RANTS

Options

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Trying to get 150 grams of protein in...im up to 120...i will literally be eating meat all day long😑

***Not really a rant...not long winded...maybe this should've gone in what irks me but im mfp lazy

Honestly... I think the whole protein buzz was created by big dairy and animal agriculture to sell more products 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I try to not sweat it so much... I have a shake every morning for breakfast and yogurt after dinner and with lunch but I've never been a meticulous macro counter...

That's just more effort than I'm willing to put in to this... ✌🏼

I opt for more protein because it keeps me full. If I hit the carbs too hard you best believe I'm eating the whole damn kitchen 😐
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Trying to get 150 grams of protein in...im up to 120...i will literally be eating meat all day long😑

***Not really a rant...not long winded...maybe this should've gone in what irks me but im mfp lazy

Honestly... I think the whole protein buzz was created by big dairy and animal agriculture to sell more products 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I try to not sweat it so much... I have a shake every morning for breakfast and yogurt after dinner and with lunch but I've never been a meticulous macro counter...

If I hit 100 grams of protein, I feel like I'm the epitome of health.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    WORK FABLE

ACT I
    - receive invoice with incorrect price and tax
    - contact company to change both
    - Invoice comes again without tax but at an even higher price
    - Call them out on their shenanabananigans
    - Invoice comes a third time at previous incorrect price but no tax
    - contemplate going full Karen
    - Invoice is finally fixed
    - Pay invoice

ACT II - 3 months later
    - receive statement from same company showing a random amount
    - Contact to inquire about said invoice
    - No response
    - Receive statement 2nd month showing charge plus interest
    - Contact repeatedly to again request missing invoice
    - Nut’n honey
    - receive statement showing charge plus finance charge plus interest
    - Pay the whole *kitten* thing in a desperate act of anxiety self-care and include hand-written note demanding someone respond to my inquiries about missing invoice
    - Email arrives days later for an incorrect charge. The one i paid for plus interest plus finance charges.
    - Respond with request that all charges be refunded now that they can see that it was their error
    - No response

ACT III (present day)
    -receive statement showing charge for TRAILING INTEREST OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

Math is Hard.

• _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    WORK FABLE

ACT I
    - Pay invoice

ACT II - 3 months later
    - No response
    - Nut’n honey
    - Pay the whole *kitten* thing in a desperate act of anxiety self-care and include hand-written note demanding someone respond to my inquiries about missing invoice
    - Email arrives days later for an incorrect charge. The one i paid for plus interest plus finance charges.
    - Respond with request that all charges be refunded now that they can see that it was their error
    - No response

ACT III (present day)
    -receive statement showing charge for TRAILING INTEREST OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

I feel every single part of this so hard.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    WORK FABLE

ACT I
    - Pay invoice

ACT II - 3 months later
    - No response
    - Nut’n honey
    - No response

ACT III (present day)

Time for a new vendor
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    WORK FABLE

ACT I
    - Pay invoice

ACT II - 3 months later
    - No response
    - Nut’n honey
    - No response

ACT III (present day)

Time for a new vendor

I dunno..... 'Nut n' Honey' is pretty good.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

I think it depends on the individual...ive neen playing with macros for ever...my proteins low with low calorie...my hair falls out and weight loss stalls. Protein higher with lower carbs...i keep my hair 😊and lose weight. Right now I'm trying to hit a magical number 1. To challenge myself and 2. See what happens...for research
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    @Revolu7

Bumping for you
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    can't stand usage of the phrase "furbaby"

Oh my gosh yes, I have a dog and would never call her my furbaby. Maybe “little pupperino of love” or “fuzzy wuzzy little doggy-poo” but never furbaby. Ironically she’s not that little.

I might get a disagree for this, but the term “littles” also irritates me. I don’t know why, but it’s irritating. “Me and the littles went to the park”, just say “my kids”. (Braced for the disagrees).

I can't stand "littles" either but it bugs me a bit less than "kiddos" which drives me up a WALL.

