Turbo Jammers 3/2-3/8

Options

Replies

• micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind if I crash this party. I just joined MFP yesterday and I've been scanning the boards looking for a place to land. Since I love Turbo Jam this seemed to be the place.

Having been away from TJ for a few months I did CardioParty 1 this morning. Such a good reminder to me of why it is that I've loved TJ for the past few years.

hugs to everyone today
    michele
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    As far as my ticker...this past weekend I hit the halfway point of my goal (woohoo!). I think I had a 3 pound loss last week No WI this week due to TOM I'm getting excited to reach 20 pounds gone!

Gottaluvboyz...WTG, so proud of you!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

That 365 day book is a great idea too! I'd love to try it, but I'm not very good with keeping up with stuff like that :frown: I have about 15 years worth of picture sin two huge trunks that I keep saying I'm going to organize and scrapbook...It's just completely overwhelming :laugh:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind if I crash this party. I just joined MFP yesterday and I've been scanning the boards looking for a place to land. Since I love Turbo Jam this seemed to be the place.

Having been away from TJ for a few months I did CardioParty 1 this morning. Such a good reminder to me of why it is that I've loved TJ for the past few years.

hugs to everyone today
    michele

Welcome to the group...glad to have you join us!!!! Great job w/ today's workout:drinker:

Megan...thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    Options

hugs to everyone today
    michele

Hi Michele!
    Welcome to the site and the TJ group!!! We're so glad to have you! Good job on your workout today. Like you, I got TJ a while ago, then got away from it, these ladies got me motivated again...they're awesome!
    :flowerforyou:
    Megan
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Megan...that's b/c...

we_rock.gif

:laugh:

Hi, Michele! Glad you decided to join us!

I'm being a bad TJ'er right now. I got AJ done & am having a "water break"...here I sit. D'oh! Need to get moving while the kiddos are asleep!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OMG the excitement!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Sara I am dying to hear how you get on!!! I will have to log in early in the morning tomorrow to find out as it will be like 3am here or something when you are doing it lol :laugh:

Good luck Drevonsmon with the interview - fingers crossed for you !! What will you have to do WHEN you get the job?

I got in CP1 lastnight and worked up just over 500cals which I was surprised and delighted with, I had figured it to be around 350ish - I am loving my HRM!!

I have got a free gym in work that I can use (Only found out today) so I will be taking full benefit of that starting from tomorrow on my lunch! Every little helps!!

Sara - you have to let us know how you get on - Dont be nervous - Enjoy every minute of it!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    deedun...wtg on the calorie burn and enjoy that gym membership!!!

Just finished P,K, & J...more later on tonight.
  • micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome everyone. I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy myself here.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    First off...

POOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooP! Jenelle teaches at the other one. I was given mis-information or someone was misled or whatever. I still might go try to take her class one of these days, but I had a rocking chick named Angie tonight...and here is that story. Not as star-filled & I don't have a new BFF named Jenelle, but whatever. :laugh:

The class kicked my butt! 745 cals in an hour including 5 min. of abs at the end (b/c the rest of the dang class didn't want to do the dance party. Buttheads. Don't they know I already DID my abs for the day. The audacity. :wink:). There were only a couple moves that I'd never seen before & I'm pretty sure they were pulled right out of the sky but they were good, too. I kept up really well, if i do say so myself. The one thing that was odd was that in between sets, she had everyone get their water (which I forgot :mad: ) and most of the people literally just stood there. Not many people kept moving. There I am with my weighted gloves, jumping around like an idiot, sweating PUDDLES and people are standing there. I don't think they understood the class very well. :ohwell:

Sooo...and hour later, we finish class and my friend & I go up to talk to her about her schedule b/c (according to Carrie) she's MUCH better than the other instructor. SHE teaches at the other one, too, she's just filling in for the night. BOO! BUT, Carrie walks away & she starts talking to me b/c she "noticed me" (and my dorky gloves). She asked me how long I'd been doing Turbo Kick. Umm...about an hour. So then we start talking about TJ. THEN wanted to know if I ever thought about being an instructor. OH EM GEE! There's a training coming up in my area at the end of March & she could get me $50 off the class fee. Yippy! I told her about my lack of being able to talk while I workout & she said that all that is is practice. She said you learn how to dial it back while you are teaching just enough to be able to shout out instruction. I think I could do that...eventually.

