nd series came about.

the rising series ties into his overall mythos though, so you can tell he wrote it with more love imo. if you really wanna dive back into his stuff, i recommend starting with the earthworm gods series. the main character in the first one is a surrogate for his own grandfather and its pretty touching to read at times. plus cthulhu shows up at one point.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    how I have been listening to clubbed to death for months and years now but I never get sick of it
  • wanderwoman20
    wanderwoman20 Posts: 10 Member
    What shall I watch on tv tonight ? 🤔
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    really wondering how much worse things would be if it was Corvid-19 instead

I've been wonderin this since the whole thing started, I'm glad I'm not alone

Brian Keene wrote a story years ago now about a zombie plague that ran wild. it eventually spread to birds too and that was that pretty much.
    so maybe? 🤞

I mighta read those, is that the one where the zombie plague was actually demons reanimating corpses? And didn't it actually start with a demon inhabiting a fish that bit someone? or am I getting that mixed up with the Australian movie "Undead" (I know the lead guy is punching zombie fish in that one)

he has two different zombie "universes" basically- one is the more standard mindless zombie plague from above.

the other is the one you're thinking of, "The Rising" series.
    they're not technically zombies at all in that, but djinn that have been set free and inhabit the corpses of our world. being bitten by one does nothing to you beyond killing you if the bite is serious enough, or exposing you to natural viruses, but if you do die, your body will be inhabited by another djinn, because there's billions of them waiting basically.

Man, how many zombie universes does one man NEED tho?! I guess he needs two, sort-of, but yeah. That's definitely the series I read all those years ago

tbf i think he's only done like 2 stories in the standard zombie plague series. i assume he just had to provide x number of books for his contract years ago and that's where the 2nd series came about.

the rising series ties into his overall mythos though, so you can tell he wrote it with more love imo. if you really wanna dive back into his stuff, i recommend starting with the earthworm gods series. the main character in the first one is a surrogate for his own grandfather and its pretty touching to read at times. plus cthulhu shows up at one point.

I'll keep it in mind, though if I showed you my to-read pile you'd probably be offended. It's...deep
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Weighted blanket - maybe that will help stop me from getting out of bed and raiding the fridge

just a thought
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    What’s on my mind is if I should make big bowl of hot buttery popcorn and enjoy that or not. Even though it’s not good for me, I miss movie popcorn! I want to dive into a Cineplex bag with extra butter (I “blame” my 1% French Canadian heritage on my love for butter) and realize I ate half of it before the trailers even started.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Thinking about dropping some cash and fitting out a van to live in it. The ultimate gypsy move but it makes sense in a recession. I will park by the beach and hopefully not get arrested.

i LOVE this idea like its a dream of mine to do this

Yeah, but would get kinda lonely and would need to find a van commune or something, would miss housemates. Still have work and uni tho...It’s really hard here now with everything closed. Like, I have the library for internet/and computer, uni+gym for showers but not at the moment. It’s illegal to be homeless but I can just lie to the government and say I live at a friend’s house. But think of all that money I’m burning by renting and it would totally be worth it. Even just for like 12-18 months!

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

(Also it’s illegal to be homeless where you are?!?! This seems a cruel and a strange way to end homelessness).

I follow a couple car dwellers (or I used to, one only did it a year, one isn’t doing it cause of Covid right now) on YouTube. The one girl knows all the places you’re allowed to stay. Or at least normally. I’m sure it varies by state.
  • MelG7777
    hrichts wrote: »
    I need an extreme version of MFP, with an accountability structure that allowed for literal punches to the face if goals weren't met.

Not actually for fitness though (though I guess it works for that, too) but for other things.

Like a terrible SAW movie but for developing good habits

This could actually work for fitness goals though

‘Lose 25 lbs or you’ll lose a leg’ i mean either way you’re losing some weight

😂
  • MelG7777
    edited September 2020
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I wish i had a british accent sometimes. They can say basically anything and it sounds posh. “I left the rubbish until after I did the hooverin and now I have to hoover the carpet all over again. Litchrally a proper knob, aren’t I.”

