MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So the weather is still cooking hot in Palookaville, so I bail for the weekend.

Head up to the mountains.

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Even up here. Record high temperatures in the triple digits with the added pleasure of smoke blowing in from the Northern California wild fires.

...... maybe I can hop a flight to Antarctica??

I’ve got a spare bedroom! Bring a touque

a fellow northerner i see * hands you gloves as well*

Not as northern as I pretend. I’d love to be even further north but ever since this whole corolla-19 thing canada hasn’t returned any of my calls

just be prepared for 10 months of winter -

i work at the border ;) j/K!!!

YOU TEASE

eh! our premier will probably start non essential travel in the blink of an eye and open that border anyway... but you'll have to quarantine for two weeks.....

hmmm we can replace a few words in this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

Even up here. Record high temperatures in the triple digits with the added pleasure of smoke blowing in from the Northern California wild fires.

Not as northern as I pretend. I’d love to be even further north but ever since this whole corolla-19 thing canada hasn’t returned any of my calls

YOU TEASE

eh! our premier will probably start non essential travel in the blink of an eye and open that border anyway... but you'll have to quarantine for two weeks.....

Please don’t replace the album cover. 💋
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit late for those living more east but hey, it's Friday night or Saturday morning. Have fun all you crazy characters out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZpxaiNV_sM
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

YOU TEASE

obviously won't - it's a classic!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

YOU TEASE

obviously won't - it's a classic!

🔥
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

YOU TEASE

To quote an indie Canadian band Stars, “it’s so cold in the country October to May” which is 8 months. so...not entirely a jest. *also hands you warm boots - learn from my mistakes*
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

there's room on the couch here - after all - it's going to snow tomorrow :D

<3
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

On my way!

Wait.

..... what’s a touque?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Self improvement and focus is a long arduous journey but its worth it. Learning to be alone and being fine being alone is a very very difficult thing to do.

Not an introvert are you? I found being alone very empowering, not being held accountable for every decision or action I made. Not being judged or worried all the time.
    If you look hard, there are definite pros being alone, until you find that certain someone who is just right for you. Good luck and glad you're finding the journey worth it. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I seriously am losing respect for the way humanity treats Mother Earth. It's sad and maddening. And as they say, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    My criteria for picking out cards:
    -Are there too many words? Because I usually put it back on the shelf if it’s too long. It would have to be REALLY good and for someone REALLY good to have a lot of words.
    -How expensive is it? When did stupid cards become over $6? Unless it’s REALLY good from someone REALLY good I’m gonna throw it away. And I assume they are gonna too.

Also....50-75% of cards I forget to give anyway. Why do I actually ever buy cards?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I had bottled water and pure protein shakes to give to the delivery guys 😏 they were grateful for the protein, said no one offered them anything all day

Feeling bad I didn't have a tip 😑
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

there's room on the couch here - after all - it's going to *kitten* tomorrow :D

Stop swearing Lisa.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I had bottled water and pure protein shakes to give to the delivery guys 😏 they were grateful for the protein, said no one offered them anything all day

Feeling bad I didn't have a tip 😑

Many people appreciate it when offered the tip.

Others..... not so much.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    -Are there too many words? Because I usually put it back on the shelf if it’s too long. It would have to be REALLY good and for someone REALLY good to have a lot of words.
    -How expensive is it? When did stupid cards become over $6? Unless it’s REALLY good from someone REALLY good I’m gonna throw it away. And I assume they are gonna too.

Also....50-75% of cards I forget to give anyway. Why do I actually ever buy cards?

I get my cards in the Dollar Tree 2 for $1 section. I think it really tells people I care that I go out of my way to a completely different store
  • MiNinaLisa
    edited September 2020
    Options

Cool pine trees.
    Fresh air.
    Cold running streams.

Wrong.

there's room on the couch here - after all - it's going to *kitten* tomorrow :D

Stop swearing Lisa.

YOU LITTLE MINKY! you changed it - bratty girl! :D
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I get my cards in the Dollar Tree 2 for $1 section. I think it really tells people I care that I go out of my way to a completely different store

Smart! If I plan ahead I do too. But I usually splurge for the $1 Hallmark ones. 😂
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    Its Fathers Day today and I'm thinking how lucky I am to have such an awesome dad <3

happy father's day to him Jo - i hope he's doing well <3
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Its Fathers Day today and I'm thinking how lucky I am to have such an awesome dad <3

happy father's day to him Jo - i hope he's doing well <3

aww🤗 thank you Lisa. We've had some recent health issues and get results from tests on Wednesday. But he is in good spirits and not too much pain. He can be such a kid.. he ate dark chocolate covered ginger for breakfast 😂