Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Options

Replies

• amina71016
    amina71016 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! Please be kind and patient with yourself <3
  • amina71016
    Options
    @iloveeggnog 100 days - amazing! I'm so impressed. You *should* be so proud of yourself!
  • amina71016
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Nothing like fitting into old jeans to make you feel like a badass! WTG!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday:

This has been a really tough week and I am proud of what I did accomplish. My son and husband had a bike accident last Wednesday. Thankfully my son is fine but my husband is in the hospital with 5 fractured ribs and a punctured lung. He is in surgery as I write this for his 3rd chest tube. We are hoping the procedure is successful and that with proper placement they can drain the air from his chest cavity and his lung can start to heal property. If not they may have to put a patch on the lung. At first i was coming everyday to see him but we have been limiting my visits recently because of Covid risk. I’m here now trying to distract myself.

I feel silly posting this week in light of all of that. Fitting in a few workouts and extending them beyond my 40 minute goal was a major accomplishment for me. My body feels stronger. Also not eating my feelings and not medicating stress with unlimited food was a big accomplishment. Which is not to say that I have been perfect but I am proud I did not backslide completely.

I am so sorry! It is so important at times like this to continue to take care of yourself too and so hard to do so I am proud of you that your are working on this and having some success.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116, sending warm thoughts to your family. Those are HUGE accomplishments, it is very easy to turn to food during times of stress like that.

@speyerj, thank you for the welcome back! I am excited to be back in this community.

@lilann1961, welcome back! Love your goals, we can do this.

@wanderinglight, beautiful photo!

@MuttiNM, thank you for your kind words. I do feel like I am in a good spot now. And, I actually weight what is on my driver's license for the first time in many years, so that is very exciting for you! I live in Nebraska and we are having some weird weather right now, it is very chill out when about two days ago it was close to 100 degrees.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 I'm so sorry to read about the bike accident. I'm praying your husband's operation went well. Well done for not leaning on food to comfort you, but honestly just be kind to yourself no matter what you do or don't do!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I hope everyone has a really good day today! I woke up without the alarm, just before it went off, and the morning weight was back to its usual fluctuations so I think that means my shoulders and back have healed up. I'm really feeling energetic and ready to do everything that needs doing today, and I love that feeling!

I have a lot of cooking to do today for my in-laws and so that's the main thing scheduled today, that and putting away the laundry that hung to dry last night. We're going to have another hot humid day, bleah. It's September, time for fall!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @MuttiNM I've just read your post, you have lost a phenomenal amount of weight, what an inspiration! Glad we don't need our weight on our license!! Imagine how many false numbers there must be!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Catching up but it's a lot! Kids went back to all virtual school in NY so I'm balancing plates here as they get settled into a routine. Eating has been ok. I'm up a pound since my low last weigh in but considering I had a few "food heavy" get togethers recently I'll take it. Managed to get 30 minutes on the assault bike (about 200 calories) while the kids ate lunch. All my meals are logged for the day and I'm on track!

@aliciap0116 well wishes for your husband
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I forgot. Yesterday I did 30 minutes on my Gazelle and after dinner I took my husband for a walk too despite the smoke. I also got all my water intake yesterday. Hope today goes the same. Also when I was logging in my food plan I saw that 1 item was set for 2 of something when I been having only 1 of them. I had to go back and correct the last 3 days. I have been having less calories that I thought. Which means the scale should be down more than it is. :|

There use to be on MFP a little grumbling animated emoji. I loved that guy.