To me, "kiddos" is extra horrible (and very condescending) when used by teachers or parents of "kiddos" who are technically young adults/adults with some form of disability.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Covid is not lethai to the overwhelming majority of the people on this earth. Its not even noticed by more than half even if they contract it, and even if they do, it just goes away in a couple of weeks.

So i guess that means its stupid to wear a mask, right? No. Because there are still a small amount of people this virus can kill should they contract it. I am not the least bit concerned about contracting it. I am concerned about spreading it. I dont want to be the reason anyone gets sick or even worse, dies. If wearing a mask in a public establishment does even a tiny bit to help with that, im okay with it. I dont give a *kitten* about politics and what it does and doesnt mean to wear a mask,. If it gets proven down the road that masks accomplished nothing in slowing the spread, i wont feel foolish, because i know i made an effort even if it was futile.

I look at it this like this. What if wearing a mask stopped people from getting cancer? Would you wear it? What if you could have saved even one life out of millions from an agonozing death, would you do it? Or would you complain that it infringes on your rights and is uncomfortable to wear it. Ok, i served this country for your right to freely complain about *kitten* you dont like. But when your country asks you to do something, you better not be the same ones bitching about kneeling for the anthem, as well as bitching about wearing masks......that would make you a hypocrite. Your country needs you to protect the weak, so you dont get to complain about " non patriots" while being one yourself.

well said T. thank you... <3
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Covid is not lethai to the overwhelming majority of the people on this earth. Its not even noticed by more than half even if they contract it, and even if they do, it just goes away in a couple of weeks.

So i guess that means its stupid to wear a mask, right? No. Because there are still a small amount of people this virus can kill should they contract it. I am not the least bit concerned about contracting it. I am concerned about spreading it. I dont want to be the reason anyone gets sick or even worse, dies. If wearing a mask in a public establishment does even a tiny bit to help with that, im okay with it. I dont give a *kitten* about politics and what it does and doesnt mean to wear a mask,. If it gets proven down the road that masks accomplished nothing in slowing the spread, i wont feel foolish, because i know i made an effort even if it was futile.

I look at it this like this. What if wearing a mask stopped people from getting cancer? Would you wear it? What if you could have saved even one life out of millions from an agonozing death, would you do it? Or would you complain that it infringes on your rights and is uncomfortable to wear it. Ok, i served this country for your right to freely complain about *kitten* you dont like. But when your country asks you to do something, you better not be the same ones bitching about kneeling for the anthem, as well as bitching about wearing masks......that would make you a hypocrite. Your country needs you to protect the weak, so you dont get to complain about " non patriots" while being one yourself.

See? Simple logic. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

What’s to “disagree” with here?

Does wearing a mask in public harm you even a little? NOPE.
    Does wearing a mask in public potentially (even a little) keep others from harm? YUP.
    Or are you petty and disagree with all my comments and selfies because you don’t like me? MOST LIKELY.

Either way, just wear the mask, loser.

all the this, K - thanks my friend! <3
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    What gives me a pinch. When someone says 'my kiddos' and they're not your kids. Regardless if you're babysitting or teaching them, they are not your kids. Maintain your boundaries and respect their parents. They are not your kids, kiddos, littles and never will be. Blurred boundaries cause problems.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    What gives me a pinch. When someone says 'my kiddos' and they're not your kids. Regardless if you're babysitting or teaching them, they are not your kids. Maintain your boundaries and respect their parents. They are not your kids, kiddos, littles and never will be. Blurred boundaries cause problems.

I dont agree with this. I have not said this ever in a way to claim children that are not "mine". However, in my position im with them a huge portion of their days, put in a lot of love and time, and really deeply care about their well being and successes. When I speak about them its out of pride over their struggles and triumphs, its out of frustration and love, its out of all the blood sweat and tears we put in together as a team...and sometimes im their only "parental" figure...so if they accidentally call me mom or I out of love I call them my kids ....its because that love and bonding was built...just like in any other kind of "family" support system. So how that is offensive or hurtful? Im not understanding
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I'm coming from a long line of teachers and school superintendents...they are not your kids. We simply haven't got the time to address it. Blurred boundaries cause problems. It diminishes respect and that road runs both directions.