Women 200lb+, Let's Seize the Day This September!!!

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    @KeriA my friend swears by Brooks. Yours are lovely!

@MuttiNM decluttering feels so good. I'm waiting for the Vets to start doing pickups by me again so I can unload a ton of stuff!

@torihudson6 my gym is happily still doing online workouts also since they opened last week. I'm miserable working out at home. Finding this gym 3 years ago and doing group fitness with the amazing community there is my true happy place. I'm just not fit enough to manage working out in a mask :/

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @KeriA Your Brooks are really lovely, wishing you many happy healthy miles in them! Vietnamese food is such an unknown here but I love Asian food so I'm sure I would love the fresh taste! I've also been using my resistance bands, mainly for arms, just trying to develop a habit of using them first!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2020
    Friday weigh in day!

The scale was not super nice to me today, but the baby kept me up really late last night, so that probably didn't help. My calories this week have been good, just gotta wait the scale out.

vqob198ikgji.jpg

Christina
    31 years old
    5'4''
    SW: 207
    CW (8/31): 183.4
    9/4:xxxx
    9/11: 182.6 (-0.8)
    9/18:
    9/25:
    GW: Into the 170s

Goals:
    🍁 Log everything in grams ✅
    🍂 Honor the workouts ✅ ish. I am back to avoiding weight lifting, but love running: my standard position.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

• torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    9/4: 241
    9/11: 239

September Goals
    *Weighing under 241 for month of September--good so far
    *Continue exercising 3-5x a week, preferably 4--accomplished!
    *Track food daily, even when over calorie goals--successful!
    *Continue practicing self-kindness when working on relationship with food--always a work in progress, but I was able to control my cravings this week.

I am happy to see this number. I had originally dropped into the high 230s briefly in May. Then quarantine hit full force and I gained it back plus some, so this is quite the accomplishment for me.

@jayemes, my gym is also doing online posting so people can still access their services, but finding that motivation to work out at home is quite difficult. Hopefully things will slowly ease back into "normal" soon enough.

@CupcakeCrusoe, great consistency! And you have a great Friday as well :smile:

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971, I hope today goes smoothly for you!

@ThisMagicMoment, you got this! And what a lovely goal to achieve. Enjoy your weekend, too!

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @speyerj Yes Portland’s air quality is the worst today, then Vancouver BC, then Seattle. I am glad it is cooling there. It is a bit cooler here today finally so the question is do I slip in an exercise session indoors. I am so glad we bought those air purifyers for the cats. Don’t ask 2020 what else it’s got please! Sorry you didn’t get to row or run. I am glad it has had a weight loss benefit. This is getting to me too. I too have worked on staying positive. Through staying home, furlough, my daughter not being able to have a graduation ceremony from college, being laid off and having to take care of medical issues when it isn’t really safe to do it I stayed positive but the fires and smoke is just too much. I was worried about those in Louisiana who were hit by a hurricane and no one helped. This country used to be there to help each other.

@pamiede there is much to be said for slow weight loss. Protein is good too.
    @TeacherMamaJen take care right now. You need your sleep not just for losing but for keeping well. Don’t worry about weight for now just stay safe and healthy.
    @Riddikulus89 I like you last goal the best – be kind to yourself. I know you have a great motivating factor right now but I think that the way to approach this isn’t to think of getting slimmer for a wedding but figuring out a sustainable relationship with food for the rest of your life which is highly compatible with the last line of your post. It seems to me you realize that temporary weight loss isn’t the best goal whatever the results. A lifetime of healthy eating and exercise is. Healthy eating isn’t denying yourself foods you love. It means eating healthy foods and figuring out how to balance that with your activity level.

@torihudson6 good for you getting that workout in at home. I too really struggled since the gym closed with exercise. I finally have some things that work but exercise is the 1st thing out the window for me now when before Aquafit was the last thing out the window. I miss working out in a pool so much. I am glad you are starting to seeing some progress again.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself I am sorry that it was a hard day at home but glad there were some personal progress to celebrate too.
    @CupcakeCrusoe yes bad night sleep can definitely show on the scale.

I did my daily log/food plan today. I do not put as much pressure on myself to get exercise on the weekends since I am still struggling with 5 days a week lately but with a long weekend last week I am going to try to do something today inside of course with this bad air. It is cooler too than it has been this past week. I am making a Greek dish to use up our tomatoes tonight, Fasolakia. I was going to make it last night but decided leftovers were a better idea since it was too hot to cook. We had Coronation chicken again. Tomorrow I am going to make pico de gallo for chicken tacos/fajitas. We were going to do some yard work this weekend but that is now out. I am praying for rain and not just for Washington for California and Oregon and anywhere else that needs it. I can exercise in it not in smoke.
  • Today I had the meeting with the trainer. He gave me some exercises to do at home in addition to what I already do, and said, as far as weight work, "That stuff you're doing? Do that." So I will start an every day low weight low rep weight lifting practice, and gradually work upwards in weight. I will also begin riding a bike there and working that upwards time-wise. I also took the second week's food over to my in-laws.

My girlfriend is over the worst of the manic phase, and is back to doing her schoolwork. She still doesn't have much appetite, so we'll see how that shakes out regarding her weight loss.

Tonight I am having a very thin crust crispy sausage pizza, and enjoying the heck out of it. I've been staring at that crust and thinking about making pizza for about a week.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @speyerj Fires are devastating, praying for rain in your State! I remember last year Australia suffered from those terrible bush fires for months, heartbreaking.

You certainly had a good loss this week! My weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm in a panic for the first time in 6 months I've put on weight. Not because of eating, in fact, since Friday I've eaten fewer calories to try and spark a downward trend, yesterday I went on a very long brisk walk, but this morning I've picked up again. I've been trying to think of what I did that was different, I've gone on more walks outside and I've started doing resistance band/weight training. Today I'm not going to allow my calorie deficit to be so low, I'm going to eat more protein, and will log-in my weight regardless. It's an important moment on my journey, before I would use this as a stick to beat myself up and binge.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,155 Member
    Good luck with your weigh in @changeforeverlj . If you've lost weight for six months straight you're doing very well! One gain won't be the end of the world, don't let it send you on a binge!