RANTS

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Generally speaking, I'm coming from a long line of teachers and school superintendents...they are not your kids. We simply haven't got the time to address it. Blurred boundaries cause problems. It diminishes respect and that road runs both directions.

Id love to understand in what ways. Just using term kids does not mean I'm showing up to carpool them to games or going to dinners. Words do not equal actions. What blurred boundaries? And deminishes respect???
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @Plenty of Protein. I didn't read your initial post. I was simply agreeing with another member here above me about littles and kiddos.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Generally speaking, I'm coming from a long line of teachers and school superintendents...they are not your kids. We simply haven't got the time to address it. Blurred boundaries cause problems. It diminishes respect and that road runs both directions.

• PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    how do y’all feel about when i call my cats my furkiddos and let them roam the neighborhood without a leash

Furriekiddos is the preferred term.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Revolu7 You said it so well!!! Thank you!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Some days I want to rant about life in general. :( When there is absolutely nothing that can be done to change the course of events happening in a loved one's life and life is taking both of them further down. :( Plus it's going to be more of the same over the next few months.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Trying to get 150 grams of protein in...im up to 120...i will literally be eating meat all day long😑

***Not really a rant...not long winded...maybe this should've gone in what irks me but im mfp lazy

Fage 5% greek yoghurt mixed with protein powder is one of my go tos for boosting protein

I drink a protein drink and don't want to over use it for a source of protein...ill need probably more meat to get 30 more grams in

i eat a lot of lentils, chickpeas and beans. yeah i know some people find them meh. but it's all about how they're prepared. they're VERY high in protein, great fibre wise and are inexpensive super filling. :) i don't eat meat because it upsets my stomach and the last time i had a steak at a resto *pre covid* - i got the worst food poisoning i'd never wish on my worse enemy!

perhaps something to consider?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    really wish they'd hurry up with the covid vaccine 😡 people are dying
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    You know..
    I kinda like wearing mask 🤷🏽‍♂️... I think they are pretty cool and fun, like everywhere you go is a mascarade party or something 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Like some days I get to pretend I'm a bank robber, or like a ninja, or secret crime fighter 🤷🏽‍♂️... 😂

This made me giggle 🙊
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    You know..
    I kinda like wearing mask 🤷🏽‍♂️... I think they are pretty cool and fun, like everywhere you go is a mascarade party or something 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Like some days I get to pretend I'm a bank robber, or like a ninja, or secret crime fighter 🤷🏽‍♂️... 😂

but this is the truth for me! i wear sunglasses all the time anyway *long story* so wearing a mask makes me feel incognito and less self conscious somehow.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    You know..

I been casually mask shopping today (thanks Google ads!), found a glittery one and a sugar skull one that I really like...if you gotta wear one, may as well have fun?

o5a64tywmvh0.png
    eb75sql9fdzd.png

I took my co-worker's white mask and wrote "Sex Hole" across the front of it in black sharpie marker.

He may, or may not, have found it entertaining.
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You know..

I been casually mask shopping today (thanks Google ads!), found a glittery one and a sugar skull one that I really like...if you gotta wear one, may as well have fun?

o5a64tywmvh0.png
    eb75sql9fdzd.png

I took my co-worker's white mask and wrote "Sex Hole" across the front of it in black sharpie marker.

thanks Sir - i'll stick with @Vikka_V 's choice of dia del muerte mask :)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    You know..

o5a64tywmvh0.png
    eb75sql9fdzd.png

Waaa

I'll just go with "youre cute, hot and sexy (wearing a face covering) Vikka!"

Keep it covered up!!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    really not a big fan of aliens.

once the gov announces their existence i hope we can all come together and hate them too.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    really not a big fan of aliens.

once the gov announces their existence i hope we can all come together and hate them too.

oh no