What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    My dad.

Had to admit him to the hospital again post-op. Post-release transition plan is to be a skilled nursing facility.

He doesn't know yet and it will be a struggle for him to accept with his dementia.

One of the hardest things to do knowing the transition will end up likely in permanent residency for his own good.

Hate the thought of him ever feeling alone and the restrictions these facilities are putting on visitation is only going to make that worse.

so sorry to hear Chris.....
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Someone just deleted me on Facebook. She posted a picture of her and her boyfriend with a Snapchat filter and I thought it was a joke so I laughed and said her boyfriend made a pretty girl 😒 Why do I always have to make things awkward 🤦‍♀️

If that’s all it took,
    I think you're better off. 😊
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    Someone just deleted me on Facebook. She posted a picture of her and her boyfriend with a Snapchat filter and I thought it was a joke so I laughed and said her boyfriend made a pretty girl 😒 Why do I always have to make things awkward 🤦‍♀️

not everyone gets someone with a *kitten* great sense of humor. her loss T. i laughed just reading this!
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    i wonder if it's ok that i'm feeding carrot and other veggie scraps to the bunny in the front yard . he's our house guard rabbit <3
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »

not everyone gets someone with a *kitten* great sense of humor. her loss T. i laughed just reading this!

I forgot to mention she's my cousin 😅😂
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The fact that folks (read: strangers) still don’t send a message with their FR reinforces my lack of faith in mankind

i heard fr dont put thru messages any more like all are blank even if u type in “♥️♥️😍😍 🍆 🍑 💦😏” they dont see nothing

Well this explains why some people have been accepting my friend requests.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    The fact that folks (read: strangers) still don’t send a message with their FR reinforces my lack of faith in mankind

I sent you a cutsey one!
    ...apparently, maybe lost in mfp purgatory?...heard they aren't coming through lately...meant to send you a message to make me less creepy?!

...but you know, the effort and stuff!

Anyhow - on another note - anyone who gets an accept these days should be flattered!
    ...or worried they are not special at all?!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Youins with elderly family members or friends experiencing health problems.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My dad.

Had to admit him to the hospital again post-op. Post-release transition plan is to be a skilled nursing facility.

He doesn't know yet and it will be a struggle for him to accept with his dementia.

One of the hardest things to do knowing the transition will end up likely in permanent residency for his own good.

Hate the thought of him ever feeling alone and the restrictions these facilities are putting on visitation is only going to make that worse.

My thoughts go out to you and your family. Something like that is never easy. Also, it's so hard to watch someone go from being a strong healthy parent to being child-like. So much grieving is done along the way, at every stage of loss. :(
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My dad.

So sorry Chris. I lost my Grandad to dementia last year and it was so hard seeing him go from a lively independent man to someone who didn't recognise his own family.

Your dad is so lucky to have you and your family there to support him. Keeping you all in my thoughts.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    My dad.

This is such a painful thought. Dementia is uniquely cruel for the affected one and family alike. I am so sorry.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Filaret 🤮
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    My dad.

Im so sorry Chris, its a tough road ahead. Your dad is lucky to have such a caring loving son 🙂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    My dad.

This is such a painful thought. Dementia is uniquely cruel for the affected one and family alike. I am so sorry.

Not to make light of these situations...but i have to laugh when my grandmother keeps telling me how much she loves my ex, and when will he come visit, sometimes she honestly forgets (alzheimers) ...sometimes she just wants to remind me she thinks I made a mistake 😬

And collecting $5 baby dolls is her new hobby lol.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    My dad.

Not to make light of these situations...but i have to laugh when my grandmother keeps telling me how much she loves my ex, and when will he come visit, sometimes she honestly forgets (alzheimers) ...sometimes she just wants to remind me she thinks I made a mistake 😬

And collecting $5 baby dolls is her new hobby lol.

My grandma had Alzheimer’s too and she was honestly adorable. She made my dad a bit uncomfy though because she flirted with him relentlessly. She thought he was my Grandpa. My poor dad, he was so sweet about it but it was heartbreaking too.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My dad.

I'm sorry for your troubles Brother...
    2020... Wtf 🤷🏽‍♂️

Strength and peace to you my friend 💕
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    i got almost 11 hours sleep last night and it didnt help