What do you girls think?! I'm torn. I really am. I don't think I'll be getting a gym membership simply b/c I'd have to drive about 20-25 min. to take the class when I could simply put a dvd in my dvd player & do it at home. I'd love to use the machines, but I have some serious Mommy Guilt & dragging my kids to a gym to leave them in a daycare while I use the elliptical makes me feel dirty. BUT, if I were teaching a class...then I could feel a little better about it b/c I'd actually be making some money! HELP! She gave me her card & said I should e-mail her so we can talk about it further. Eek!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Oh, Sara...that rocks!!! I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!! I am so proud of you:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Sarah,
    I am so excited for you!! All things happen for a reason ~ you went to that class at that time and the instructor noticed you giving it your all. It's a wonderful opportunity ~ try not to miss out on any that come your way~ you only end up wondering "gee, I wonder if.... (fill in the blank)" Besides, the gym probably has greaty day care, the kiddos will be in a healthy environment and it won't be like hours and hours, will it?? You are a role model, not only do you get to be a teriffic nurturer but you are modeling a healthy lifestyle, which is tremendously important. Talk to DH and see what he thinks ~ I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. If it were me .... I'm with Gottaluvboys.. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So very proud of you:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I finished off the nite w/ FB and It was really good - Can't believe I am exercising like twice as much as I used to since joining this site and really enjoying it!!

Wonder how Drevansmom's interview went??

Welcome MIchele ~ glad you're here to join us:flowerforyou:

Have a fantastic nite ladies,
    J
  • annette02
    annette02 Posts: 23
    Options
    well, no workout today....:cry: I was looking forward to working out after work today, like I normally do on wed. But, then I remembered I had to pick up diapers after work so, I stoped at target, well....with no hubby or kids, I enjoyed myself a little too much! :happy: I got to browse at all the neat new spring stuff without anyone wanting or needing something........so I kind of took advantage of the alone time.:blushing:

But, getting up early and getting my workout in. Hopefully CP and AJ.

drevansmom~GOOD LUCK!! I hope your interview went well!

Michele~ Welcome! :flowerforyou: I am fairly new to this thred also. These girls are very motivational!!! Just reading there post makes me wanna get up and get moving. (((*thanks girls for the motivation*)))
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    well, no workout today....:cry: I was looking forward to working out after work today, like I normally do on wed. But, then I remembered I had to pick up diapers after work so, I stoped at target, well....with no hubby or kids, I enjoyed myself a little too much! :happy: I got to browse at all the neat new spring stuff without anyone wanting or needing something........so I kind of took advantage of the alone time.:blushing:

But, getting up early and getting my workout in. Hopefully CP and AJ.

drevansmom~GOOD LUCK!! I hope your interview went well!

Michele~ Welcome! :flowerforyou: I am fairly new to this thred also. These girls are very motivational!!! Just reading there post makes me wanna get up and get moving. (((*thanks girls for the motivation*)))

Oh, I am SO guilty of the Target-Wandering when no one is with me! You'll get that workout in today, I'm sure of it!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thank you, Dragonfly! :smooched:

I slept on the idea & it sounds like an interesting opportunity. I think I'm going to e-mail the chick with this giant list of questions I have & see where it goes from there!

Oh! I meant to tell y'all last night about how after it was all said & done, Angie (the instructor) asked me, "Do you do ChaLene Extreme?! It is AWESOME!" :laugh: I told her I was intimidated by the big, scary weights. LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, Sara...that rocks!!! I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!! I am so proud of you:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Kelly! :smooched: :blushing:
  • megan0313
    Options
    What do you girls think?! I'm torn. I really am. I don't think I'll be getting a gym membership simply b/c I'd have to drive about 20-25 min. to take the class when I could simply put a dvd in my dvd player & do it at home. I'd love to use the machines, but I have some serious Mommy Guilt & dragging my kids to a gym to leave them in a daycare while I use the elliptical makes me feel dirty. BUT, if I were teaching a class...then I could feel a little better about it b/c I'd actually be making some money! HELP! She gave me her card & said I should e-mail her so we can talk about it further. Eek!

I totally agree with Dragonfly and Gottaluvboyz! You should go for it...at least seriously look into it! Who knows what opportunities it might open up for you, and you don't want to look back with regret. If nothing else you can proudly say you gave it a try! :smile: And I think the kids would love going with you to the gym and getting some play time, and what a great lesson for them...that Mommy cares enough about herself and them to take such good care of herself. It's definitely not selfish! I'm really glad you had such a good night...and I have a feeling you'll be rubbing elbows with Janelle before long!! :wink: :laugh:

Today's a rest day for me (kinda), my mom and I are going to my sister's which is half way across the state, so I'll be gone all day. I'll check in tonight to catch up.

Have a great day everyone!
    :heart:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    You said it perfectly, Dragonfly!:flowerforyou:

WTG on that workout...you have really inspired me to not only workout in the afternoon, but in the evenings as well! Keep up the good work:drinker:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Good for you, Annette...nothing wrong w/ some wandering (especially in Target:wink: ). Have a great workout today!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Megan...have a great day and lovely visit:flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning My Beauties,
    checking in with CP3 this morning ~ it was great!! I am pumped and ready to go, or is it the coffee, lol(that first cup is always outstanding:laugh: ) Hope everyone is ready for a fantastic day ~ minds and hearts open!!:heart:

Will pop in later to see how my friends are doing!!

Smooches!!