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

I love it and could listen to it all day

not a fan of british accents tbh but idk why

Heck, we kicked'em out over two hundred years ago, just so we didn't have to listen to it.

"Pip, pip... jolly good show, spot of tea, off you pop!"

..... what are y'all talking about ??

I will not rise to the bait.

I will not rise to the bait.

I will not....

Imitate a yank accent! In the voice thread!
    Or hoser!

Ask and you shall receive. I'll have to do it for you later though and it will be dreadful I can assure you 😅

LIES LIES LIES! I’ve been fortunate enough to hear a good bit of this voice and.......swoon. 🥰

Oops....you meant the imitation? Do that for me next!😘
  • MelG7777
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I LOVE this place. And the way you all banter. So many times I think 'wish *I'd* thought of that'.

I used to think that all the time too, especially with one particular user that I thought was so uniquely funny and clever, and it used to make me feel so lame. I’ve realized though that it’s *because* we don’t come up with the same things that this place is interesting.

Lately I’ve been appreciating the people who openly laugh at things. My college roommate told me once that she felt stupid always being the one in the room laughing but never the one making anyone laugh. I was dumbfounded. She consistently made me feel like a million bucks because of her frequent laughter, and it pained me that she didn’t feel that same way around me. I grew up in a household where the one laughing was, by default, the least funny. My siblings so rarely laughed at what I said that to this day I consider a laugh one of the best compliments. For a long time I’d answer a joke back with another joke rather than a laugh because that was all I knew. It wasn’t until I was with someone who did that ALL THE TIME that I realized how much I hated it.

Now I try to make sure people know when I laugh at their stuff. It’s a great feeling, it should be shared. It’s already hard enough to know someone’s reaction on the internet where you can’t just see it.

If people had to choose to be around someone who was either very funny or who laughed freely but not both, it would be interesting to see what they’d choose. I know which one I’d choose. Luckily most everyone is some combination of both. Some people trigger me because they would NEVER admit to laughing at someone else’s joke. It’s like this weird power move. But I love people like you who openly share when they think something is clever or interesting. Maybe I have a flimsy ego that requires massaging, but I don’t think so. I think most everyone would feel similarly.

Ugh so many words, sorry

I love all these words. Never really thought about any of it this way. Thanks. ❤️
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    So the weather is still cooking hot in Palookaville, so I bail for the weekend.

Head up to the mountains.

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Even up here. Record high temperatures in the triple digits with the added pleasure of smoke blowing in from the Northern California wild fires.

...... maybe I can hop a flight to Antarctica??

there's room on the couch here - after all - it's going to snow tomorrow :D
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    I haven't seen my family in a year and I'm visiting them right now. When it was time for my niece to go to her dad's she threw the most dramatic crying fit running through the house and locking doors because she wanted to stay with me. 😅 I'm getting to see her tomorrow but she's never been good with goodbyes. That kid is sassy, high energy and hilarious. Got my whole heart ❤️.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Even up here. Record high temperatures in the triple digits with the added pleasure of smoke blowing in from the Northern California wild fires.

I’ve got a spare bedroom! Bring a touque
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    What shall I watch on tv tonight ? 🤔

What are your options ?
  • MiNinaLisa

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

a fellow northerner i see * hands you gloves as well*
  • CacoEther
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Not as northern as I pretend. I’d love to be even further north but ever since this whole corolla-19 thing canada hasn’t returned any of my calls
  • MiNinaLisa

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Not as northern as I pretend. I’d love to be even further north but ever since this whole corolla-19 thing canada hasn’t returned any of my calls

just be prepared for 10 months of winter -

i work at the border ;) j/K!!!
  • CacoEther

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

just be prepared for 10 months of winter -

i work at the border ;) j/K!!!

YOU TEASE